Sign in to follow this  
Guest TjommeS

Stuttering and FPS issue

Guest TjommeS

Hello all!Bought myself a brand new Core2Duo Dell computer and installed FSX a couple of weeks ago. I've installed and read all the tweaks and Lee Swordy's TTools along with all my AI aircrafts from FS9. I have pretty much all the sliders to the left and get framerates around 25-30 with FPS locked at 30. Even at bigger airports with a lot of AI aircrafts. But there's something that bothers me... When I'm taxing around at airports or even standing completely still the sim stutters and the framerates drop from like 28 down to 10-12 every 3 seconds!Does anyone know what's wrong!?Today I also installed the new 93.71 drivers to my graphics card.Thanks,Tomas

I get stutters and pops as well with my new system but unlike you i can run most slider 3/4 of the way or higher and maintain a solid high 20's low 30's in the cities. In the burbs and bush i am well into the 40-60fps range. The stutters are very bad near airports and when say looking directly down through the floor of a chopper at the scenery below. I did not get this with my p4 3.6 so it must be something with fsx and core2's.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest TjommeS

Thanks for your response, Astrodave. So I guess this is something we'll have to live with? Inflight and during approaches I have no problems. Just when taxing around at the airports.

I'm not experiencing this problem with a core2duo 6600 and 3 gb of ram. Could it be some of the fs9 AI aircraft causing problems? May want to remove the add-on AI and see if the problem persists. Are you using any other add-ons?I'm using traffic 2005 and have loads of aircraft at major airports and am stutter free. 60% commmercial, 40% GA. I use FS static real world weather and have FSUIPC installed. Ian.

Guest Redvan

probably has to do with % AI you're using... Mine pretty much locks up when I have any AI lol

I'm pretty sure a lot of it has to do with the autogen level. I run at dense autogen and I am almost sure that the higher the level of autogen the more the stutter. It's not a frame rate problem for me. It is a stutter. Some times it is bad and some times it isn't, but it is always detectable either way. It does not prevent me from getting a smooth flight though.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

it could also be errors with repaints and AI traffic, such as invalid flight plans, corrupt or missing airplane textures, wrongly named aircraft.cfg entries, etc

Not for me as i don't modify any of those things.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest BobKK

I have the core-2 duo e6600 with 1GB ram and I see occasional stuttering in dense AP traffic. This doesn't bother me too much. But it is irritating when when landing, which is what happened the other day when I was landing the King Air at KBOI. That's the one time I don't want to see any stuttering. I have Norton AV running in the background. Maybe I should disable this when flying.Bob

Stuttering can be caused by a number of factors, but not necessarily just one. In my 3 months of tweaking and using FSX, I have found the following factors behind my stutters:1. Resolution;2. Water Detail;3. Aniso filtering;4. Unlimited fps.In other words, stuttering is less likely to occur when I have my resolution set at 1280x1024, when the water detail is lower than Low2x, when aniso is set at 8X and fps are locked at 30. That is with my equipment of course: Athlon64 at 2.4ghz 2gig ram ATI X850XT agp 256(set at 256 in bios).Finally, I don't think anyone should fly in FSX and enjoy smooth flying with default Autogen on. The default.xml in Autogen should be deactivated (renaming it).Pierre

Pierre

Guest Len

Are you running WinMem optimizer?

Something is robbing you of cpu cycles in that situation...as Len is alluding to above.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I don't have a stuttering problem, normally. Once in a blue moon.I can reduce my frames as much as I choose to from mid 30s down to 4 or 5, by increasing autogen.But even at very low frames, they are quite consistent. While this won't help you much, its a data point for E6600.BobCore2Duo 6600 o/c to 3 ghzIntel 975xbxAti x1900xt4 gb kingston value ram in dual mode.

Guest TjommeS

>Are you running WinMem optimizer?>What is WinMem optimizer? I have now deleted all my AI aircrafts and flightplans and I'm back with FSX default aircrafts but still I have stuttering. Strange... I didn't have stuttering after first installation of FSX.

Guest TjommeS

I have now deleted all my AI aircrafts and flightplans and I'm back with FSX default aircrafts but still I have stuttering. Strange... I didn't have stuttering after first installation of FSX.