Sign in to follow this  
filou

Upcoming X-Plane 12

XP12 actually has some serious competition

omfg I hope they can do as good as that.

Y'all fretting about MSFS, and Eagle Dynamics gone got better than MSFS graphics and its a solid sim....

Edited by mSparks
  • Upvote 3

AutoATC Developer

54 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Y'all fretting about MSFS, and Eagle Dynamics gone got better than MSFS graphics and its a solid sim....

Seems like most sims are getting better, except XP. Above is the result of engagement, commitment, and constant development...

Just look at "those" clouds....

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

Just look at "those" clouds....

Check the live streams going on - thats all in game footage....

This is what "next gen" actually looks like.

3 hours ago, Greazer said:

XP engine stuck in the dark ages, compared to that.

Nah... despite the name similarities XP11 never bothered with DX11.

DCS just skipped the public vulkan transition XP11 and went straight to making use of it.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter08012021-txeuwna3q8uxe2dqmg6xelf4w2tfy3ek.html

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

3 hours ago, mSparks said:

Check the live streams going on - thats all in game footage....

This is what "next gen" actually looks like.

Nah... despite the name similarities XP11 never bothered with DX11.

DCS just skipped the public vulkan transition XP11 and went straight to making use of it.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter08012021-txeuwna3q8uxe2dqmg6xelf4w2tfy3ek.html

Give it a try, you can install DCS World for free (from Steam or from the official launcher) and use it with the two free provided aircraft. Just make sure to install the open beta channel because version 2.7 (with the new clouds and other improvements) is available only on that version. Also right now also most modules have a 50% discount.

As for Vulkan, that's incorrect. DCS didn't implement it yet, it's a long term goal. However i can say that i can fly with tons of units, my advanced planes and now these clouds with no fps degradation at all, i am almost always at 60 fps.

I took this little video yesterday

Edited by Pastaiolo

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

7 hours ago, Greazer said:

XP engine stuck in the dark ages, compared to that.

Yes we do have a few stuck records. Round and round it goes. You can always go back to FS9.

• Upvote 2

Those clouds in DCS look amazing, however, unless they develop a 172SP & a complex single along with an RXP GTN750, I will never embrace it. Looks great and those interested in a military sim will love it.

As for XP 12, this is what happens to threads on AVSIM with misleading tittles, then they get locked.

• Like 4

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

HST has removed the X-Plane 12 mention

https://fselite.net/news/xambience-pro-releasing-within-a-few-weeks/

amWTeSG.jpg

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

19 hours ago, mSparks said:

[Trailer]

Whoever selected that soundtrack needs his/her posterior kicked. This sounds just like your average stupid superhero movie trailer, including that overused "BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" sound effect. Huge minus points for not presenting and naming new/changed features as well. No comparison to the Falcon BMS trailers that actually contain information instead of mind numbing sensual overload.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

On 4/13/2021 at 3:23 AM, DJJose said:

Ever since I set the AA to a 2 instead of 4, my fps have been locked at 30 with xEnviro set medium to high cloud settings

What resolution?  4K seems to be the killer with xEnviro and since I have a 43" monitor I must use 4K.  There used to be a set of lower resolution clouds that made it acceptable at 4K, but there doesn't seem to be any such option currently.

23 minutes ago, Forkboy2 said:

What resolution?  4K seems to be the killer with xEnviro and since I have a 43" monitor I must use 4K.  There used to be a set of lower resolution clouds that made it acceptable at 4K, but there doesn't seem to be any such option currently.

1080P. But, initially my fps were half. After changing AA setting something happened that it made xEnviro perform much better. I'm now able to go to 4AA and I'm still getting good fps. Weird program but a must have. I would play with the settings or try a 1080P monitor if you have one laying around.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

13 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

Give it a try

Having downloaded some 30 or 40GB of updates I can confirm it still doesn't work on Linux/Proton

13 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

As for Vulkan, that's incorrect. DCS didn't implement it yet

Yeah, unfortunately I found that out after I wasted a load of bandwidth downloading the updates.

AutoATC Developer

OH for the Love of it all ! lol ! Im just looking into updating my Rig and Flight deck for X-Plane 11. Should I wait ? J/K im going in ! Been in this wait for this or that for 2 long ! BUT riddle me this BatMan Pilots as I am new to looking into X-Plane. Lets say they will come out with - 12 will it be a charged upgrade or free, will addon's still work etc bases on X-Planes past ?

Thanks !

6 minutes ago, Th1racer said:

BUT riddle me this BatMan Pilots as I am new to looking into X-Plane. Lets say they will come out with - 12 will it be a charged upgrade or free, will addon's still work etc bases on X-Planes past ?

Beta/Preview phase may be free under certain conditions (valid XP11 license?), final XP12 release will definitely have to be bought. Add-on compatibility (especially third party payware) not guaranteed; payware devs may charge XP11 customers for XP12-compatible release (albeit with discount). Proceed with caution before investing.

• Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days