Sign in to follow this  
BigT65

Why Do I Keep Getting This Message

Your packages are out of date.

In order to get the necessary updates and go online, you will be returned to the sign in screen.

Do you wish to continue?  

If I say yes it does not go to the sign in screen. It restarts and looks for updates like it always does but does not find any. And continues to start up. At some point later I will get that message again. This has been going on for about a week now. Does anyone have any ideas about how to cure it?

Thanks.

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

Look in the Content Manager (Main Menu>Profile) and update the packages that need updating.

It is unbelievable that flights get disrupted because of this. Very user unfriendly the whole process.....

• Like 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

Updating the packages doesn't actually solve this, people have received this message even after updating them.

This is likely tied to server updates ahead of the world update tomorrow and will probably go away then.

Recommend choosing "no" to this prompt (which turns off your data settings in the menus) or your logbook might be deleted.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, BigT65 said:

If I say yes

You are going to lose your logbook, if you haven’t already.... Stop clicking yes or follow the suggestion in another thread in this forum. Or just leave it alone until tonight when Asobo releases the new sim update.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Hi @ChaoticBeauty, Jayne didn’t come back to the community if I am not mistaken, did she ? 

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

until tonight when Asobo releases the new sim update.

Some say it won’t be released before the 15th

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Some say it won’t be released before the 15th

Well communication is certainly not one of Asobo's strong points so anything is possible. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

8 hours ago, BigT65 said:

Does anyone have any ideas about how to cure it?

Thanks.

I managed to get rid of it by hitting 'yes', then waiting. After you get the press a key and set your experience screens following about five minutes of waiting, it asked me to 'set my experience and although it binned off my logbook, which is not really a big deal, and meant I had to redo some of my options settings (fortunately it kept my custom controller and key settings), it was all okay.

I've not seen the message since I did that. However, I'm disappointed that there is no option to set your experience as 'annoying'. 🤣

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

7 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Hi @ChaoticBeauty, Jayne didn’t come back to the community if I am not mistaken, did she ? 

Just checked, Taleboules said yesterday that they are still looking into the issue. From the looks of it, those who get the packages message do not have their logbook, stats and settings reset anymore, and they are letting people know that it is a normal thing for the next World Update, but they are still investigating for those who did lose them. Jayne is busy managing the beta test and incoming patch launch right now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Just checked, Taleboules said yesterday that they are still looking into the issue. From the looks of it, those who get the packages message do not have their logbook, stats and settings reset anymore, and they are letting people know that it is a normal thing for the next World Update, but they are still investigating for those who did lose them. Jayne is busy managing the beta test and incoming patch launch right now.

Thank you for providing some info!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

6 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Thanks CB. 

My logbook and all the stats were wiped out less than one hour ago but indeed apparently not the settings . Checking but everything to be as it was before. So now we have half a bug only.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I guess I will wait for the update and see how it goes. I have not checked to see if I still have a logbook. I will look shortly, if not I may have a backup. My logbook was full of word not allowed anyway. I wish there was an app to edit the logbook.

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

I got that message during a hairy IFR flight between Thunder Bay and Winnipeg on Monday afternoon (11th). I hit no, but when I landed in Winnipeg (whole other story) the ATC voice had changed and the simulated "noisiness" of the transmissions had changed from what they were when I took off from Thunder Bay. I assumed a background tweak had been performed in advance of the update--unless central Canada somehow has different ATC voices than the rest of the sim.

Right after I left this forum yesterday I started up the sim and got the new update. I downloaded and installed that then started up the sim. After flying for several minutes I got that Packages message again. And it has happened a few more times since then. So it doesn't look like the update did any good for that.

Still looking for a solution. I guess I will try some of the offered fixes I have seen

Has anyone else installed the update from Tuesday April 13 and noticed any changes in the Out of date packages message? The update was 17+ GB and it didn't change my situation at all.