Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

France & Benelux World Update (1.15.7.0) is now live!

Nice: Well, I think that could be the best-looking default airport in the sim now! So much more like the real thing, I can almost feel the heat beating down on me as I head towards the terminal!😄 Some beautiful modelling, with interiors of some buildings, and the Departures/Arrivals board are actually legible.👍 Loving the tram going between terminals, which is new since I was last there in real life. Not sure if there should really be a large gap in the side of the DHL building at one of the corners though. Not very secure!

Suffered quite a frame hit at times though, down as low as 16fps with some stuttering on all-Ultra. Same happened with the drone cam, with it travelling in 20 metre jumps.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

From the Working Title Discord:

@everyone Unfortunately a change made in today's update seems to break a key part of our file loading for the G1000.   This is causing a broken MFD, and it may affect other bits of the Garmins, too.  I've sent a query off to our friends at Asobo for some more information/guidance and we'll get things straight as soon as we can, if we can.  But there won't be a release for these tonight.   We'll keep you posted.

• Like 4

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

From the Working Title Discord:

@everyone Unfortunately a change made in today's update seems to break a key part of our file loading for the G1000.   This is causing a broken MFD, and it may affect other bits of the Garmins, too.  I've sent a query off to our friends at Asobo for some more information/guidance and we'll get things straight as soon as we can, if we can.  But there won't be a release for these tonight.   We'll keep you posted.

🤣

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 minute ago, marsman2020 said:

🤣

I just finished VABB to VECC, about 1000 nm, with the TBM and the WT G3000 mod. I didn't notice anything wrong during that flight.

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

Still crashing for me when I load a saved flight. Are they not aware that this is happening?

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

Megève Altiport: That's not a runway, that's a ski jump!😄 It now has a real incline at one end which looks true to life from the photos I've seen. It barely had an incline before. Custom buildings are nice and the baked-in satellite bushes are now 3D. A very basic upgrade (one of the examples of "padding out" world updates), but nicely done all the same.

Rotterdam: Vast improvement, a little internal detailing and nice to see the subterranean railway line is no longer a long above-surface grey building. Unfortunately, the individual sections don't always mesh with each other, making it look stepped until you get closer, and the section nearest the airport hasn't meshed at all for me so far.

Edited by 109Sqn
I'm so bad at remembering to close brackets!

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

21 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

I just finished VABB to VECC, about 1000 nm, with the TBM and the WT G3000 mod.

This particular problem is related to the G1000.   I don't believe the G3000 uses any of the logic that broke here, but I haven't had time to verify that and I didn't want to say it was fine if I didn't know it was.  🙂

We have had reports of SVT not working on the 3000, which we'll have a look at tomorrow.  I'm happy it's working for you, though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J0nx said:

Still crashing for me when I load a saved flight. Are they not aware that this is happening?

Because you haven't told them? (Unless you have of course).

Oh wow.  I just thought for the hell of it I'd try this:

If you are stuck on a black screen after clicking Play or Launch,  skip the intro.

1. Close Microsoft Flight Simulator

2. In the Windows search bar type Powershell

3. Select Run as administrator

4. In the pop-up window that appears, copy-paste the following command:

cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

5. If prompted, authorize the program to run. 

Now I get to the loading screen.  Apparently it works for my situation as well as for those who have the issue when clicking 'fly now'

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

18 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Oh wow.  I just thought for the hell of it I'd try this:

If you are stuck on a black screen after clicking Play or Launch,  skip the intro.

1. Close Microsoft Flight Simulator

2. In the Windows search bar type Powershell

3. Select Run as administrator

4. In the pop-up window that appears, copy-paste the following command:

cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

5. If prompted, authorize the program to run. 

Now I get to the loading screen.  Apparently it works for my situation as well as for those who have the issue when clicking 'fly now'

-FastLaunch!  Thanks Jeff.  Maybe we should all try it anyway even if we don't have problems.  I love attributes that have 'fast' in them! 🙂

At the same time, I might try...

-RestoreTreeLOD -RestoreLogBook -DownloadUpdateInOneLump -MakeWASMWork -NoMountainMorphing....  Anyone know how many of these we can have? :biggrin:

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

21 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

-FastLaunch!  Thanks Jeff.  Maybe we should all try it anyway even if we don't have problems.  I love attributes that have 'fast' in them! 🙂

At the same time, I might try...

-RestoreTreeLOD -RestoreLogBook -DownloadUpdateInOneLump -MakeWASMWork -NoMountainMorphing....  Anyone know how many of these we can have? :biggrin:

HAHA...right?  

There are some serious stutters at LFMN, but it seems like only in the exterior view when panning around back towards the mountains.  Overall I have not seen any performance increase.  If anything a performance decrease on my machine, which is odd.  I have also determined that you may need to re-install the FBW A320 as it causes a black screen.  I'm trying that out now to see if that works.  I wonder if it has to do with custom camera views I set up.

Re-installed the FBW mod and it works fine.  The custom camera views were still there also.  Next will try to start the sim again without Powershell.

No luck, I have to start with Powershell.  ******* H, there's always something.  it was the sound thing last update.  Now it's this.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
add
  • Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

You may find you have to reinstall Tiny Taxi Ribbons, if you use it. The BGL file has been overwritten by the update.

24 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I have the -FastLaunch option in the Steam launcher as well as in my alternative batch starter. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

For the first time in months I'm getting performance approaching what I had at launch. Not sure what they did but I'm happy to have my FPS back. WT CJ4 is working wonderfully as well.

• Like 4

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png