Sign in to follow this  
karlz

DEIMOS INC - F-16V VIPER MSFS

DEIMOS INC - F-16V VIPER MSFS is on Sim Market for sale,  but lots of junk can appear, does not seem to be any hype regarding this release in advance...

Do we have anyone that will test this thing for the group?

Chock is normally a good Guinea pig for the team,  anyone going to lay-down 20 quid?  Help us out?

After the standard of some of their recent airports, nah, i'll give it a miss.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

It actually looks like a fairly decent model if the pics are anything to go by, although how much of that is eye candy remains to be seen. The speed brakes look to be animated, so it's got some external animations for sure. It looks like you can have drop tanks optional too. Judging by the lack of AIM-9s on the wingtip rails, I suspect it'll end up on the MSFS market as well.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Chock said:

It actually looks like a fairly decent model if the pics are anything to go by, although how much of that is eye candy remains to be seen. The speed brakes look to be animated, so it's got some external animations for sure. It looks like you can have drop tanks optional too. Judging by the lack of AIM-9s on the wingtip rails, I suspect it'll end up on the MSFGS market as well.

The pics look pretty nice,  Its weird no hype, no pre release videos, no comment about this.   The T45 was posted prior on their site, but a gag order on the Beta testers till the day before retail release...

The 737 Max seemed to pop out of nowhere as well...

Looks tempting, just chicken without a couple of reviews

3 minutes ago, karlz said:

The pics look pretty nice,  Its weird no hype, no pre release videos, no comment about this.   The T45 was posted prior on their site, but a gag order on the Beta testers till the day before retail release...

The 737 Max seemed to pop out of nowhere as well...

Looks tempting, just chicken without a couple of reviews

If it'd had been a MiG-29 I'd probably have given it a shot, because I'm a sucker for the MiG, but on this one I think I'll wait and see. It's likely to be cheaper on the in game market too, so that's another reason to hold off.

Alan Bradbury

Doesn't sound very good judging by that post from a buyer who was bold enough to take one for the team. Certainly doesn't sound like it is worth the price of entry for anything other than curiosity when you consider other things you can have for that same price.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

I am curious to see if this will be another fine example in mass psychology like we saw with the 737MAX?

First someone: Meh, it´s a dumbed down version, doesn´t fly right, just cobbled together, quick money grab...

Everyone: Yeah, its word not allowed, ugh, how could they, MS should not allow this on their marketplace, yada yada...

Then eventually someone: I got it, it is actually quite enjoyable, looks really good in the morning sun, a lot of fun to do some aerobatics around the Central Park with.

Everyone: Oh, for 20 bucks its so much fun, I buzzed my house in it, it is JUST like in that awesome "Iron Eagle" movie...

🤣

• Like 1

If you just want to zoom around in something with a Garmin, join GotGravel's Discord server and participate in the open beta of his new Vertigo mod.  VL-3 airframe with a PT6 turbine, loosely inspired by Mike Petay's Turbulace.  0 to the flight levels faster then you can spill your cup of coffee in your lap.  And it's free.  No need to pay $20.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 hours ago, Janov said:

I am curious to see if this will be another fine example in mass psychology like we saw with the 737MAX?

First someone: Meh, it´s a dumbed down version, doesn´t fly right, just cobbled together, quick money grab...

Everyone: Yeah, its word not allowed, ugh, how could they, MS should not allow this on their marketplace, yada yada...

Then eventually someone: I got it, it is actually quite enjoyable, looks really good in the morning sun, a lot of fun to do some aerobatics around the Central Park with.

Everyone: Oh, for 20 bucks its so much fun, I buzzed my house in it, it is JUST like in that awesome "Iron Eagle" movie...

🤣

A difference here is that when Bredok3D knocked up that 737 MAX, they banged it out for 20 quid, which was an obvious sign that it was a cheap and cheerful affair. Given that in recent years there's not been any jet airliner for a flight sim which came in priced that low, and there was no 737 at all for MSFS, it was pretty much guaranteed to find people who were prepared to accept its limitations for that kind of price tag, and especially when those who bought it were reporting that it was actually kind of fun.

Additionally, it was comparatively easy for Bredok3D to take the basic default A320 flight parameters from the sim, tweak them a bit, and Bob's Yer Uncle, you have a passable 737 flight model, since the two real things are fairly comparable in performance in at least a broad sense. This is not something which one could do with an F-16, since there isn't any default aeroplane for MSFS which is even remotely similar to an F-16 in terms of flight modeling, so it'd be a case of making that mostly from scratch.

Not impossible of course, after all, there've been enough PC-based F-16 sims over the years for everyone to know what the real thing flies like - in fact without even looking, based on having had numerous versions of the good old Falcon sim series with its weighty paper manual which made War and Peace look like a pamphlet, even I can tell you that an F-16 has its smallest sustained radius turn when maintaining a speed of between 330 and 450 knots at around 5.5G - but still, doing a flight model with those kind of parameters is even so, not a simple copy-paste job in terms of development.

If all someone wants is a lookalike in the sim, I daresay they could do worse, but when things such as the BAe Hawk, MB 339 and Fiat G91 are available for less money and are probably in most respects better, then this becomes harder to justify. This was not really the case with that 737 MAX, it was either that, or nothing, and even then some people went for the latter option.

The UFCP and the twin MFDs in the real F-16 are what gives you the cockpit experience of the real thing. You could forgo most of the switches on the side panels, but those three screens and their functionality are in your face the whole time in the VC, and without even a nod toward what those things do, I should think the thing would get old soon, once you'd whizzed it about a bit at low level, with it rapidly become a hangar queen thereafter. In contrast, the Bredok3D 737 does have a half-decent stab at the cockpit of the real MAX to at least the point where you can play about with the systems somewhat as you navigate, so it's a lot easier to swallow its 20 quid price tag in terms of fun versus at least medium-term usage, until iFly, Wilco, Quality Wings, PMDG or some such come up with the goods.

I'm all for some 20 quid flight sim fun (actually 24 quid in the case of this F-16), but that doesn't mean I'll accept any old tosh and I daresay most other people will hold a similar view. As most people know, I quite often 'take one for the team' with new sim add-ons, but in this case I don't think that's necessary even if I had the inclination to do so.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

C'mon @Chock, do it for your channel! 😄

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

16 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

C'mon @Chock, do it for your channel! 😄

Well, I must admit the thought did occur, because I am trying to boost subscriber levels at the moment, so you never know, maaaybe.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

53 minutes ago, Chock said:

I am trying to boost subscriber levels

Subscribed! But now don’t be going off and buying that F16.

• Upvote 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

On 4/12/2021 at 2:43 AM, Chock said:

Well, I must admit the thought did occur, because I am trying to boost subscriber levels at the moment, so you never know, maaaybe.

I was looking at the updates they just did, and I bought the plane today.

Its not all bad, it flys pretty good, the outside animations are pretty good,  the cockpit looks better button wise than the F15,  the hud works, but need to be aligned a bit.

Flys pretty well in VR.

He is continuing to update it, so lets see where it goes..