Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

France & Benelux World Update (1.15.7.0) is now live!

1 minute ago, Tom Wright said:

Sorry if this has been answered before but is there still a need to clear the Community folder before these updates?

I do not know if there is a need to do so, but it is certainly judicious to do so.  And I use the Addons Linker so it takes about 15 seconds.....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

This is why we need an "opt in" beta, that was promised for Update #9. Well, I hope Asobo answers the question about the "opt in" beta in today's Twitch Q&A.

Agreed, while I am really happy with how this beta test process was handled, I think that it will be great to have the option between a stable build and a beta branch for new features. Now that they've made the first steps I think we will see them ramp up the complexity of the beta-testing initiatives.

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I started the game and only saw a 16 GB update which is installing now. Is there another update much smaller? 

I think you may be experiencing the same issues that Barnes noted above. Restart your computer and wait until the client is downloaded in the Microsoft Store first.

1 minute ago, Tom Wright said:

Sorry if this has been answered before but is there still a need to clear the Community folder before these updates?

Yes, it's noted in the download instructions. It is recommended for every major update.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

up to 23,38GB on the installation manager

Apart of this 23.38GB download, is there another one in-sim (Content Manager) to download the Content Update for France/Benelux?.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I think you may be experiencing the same issues that Barnes noted above. Restart your computer and wait until the client is downloaded in the Microsoft Store first.

Yes, it's noted in the download instructions. It is recommended for every major update.

Well I am already downloading the 16GB file, so I am afraid to restart the computer while it is downloading. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, edpatino said:

Apart of this 23.38GB download, is there another one in-sim (Content Manager) to download the Content Update for France/Benelux?.

Yes, it's a 5,15GB download on the Marketplace.

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Well I am already downloading the 16GB file, so I am afraid to restart the computer while it is downloading. 

Pause the download first and then close the installation manager.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dobee51 said:

Isn't 1.28 GB rather small for a scenery upgrade?

That's barely the equivalent of one NZA airport scenery.

Several more downloads waiting for you. Microsoft Store with 1 Gb, main update in the sim 23 Gb, Content Manager (updates a couple challenges plus some US and Japanese airports 0,5 Gb, Marketplace for the World Update 5 Gb. Seems quite a cumbersome update process for any newcomers.

• Like 2

Downloading 22GB...zzz

I can't wait to see what they've broken following this update. Any bets? I think the sky and ground will be reversed and we'll all have to fly upside down until they issue a hotfix (in a month or two;)

What bliss this is!

• Like 2

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

1 minute ago, SimFx said:

Several more downloads waiting for you. Microsoft Store with 1 Gb, main update in the sim 23 Gb, Content Manager (updates a couple challenges plus some US and Japanese airports 0,5 Gb, Marketplace for the World Update 5 Gb. Seems quite a cumbersome update process for any newcomers.

I have been updating programs for decades. Why does the Asobo update always feel like a cluster $$#@

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

So uhh...Is the 10 Degree Bug really, really, truly, actually, really, fixed this time?

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

After all is downloaded shut down the Sim and restart your PC - that should do it..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I had that. I was logged in to the wrong MS store account.

i was and still am logged in with the only MS account i have in the MS Store and nothing to see there about an update.

Meanwhile, the 17.33 GiB has finished with download/install

I click on CONTINUE and see l'Arc the Triomphe splash screen 'World Update IV' 

In the menu I see i am still on 1.14.6.0

I restart FS2020 and now it wants to update the same 1.14.6.0 but this time only 81.69 MiB

I continue ....

Again Arc de Triomphe splash screen with 'World Update IV' etc.

waiting ..... and I am in the menu now, and.....still on 1.14.6.0

I restart FS2020 again (and still no change in MS Store)

checking for updates...

nothing

can't check if anything changed to the scenery because constantly getting CTD's (vcruntime140.dll in eventlog) navigating in the menu just like the last few weeks.

Brilliant!

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Does not sound right though @Bobsk8. Would not want to call it either but I think if I were you, I would cancel the download and restart the PC, start over. You should be seeing Release Notes for 1.15.7.0 

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Yes, it's a 5,15GB download on the Marketplace.

Pause the download first and then close the installation manager.

Well I am not sure how exactly do close the Installation manager, so I am just going to let it finish what it prompted me do to when I started MSFS 20 minutes ago. Then I will see if it still works...LOL

I'm getting faster speeds using ProtonVPN lmao I got up to 70Megabits at one point, I normally only get 30.

5 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Does not sound right though @Bobsk8. Would not want to call it either but I think if I were you, I would cancel the download and restart the PC, start over. You should be seeing Release Notes for 1.15.7.0 

OK, I will try that. 

OK, got that working. Updating MS Store now.   thanks. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1