Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

France & Benelux World Update (1.15.7.0) is now live!

2 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Good work Asobo, now all my addons are listed as "not installed" although they are in the community folder... do they really test their rubbish updates before releasing them?

Did you take them out of the community folder before starting the update like they said to do?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Good work Asobo, now all my addons are listed as "not installed" although they are in the community folder... do they really test their rubbish updates before releasing them?

Yes, same for me. They load OK but this is another annoying bug. I've tried deleting the community folder, restarting the sim then reinstalling it. Just the same. The beta testing was a waste of time.

Edited by jarmstro

Just now, jarmstro said:

but this is another annoying bug.

How? It's just cosmetic.

5 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

How? It's just cosmetic.

It's not if you need to find something from the store that needs updating! I have 230 mods in my community folder. It's not the end of the world but should not have happened imo. Sloppy and unprofessional.

Edited by jarmstro

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

How? It's just cosmetic.

No, Tuskin. It's the downfall of western civilisation as we know it, word not allowed 👍😄

Edited by spacedyemeerkat

40 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

What happened to me is I started MSFS, and it said there was an update, and apparently it was the update that I already 1.14.6.0. That was around 16 BG. I stopped the update, and restarted the PC, and then went to the MS Store and saw there was an update there. 1.6 GB. I installed that, restarted MSFS and now it is downloading 1.15.7.0. So I guess if I had not stopped it on the first try, it would have just downloaded the 16 GB update I already had installed. Crazy way to do this frankly. 

Same experience here.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

While we cannot be more specific, we did catch a few major bugs that were fixed either in the beta itself or today's live build. The community managers were very responsive throughout the whole process.

Excellent, good to see ....

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

10 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Did you take them out of the community folder before starting the update like they said to do?

Sure, did that for every update so far...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

26 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

You mean like prioritizing fixes based on severity and plan according to your sprint velocity ?   This was an WORLD UPDATE. Not a sim update. Yet they managed to fix a few bugs like the trees and the honeycomb 10 degree bug.  You guys needs to take a break  if this is not going fast enough.

Is this the second or third time they claim to have fixed the 10deg bug ?

Just heads up, there are other 15 updates need to be done in the content manager (were small) plus the 50% discount in all France, Netherlands based add-ones 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

46 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Anyone getting stuck on looping files? Every like 5 files or so, I have to restart the download because it just gets stuck.

It's not the same files every time.

Same here, it is looping since 30 minutes on same files.

The procedure to update MSFS is a NIGHTMARE and looks based on a technology back from the '90s (indeed even in the '90s I had a tool to resume downloads without having to start over in case of issues).

Obviously, if I would like to fly without installing the update........ I can't!

It is just amazing how bad it is, it leaves me without words.

BTW, I have a 1000mb fiber connection working super fine with any other game, video streaming and so on...

Just now, lucianon said:

Same here, it is looping since 30 minutes on same files.

The procedure to update MSFS is a NIGHTMARE and looks based on a technology back from the '90s (indeed even in the '90s I had a tool to resume downloads without having to start over in case of issues).

Obviously, if I would like to fly without installing the update........ I can't!

It is just amazing how bad it is, it leaves me without words.

BTW, I have a 1000mb fiber connection working super fine with any other game, video streaming and so on...

I actually did a packet capture of when that happen.  Basically it's the server that is sending a TCP-Reset Windows Size to 0. It's been happening for a long time.  I open a ticket with Asobo with my packet capture and they fixed my local server. So I suggest you do the same

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

also don't forget the poll here about the update: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/discussion-poll-world-update-iv-1-15-7-0/389984

Honest word: MSFS team is doing its best to make people happy but anyway as usual, there will be some that will never be happy 😐

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super