Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

France & Benelux World Update (1.15.7.0) is now live!

2 minutes ago, macpilot said:

I have the same problem. Stuck on loading screen then crash to desktop. I recycled power and had the same problem.

Make sure to remove any standalone WASM modules from your Community folder. In fact, to be on the safe side, remove everything from the Community folder.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

So does this mean that FSUIPC, which I thought everyone uses, will make the sim crash?

It is my understanding that the latest/beta? version of FSUIPC may have a standalone WASM module too. If it does, same crash, I'm pretty sure of that by now.

LORBY-SI

No installation issues. But the distance problem from trees and buildings within a small radius remains intact.That's why the performance is good

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

A restart of the computer, suggested by BobSk8, fixed the things about being stuck at the loading screen.

• Like 3

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Crazy way to do this frankly.

1/ Go to Microsoft Store, select MSFS, on that MSFS page press the three dots on the upper right corner, select "update", a download file of MSFS will start (approximately 2 GB if I recall correctly).

2/ When this download is complete, start MSFS, on the update screen, the current update will show, go ahead and download it (22.22 GB), it will be done in one go and about 30 minutes.

Same procedure for all World Updates. 

Edited by Jean-Claude
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

to all users of AxisAndOhs: the AAO WASM module is not compatible with the new simulator update. Please remove "lorbysi-content-hooks" from your Community folder or the simulator will not start at all.

When the change in the WASM code was announced with the last simulator update, we were assured by Asobo that the change would not affect AAO. It obviously does, and in a very bad way.

At the moment we can't offer a solution. So accessing LVars or HVars through AAO is currently out of the question. 

Thanks for the update, which certainly saves time in troubleshooting why it wouldn't start.   

Haven't exited the sim yet after my flights North today so not DL'ing yet. (Ferrying a Cararvan from Southampton, UK to Ft. Lauderdale)

Just wanted to check if we're all still alive.

How's Download?

How's tree fix?

Answer in MORSE if unable to speak or just give 2 Clicks on the PTT if all well with this Update.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jean-Claude said:

1/ Go to Microsoft Store, select MSFS, on that MSFS page press the three dots on the upper right corner, select "update", a download file of MSFS will start (approximately 2 GB if I recall correctly).

2/ When this download is complete, start MSFS, on the update screen, the current update will show, go ahead and download it (22.22 GB), it will be done in one go and about 30 minutes.

Same procedure for all World Updates. 

Do not forget to download free content from the marketplace for this update. (as normal as all world updates) Additional 5.15 GB

And, there are some items in the content manager which are available for update.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Releasing an update that means the example code in your own SDK will crash the sim on startup isn't quite up there with accidentally doubling the lift from flaps but it's in the same ballpark.

Hello @ll,

Asobo just answered to my post in the (closed) 3PD forum.

The issue has been confirmed as affecting all stand alone WASM modules. They are looking into the matter and promise to fix it as soon as possible.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

• Like 13

LORBY-SI

2 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

Asobo just answered to my post in the (closed) 3PD forum.

The issue has been confirmed as affecting all stand alone WASM modules. They are looking into the matter and promise to fix it as soon as possible.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

I haven't flown for a long after update but FSUIPC seems working fine for me. I do not have any hardware setup via FSUIPC though

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I haven't flown for a long after update but FSUIPC seems working fine for me. I do not have any hardware setup via FSUIPC though

I don't know a lot about FSUIPC architecture, since I obviously use a different app... 

But people told me, that FSUIPC is to gain a standalone WASM module too (so it can access LVars), but that may still be in beta. The crash only occurs when those are in play.

LORBY-SI

All was fine since the begining (release of the game)... Now it stays stuck on the loading screen (Paris view), so no access to the sim. For me it's just like a.. downgrade, can't use the sim anymore (no addons in the community folder)..

I have the same problem. Stuck on loading screen then crash to desktop. I recycled power and had the same problem.

Bill McCracken