Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Fixed reduction of tree display..

2 hours ago, crimplene said:

The "before" is very clearly not right before WU4. I'd even say this is pre WU3 with Tree Distance Mod.

From April 12th (right before WU4) to April 13th (after WU4) tree distance was not reduced but actually expanded by a small amount. Why do you spread doctored fake videos?

Why you denied evidence of downgrade ???

2 hours ago, Flic1 said:

This isn't an issue of whether you can make out an indivisual tree 10 miles away, it is about the fact you have a dark green tree line radius that is very visible and seeing it pop in as you fly.  It is likely made more obvious with the overdone green tint on the satellite photo base.  Many areas (at least in US) have a dark green (assuming summer) canopy of trees as far as you can see when flying IRL.  I spent many hours in the mid-atlantic states when I did my intial flight training and many people I think would be surprised how dense the tree cover is everywhere.  In any case, I'm not sure why Asobo couldn't just add a tree LOD slider.  Seems like that would be the easiest solution and everyone can set it to whatever they think is best.

Exactly this.  You might not see a single person from 3 miles away but you can make out a crowd or gathering of people. It is the collective effect that is missing (forests if you like).  And it is obvious anyway because you can see the cut off tree line in the distance.

More troubling to me is why would people come here to deny the problem, and try to belittle the people that want to discuss the issue?  Do they have shares in Asobo or maybe they are some relation to staff?  There seems to be more lately trying to close people down and stop any negative comments, whether they are valid or not. 

Thanks to Filou I have a new word for them... Ruskies!  :biggrin:

• Like 7

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

More troubling to me is why would people come here to deny the problem, and try to belittle the people that want to discuss the issue?  Do they have shares in Asobo or maybe they are some relation to staff? 

They probably staggered in here after being keyboard warriors over at  Facebook. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Exactly this.  You might not see a single person from 3 miles away but you can make out a crowd or gathering of people. It is the collective effect that is missing (forests if you like).  And it is obvious anyway because you can see the cut off tree line in the distance.

More troubling to me is why would people come here to deny the problem, and try to belittle the people that want to discuss the issue?  Do they have shares in Asobo or maybe they are some relation to staff?  There seems to be more lately trying to close people down and stop any negative comments, whether they are valid or not. 

Thanks to Filou I have a new word for them... Ruskies!  :biggrin:

Umm, yes, agreed. That's the case bobcat.

We've always had haters are going to hate but we now seem to have "Love is Blind".

We've got a bunch of (new to the sim) posters just saying; "You're wrong - it's perfect."

When it so ain't.

Things to think about. . . 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Virtual Flight Realm said:

Why you denied evidence of downgrade ???

You claimed that World Update 4 reduced tree distance. It didn't. Nobody denies that tree draw distance could be better. Of course it could.

• Like 1

since Im here, let me just say this:

it appears to me (with test settings - LODs 200, trees and textures Ultra, AF 16x, render scaling 160),  the tree draw distance in photogrametry is about 10nm while in autogen areas its only about 5nm.

The trees in PG come in in blocks while autogen trees fade in with most distant trees being extremely sparse.  I don't know why there are these differences but its what Ive noticed.  I don't like that distant sparse tree thing.  It doesnt look good anywhere to me - especially on hillcrests.

What I think they need are objects that resemble many  trees (like Orbx did) so they can cover more ground with less computing power.  The autogen regions need something.  Its said that LOD 400 works again -- havent tried it myself.

Edited by sightseer
  • Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

After two update they succeeded in completely removing the charm of MSFS + World update France/Benelux.I had no pleasure in discovering. And on top of that they are going to sell us a new ultra light plane to take advantage of this lifeless horizon at low altitude. A rocket would have been more suitable. The "level" is so much impressive that I have trouble understanding the purpose of the project,Yet I have a solid head but it's getting ridiculous.

I just flight around frankfurt countryside. It was disgusting to see. I shouldn't have gone fly.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

From what I have heard, the tree distance should be drawn further out the closer to the equator you fly, I have not tried it myself so I do not know if it is true.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Is any of this getting discussed on the official forums because that's where the highest visibility for issues is.  I'm not seeing a vote thread anywhere with sizable numbers concerning this issue.😶

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

A wish for a Vegetation Render Distance Slider has had enough votes and is now included on the latest Top Wishes as a status of "Started". Still, keep voting and reporting to Zendesk🙂

b6745.jpg

Edited by tmpnmk
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, tmpnmk said:

A wish for the Vegetation Render Distance Slider has had enough votes and is now included on the latest Top Wishes as a status of "Started". Still, keep voting and filing to Zendesk🙂

With 432 votes, not much hope. How many thousands of copies sold? So we are hoping on “a nice to have” slider based on something like 0.0001% of users requesting it? 
Voting for stuff is such a stupid way of doing things. What happens when the Xbox brigade arrive and vote for a Donald Duck airplane and it gets 50,000 votes? 

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

With 432 votes, not much hope. How many thousands of copies sold? So we are hoping on “a nice to have” slider based on something like 0.0001% of users requesting it? 
Voting for stuff is such a stupid way of doing things. What happens when the Xbox brigade arrive and vote for a Donald Duck airplane and it gets 50,000 votes? 

We all know that if there are only a few people who complain about a product they represent a large chunk of the users who have a problem with an item.

I think voting gives Asobo an indication of what the sentiment is and the feedback snapshot is a prove of that.

I want ship wakes and gliders, that might take some time but it wont let me stay away for playing MSFS.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

13 hours ago, crimplene said:

No, it has not. Stop spreading absurdities. With WU4 the tree draw distance is obviously higher that in the launch version from August 2020. And it is not lower than before WU4.

Stop spreading fake news

Stop spreading absurdities

Stop writing nonsense

Stop this 

Stop that

Is this you Donald ? 🧐

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Stop spreading fake news

Stop spreading absurdities

Stop writing nonsense

Stop this 

Stop that

Is this you Donald ? 🧐

I might be naive but I really hope that some people understand that there is a difference between facts and fantasies. Donald most certainly does not.

Edited by crimplene

1 hour ago, crimplene said:

I might be naive but I really hope that some people understand that there is a difference between facts and fantasies. Donald most certainly does not.

And you are the judge of that ... ?

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0