Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

France & Benelux World Update (1.15.7.0) is now live!

1 hour ago, The_Moose said:

Yet another post apocalypse on acid cityscape then.  Wonderful.

If you survive the apocalypse and can manufacture your own LSD-25 you are the man and you've hit on a great way to experience post-apocalyptic life.  What little of it there will be, I mean.  Especially if you go around tripping as often as your neurochemistry would allow.  But hey, it would be really really REALLY intense lol.  Or so I've heard anyway.  Anecdotal evidence and all that....

I'm just curious, is it normal that after you install a world update, you have to go to the marketplace and "buy" the world update content and then download it in the profile manager? Or is there something weird going on with my installation?

Just now, quantumpion said:

I'm just curious, is it normal that after you install a world update, you have to go to the marketplace and "buy" the world update content and then download it in the profile manager? Or is there something weird going on with my installation?

No, that's correct.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

how did you come to that conclusion ?

Here is one way to check: load up the TBM930 (I'm patching and heading out the door to a client's or I'd look) and check the cabin light dimming knob.  If the tooltips are correct and not reversed, someone (may or may not have) listened to me (as I may or may not have been testing).  What are the odds?

Edited by badgenes
correction

5 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

I had download problems to. Deleted last downloaded file from official folder and went like a charme after that.

Yeah that works for me, until it gets to the next plane to download.

It only seems to be looping on airplanes for me, airports are downloading fine.

Edited by Tuskin38

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

OK, you are right, the beta testing is terrific. Run just like any other software company, .. Feel better. ? 

You mean like prioritizing fixes based on severity and plan according to your sprint velocity ?   This was an WORLD UPDATE. Not a sim update. Yet they managed to fix a few bugs like the trees and the honeycomb 10 degree bug.  You guys needs to take a break  if this is not going fast enough.

• Like 6

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

And they fixed the altimeter bug that's been happening since RTM.  Yay

Nope, not fixed. Same as before. This fix had been scheduled for Sim Update 4, not World Update 4, so hoping it was just a mistake to include it in this changelog.

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

You mean like prioritizing fixes based on severity and plan according to your sprint velocity ?   This was an WORLD UPDATE. Not a sim update. Yet they managed to fix a few bugs like the trees and the honeycomb 10 degree bug.  You guys needs to take a break  if this is not going fast enough.

I have beta  tested almost a half dozen products in P3D, FSX over the years. In every case, when we found something that was a bug , the bug(s)  were fixed prior to  release of the update.  Obviously with the number of bugs that have been released in the previous updates, this is not the way Asobo does it. In fact, Asobo just very recently stated that they were not even beta testing these updates until this current one. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

So this entire 300 Beta testers was just a bunch of BS, they weren't even listened to, which is what I suspected all along. 

Im not gonna draw that conclusion quite yet.. Lets see on balance what's been improved and how many bugs made the trip to the final build and are discovered. We probably wont know how many or the nature of the bugs that were discovered and reported as fixed during the beta period but if the beta testers are coming out saying that their concerns are being addressed and they can see the fixes on what they reported then one can only assume that the Beta is working hopefully.. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I have beta  tested almost a half dozen products in P3D, FSX over the years. In every case, when we found something that was a bug , the bug(s)  were fixed prior to  release of the update.  Obviously with the number of bugs that have been released in the previous updates, this is not the way Asobo does it. In fact, Asobo just very recently stated that they were not even beta testing these updates until this current one. 

you mean the Vancouver airport sign issue that took 8 months for LM to fix ? right....

• Like 1

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

you mean the Vancouver airport sign issue that took 8 months for LM to fix ? right....

I didn't beta test for LM, I tested add ons that were used in LM and FS. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Good work Asobo, now all my addons are listed as "not installed" although they are in the community folder... do they really test their rubbish updates before releasing them?

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

They do work thought and it's not Asobo's responsibility to care about your mods

Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I didn't beta test for LM, I tested add ons that were used in LM and FS. 

but add-ones are very smaller scope than a "sim" and thus in that regards, I wouldn't compare, MSFS is super huge massive, so yeah it has many things

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 minute ago, AnkH said:

Good work Asobo, now all my addons are listed as "not installed" although they are in the community folder... do they really test their rubbish updates before releasing them?

They still work and if you say install there is no tick box so its a nothing. Just a mess up on there part.

• Like 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /