Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

DC-4 Getting Exciting Polish And Buff

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting exciting recreation of emergency Christmas airlift supply flight from CYHY Hay River/Merlyn Carter Airport located 1.7 miles north of Hay River, Northwest Territories, Canada to CYZF Yellowknife Airport located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada using Flight Replicas R5D (C-54G) featuring well polished/buffed masterpiece work painted and polished exclusively by repainter named Hartmut Hekmann who is the official repainter for Virtual Aircraft Restoration Facebook group owned and operated by Hartmut Hekmann and Tobias Krause.

Arriving at the airport to get ready for pre-flight inspection of the plane before boarding my captain seat in cockpit

mt8.jpg

look how well polished and buff the plane is in time for Chanukah, Christmas, and New Year service!

mt1.jpg

mt2.jpg

Inspecting engine

mt5.jpg

Inspecting another engine while marveling how well polished the engine covers and mufflers are!!

mt6.jpg

Time for right side inspection

mt9.jpg

Inspecting right engines (dig that metallic polish!)

mt10.jpg

mt11.jpg

Inspecting the tail

mt12.jpg

Inspecting newly installed tires and landing gear

mt13.jpg

Forgot to inspect front wheel so went back to left side to inspect front wheel

mt14.jpg

Pre-flight inspection of the plane is completed and now time to sit on my captain seat and check all gauges to be sure they are kosher and correct

mt15.jpg

Starting pushback!!

mt3.jpg

Continuing pushback

mt4.jpg

Finished with pushback and time to start engines!!

mt7.jpg

Engines started which resulted into spewing MASSIVE engine start smoke to excite all airport spotting photographers causing them to wet their pants

smoke.jpg

All engines started and ready for taxi!!

mt16.jpg

Checking left engines to be sure they are okay and not overheated (you think they would get overheated in -20 degree weather)

mt17.jpg

leaving passenger apron to taxi to short of runway 32

mt18.jpg

Entering into runway 32 to taxi more and backtrack

mt19.jpg

Backtracking!!

mt20.jpg

Because of regulations not permitting more than 20 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink to continue viewing rest of exciting trip.

Here is hyperlink:  https://calclassic.proboards.com/thread/10330/dc-4-exciting-polish-buff

Thank you for viewing my screenshot and stay tuned for next exciting flight. And I apologize to all of you for not making enough screenshot flight reports.  I have 34,000 thousand screenshots waiting for me to edit, research, do explanations, and of course publish!!

Regards,

Aharon

Edited by Aharon
  • Like 2

signCopy.jpg

Nice pictures--not much info:

Which Sim?

Available now?

or is it  WLYKSTIFW 

["We'll-let-you-know-some-time-in-the-future-ware?"]

If the latter, we've got more than enough of that already.

Edited by TASCHMANN

Lovely series, Aharon...!!

I've been eyeing that Flight Replicas (DC-4/C-54/Carvair) Combo...excellent package for the classic A/C enthusiasts...(and, now I know it also contains the R5D...🙂...)...