Sign in to follow this  
lupus42

MSFS 2020 Cessna 208B-How do I Define Controls

Hello.  I'm completely new to LINDA and FSUIPC.

I'm trying to assign controls for the default Asobo Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan.  Specifically, I'm trying to identify and assign to a control button on one of my controller inputs (I can't really call them joysticks).  In this particular case it will be on my Virpil VPC MS-T 50 CM Throttle.

The 208 B has a 3 position toggle switch controlling the fuel boost that is manipulated during startup.  The 3 positions are On/Norm/Off.  In MSFS 2020 you can use the Fuel Pump control settings to set the fuel boost to the "On" and "Off" positions.  However, you need to be able to set it to "Norm" after startup for normal operation.  By default, the only way to do that is to manipulate the in game panel switch with the mouse.  Is there a way to bind a switch to set it to Norm or to 'increase/decrease' by one stage the switches position using LINDA and a registered version of FSUIPC?  There are other controls that I'd like to setup in a similar fashion, but I'm assuming the techniques I apply to this one would work just as well with the others.

Can someone please help me figure out what I need to do here?  Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Edited by lupus42
edited title

Sorry. I have been repairing my system following a HDD failure. I will take a look this coming week. However, my initial thoughts is that the basic default functionality in LINDA 4.0,5 can not address aircraft specific features like you describe. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

@lupus42 As I suspected there is no offset I can find that would could the 208 Fuel Boost switch. All the fuel pumps functions are either on or off (2 position). You will need to control the switch using the mouse in cockpit.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

On 4/27/2021 at 10:46 AM, ScotFlieger said:

@lupus42 As I suspected there is no offset I can find that would could the 208 Fuel Boost switch. All the fuel pumps functions are either on or off (2 position). You will need to control the switch using the mouse in cockpit.

Thanks for checking.  That sucks.

You can assign 3 position of fuel booster.

You have to have registered version of Fsuipc 7

I don't remember now offset , but you change parametr ,0,1,2.

You can open log, and click any button, and check in log every offset (but for now not every button you can assigne, we wait for full SDK).

I'm started build new cockpit for Cessna Grand Caravan and most important switches, i have assigned.

On 4/18/2021 at 11:06 AM, lupus42 said:

Bump-Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

The event is ELECT_FUEL_PUMP1_SET

Parameter 0 = Off

Parameter 2 = Norm

Parameter 1 = On

You can set this up through FSUIPC, the event is in the drop-down menu. The FSUIPC code is C67052 for that event

WW5130.png

| i9-10900F - 2080Ti | 32 GB RAM | Win 11 Pro | HC Bravo | AAO | StreamDeck | Air Manager |