Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

FBW A32NX soon available in Marketplace?

Looks like the announced availability of the FBW A32NX in the MSFS Marketplace is getting closer. After my daily incremental update via the FBW installer I noticed that there is now a sub-directory called MarketplaceData - interesting!

• Like 3

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Are there already free community add ons in the MSFS marketplace not from Microsoft/Asobo?  I thought Asobo was still developing the marketplace for free add ons from the community but they didn't mention when it would be ready for the public.  Those pictures from FBW kind of implies the marketplace is getting closer to being ready for free add ons from the community.

Edited by abrams_tank
I meant free community add ons (free add ons not from a company)

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

9 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Are there already free add ons in the MSFS marketplace not from Microsoft/Asobo?  I thought Asobo was still developing the marketplace for free add ons from the community but they didn't mention when it would be ready for the public.  Those pictures from FBW kind of implies the marketplace is getting closer to being ready for free add ons from the community.

Aerosoft EDLP is free and it's been available in the Marketplace since August.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Aerosoft EDLP is free and it's been available in the Marketplace since August.

Thanks. I'm trying to think of a community add on though.  Technically, Aerosoft is a company.  I don't recall any free community add ons though in the MSFS marketplace yet.  I edited my original question to mention community because maybe it wasn't clear with the original question.

Edited by abrams_tank

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

Thanks. I'm trying to think of a community add on though.  Technically, Aerosoft is a company.  I don't recall any free community add ons though in the MSFS marketplace yet.

I think this is only exception for FBW. 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

7 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

I think this is only exception for FBW. 

Well, Asobo did say they were looking into allowing many community add ons to the marketplace, not just from FBW.  I think it's one of the Wishlist items.  So I'm wondering if FBW getting their add on into the marketplace is the official opening of the MSFS marketplace to community add ons, or whether FBW is jumping the queue and getting their add on to the marketplace early because they have passed all the legal hurdles and have a good relationship with Asobo.

If FBW is jumping the queue (and make no mistake, FBW jumping the queue is still a benefit to everyone since their add on is super high quality and it's a top 2 community add on in popularity for MSFS), this may mean FBW gets their add on to the marketplace early, but it will still be a long wait for the other community add ons because the marketplace isn't ready for the other community add ons yet (for legal and/or technical reasons).

As I mentioned, the faster FBW gets their add on to the marketplace, the better for everyone. But I am curious to know whether this means the marketplace will open up for all community add ons, or it's just a special case for FBW (and if it's a special case for FBW, I still support it for the reasons mentioned above).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

I wonder if it will be released with proper checklist that all default aircraft have, it is a nightmare to figure out to start this aircraft from cold without following some youtube video at the same time, that is the only reason I have not try this yet, I'm too impatient to learn the basics from watching videos.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

it is a nightmare to figure out to start this aircraft from cold without following some youtube video

It’s not difficult. Do it once or twice and you will get it nailed down. Part of the fun of flying  this A32NX is getting the aircraft alive from cold and dark. The start up sounds as different systems come online is very immersive.

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

18 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

It’s not difficult. Do it once or twice and you will get it nailed down. Part of the fun of flying  this A32NX is getting the aircraft alive from cold and dark. The start up sounds as different systems come online is very immersive.

I hope for a descent checklist that I can follow, otherwise I will have to watch long and boring youtube videos 😒

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Good news about the FBW A3XX.

I hope Asobo only put certain 'approved' free add ons in the market place (such as the FBW and Aerosoft airports etc.), because...

1.  They have enough to do already.

2.  The marketplace is a bit slow and clunky.

3.  Flightsim.to is already excellent for this.

I think Orbx have been known to do a few free airfields as well.  I suppose they would go down well in the marketplace if they allowed it.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I presume that only the Stable version of FBW A32NX would appear in Marketplace. This it would not mean much for me as the Experimental is the one to have. In fact, I have not acquired anything thru the Marketplace. I go to the developers site direct or SimMarket. At least there you get updates etc on the day they are released, not a week or two later when MS/Asobo feel like uploading to Marketplace.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I hope for a descent checklist that I can follow, otherwise I will have to watch long and boring youtube videos 😒

Here's a few you can download and print...

https://flightsim.to/file/6370/a320-checklist

https://flightsim.to/file/7531/a320-checklist-procedures-for-flight-simulator-a32nx-flybywire-mod

https://flightsim.to/file/4641/aegean-airlines-a320-normal-checklist

If I recall correctly, there is an extensive custom checklist built in to the FBW mod, using the sims built in checklist system.

...jim

• Like 2

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

I think this will be great news. It will sit next to the default one correct, even if it has or they add the built in checklist, but I doubt it. Only they know for sure what their plans are, well them and Asobo/MS?  I prefer NOT to use many mod's as sometimes they can cause issue's. I felt the same with other sim's too. I keep it as simple as I can. But that's just me!

I would think they would be very selective at first for the Freeware in the market Place? The A32NX has been requested by the Community Wish List thingy for awhile now right. And I prefer to ONLY buy from the Market Place. BTW, I do not buy very much sim related items. But, now that I have that choice I want to get it all in one place. That's my personnel choice only. If it takes extra time for updates, so be it. That's why we all to get Choose how we use the sim, WE bought!

Time to go clean my Community Folder  🙂

BTW, I know NOT enough people want them, but if they could have separate X-Cubs with the Bush League Legends , Float, Alpine, Tundra, ( complete aircraft like the A32NX )  in the Freeware Market Place, I would appreciate it 🙂

I know it's not gonna happen, but I can hope? Those are Mod's I use ALL the time, almost daily!

BTW, the main thing is you have a Choice to buy where it is available. And where you choose! Which is what the community asked for in the beginning.

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

20 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I wonder if it will be released with proper checklist that all default aircraft have, it is a nightmare to figure out to start this aircraft from cold without following some youtube video at the same time, that is the only reason I have not try this yet, I'm too impatient to learn the basics from watching videos.

It has a checklist, although I noticed some strange stuff (like fuel pumps and navigation instruments missing...).

It's not that difficult compared to the default A320.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5