Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

Safedisc

Guest RGH

Hi allWell into the new year and the problems with FSX are sorting themselfs out but it looks like we are been hit with the new Safedisc protection program.Producers who are useing this are causeing real problems to customer in all software programs.The programs Safedisc is non compatable with are as long as your arm.Check them out on google.RegardsRex

OK, and this has WHAT to do with FSX?VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest RGH

Hi VicDo you not puchase addon programs on CD and DVD.If you do not then the post will be no help to you.All the BestRex.

Guest RonB49

>Hi Vic>Do you not puchase addon programs on CD and DVD.If you do not>then the post will be no help to you.>All the Best>Rex.I do purchase stuff on CD and DVD but I've never heard of Safedisc. Is it a program that you run on your PC? If so, why; IOW what does it do? R-

Safedisc is a means of copy protecting commercial programs. However I don't know of any MSFS add-on that requires a CD be inserted to use. So I don't know what this thread is directed at, unless it's just another anti-copy protection thread.-John

Guest RGH

Hi John.People are haveing problems installing programs that are protected by the new safedisk.The reson for the post is to inform members that if a new addon fails to install on your pc from a CD or DVD it is a very good chance it may have this copy protection,and you will know how to go about fixing it.All the BestRex

I think there are a couple of issues here. First, Safedisc has been known as a problem for some CD/DVD drives as they just can't cope with the error tracks. In that case, a new drive will usually solve the problem. The second problem is that MS makes it very difficult to copy the original discs to removeable backup media as allowed by the EULA. In the backup case there are, indeed, a couple of programs which will do the job but most folks are not familiar with them. Nothing as sinister as anti-copy protection in either of those cases.DougEdited because I can't a spel

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest RGH

Hi Doug.So I have got this wrong then,safedisc will not stop you from loading software onto your pc evan if it as a conflic with programs that are already installed on your PC.I am sorry if I misled anyone.It just that I had read about it on googleafter I had had an installation problem with a CD that was useing safedisc.Best regards Doug and thanks. Rex.

"The second problem is that MS makes it very difficult to copy the original discs to removeable backup media as allowed by the EULA."Is Safedisc used by FS-X? I thought it wasn't.

I honestly don't know John. I was just responding to generic Safedisc issues. I've always assumed there was no copy protection at all on the FSX discs. I copied mine with BlindWrite so I don't if there is any Safedisc copy-protection there or not (or any copy protection at all for that matter).Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.