Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Fixed reduction of tree display..

Just now, Nyxx said:

Well boy you sound like you love it!!!!!

Boy? lol that really hurts.

I don't suffer too much from that LOD thing so it's more a kind of interest.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Just now, filou said:

And rusks?

What has this to do with anything?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

1 minute ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Boy? lol that really hurts.

I don't suffer too much from that LOD thing so it's more a kind of interest.

Its like an "O boy", it's an english thing not calling you a "boy" just to be clear..

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just now, Nyxx said:

Its like an "O boy", it's an english thing not calling you a "boy" just to be clear..

Too kind. Thanks.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Virtual Flight Realm said:

The "before" is very clearly not right before WU4. I'd even say this is pre WU3 with Tree Distance Mod.

From April 12th (right before WU4) to April 13th (after WU4) tree distance was not reduced but actually expanded by a small amount. Why do you spread doctored fake videos?

Edited by crimplene
  • Like 1

This isn't an issue of whether you can make out an indivisual tree 10 miles away, it is about the fact you have a dark green tree line radius that is very visible and seeing it pop in as you fly.  It is likely made more obvious with the overdone green tint on the satellite photo base.  Many areas (at least in US) have a dark green (assuming summer) canopy of trees as far as you can see when flying IRL.  I spent many hours in the mid-atlantic states when I did my intial flight training and many people I think would be surprised how dense the tree cover is everywhere.  In any case, I'm not sure why Asobo couldn't just add a tree LOD slider.  Seems like that would be the easiest solution and everyone can set it to whatever they think is best.

• Like 6

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I'm overnighting in Reykjavík - beautifully rendered by Baddweapon (absolutely stunning in fact); on my ferry flight from UK to Florida in the caravan.

https://flightsim.to/file/848/iceland-overhaul

Hired a C172 to go sight-seeing after arriving earlier today. But there ain't no trees so hard to judge how things are. The landscape is incredible.

iceland2.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, eriktu - thats's pretty much the same shot (I think you're a little further forward and to the right) - impressive scenery.

Unfortunately, time is pressing and I'll be taking off early morning (For me - that means at the Crack Of Noon) for Greenland. But certainly I'll take a look at that link. Thanks.

However, a couple of beers later, and well away from the airport, after checking in to the hotel, and out and about on the streets of this beautiful city - tonight is about Lobster!

iceland4.jpg

An amazing place and I shall visit here for real one day. . .

iceland5.jpg

iceland6.jpg

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

2 hours ago, crimplene said:

No, it has not. Stop spreading absurdities. With WU4 the tree draw distance is obviously higher that in the launch version from August 2020....

Please stop repeating alternative facts.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

38 minutes ago, crimplene said:

Wow, this looks really great. I suppose I am going to Iceland from Glasgow tomorrow.

One Tip - don't drink the Brennivin. It's going to delay my departure by at least a day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brennivín

The weather's disgusting from Glasgow to Iceland at the moment. Fly that (LIVE) and you won't have to show your bravery in any other way.

I flew from Vagar to BIRK today in the C208MOD and spent three hours watching the whisky compass jumping about all over the place and getting airsick and seeing only grey nothing out the windows of the office. Never been so glad to be a child of the Magenta Line; because there was one, on the MFD.

Flew the VOR for 31 and finally saw the rabbits at about 100 yards out. PAPI's were all white. Side-slipped it because I knew the opportunity would not be repeated. VIS was maybe, 100 yards? Felt like less.

Sorry I didn't get a Pic to prove it - I was proper busy.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

Whether you can see a tree in real life from your real world cockpit at 8,000 feet, or you can't, or Asobo did something worse than the alpha, or the release version.  Or whether this mod works, or doesn't, or should never have worked, whether it has or hasn't, or should be downgraded for the Xbox release is all a moot point.

Between the near horizon and the far horizon, there is an ugly, slightly blurry mess of terrain devoid of trees that is terrible to look at, especially in 2021, and especially if you've spent a lot of money on a rig to get the best quality you can from this flight sim..  And that's what people are raging about, and why this thread already has 16 pages.

Edited by Langeveldt
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 4