Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Fixed reduction of tree display..

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

Understand first: it is NOT a common thing, although done by some devs, they all paid the price for doing so. Counting the vast numbers of AAA games in the last years where it was NOT done, your conclusion is wrong...

Well i got a different opinion on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I am extremely disappointed, this means that I still can't fly in Scandinavia without feeling bad looking out the window 😞

Exactly!! I flew in Sweden(maybe the first time ever) not long after the update that limited the tree draw distance and that's all I could think about....

I said to myself....How excellent would this look with those trees drawn out...

I really tried to think of some positive reason that feature would be limited..

It made me forget the other issues that were/are present.

Anyway, Wow....this thing can be so good, still...why on earth are they tampering with arguably, the best feature, next to the day lighting (yes, some issues)...the ground environment...not completely bug free...but..

And yes, burns me up listening to the q/a yesterday...getting closer to a year out...and hearing the "umms" and "ahhs", and "I don't undserstands", "what are you talking about"...did kinda sent me to an unhappy place. Yes, they showed the turboprop logic fixes and the side by side with the 172....But when it's released, what else will we get(bugs)??

I am not making fun of someone's english ability ....these people know what the users were asking about,.They know the issues people have experienced by them reading the forums as they say they do...NOT making fun of someone ability to speak English or comprehension.  I speak a non native language myself and I would never criticize that, because I know how it feels...just to be clear.

Apologize all..I don't know anything.  I am just trying to enjoy something I've had for years..

But when you see something that can be such a great learning, positive, entertaining tool and watching it kinda flounder around, back and forth, my patience slipped.

Big Hats off, Thank YOU to the ones who develop workarounds and sceneries, fixes for this title.  If it weren't for y'all...this thing would have crashed and burned long ago!!

Take Care, All......Ahhhhhhh, Relief 🙂

Cheers,

RB

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

That makes zero freaking sense. It’s probably just a bug.

Well I really hoped it was, but they restricted how the tree LOD fix worked in a previous update, and then they said they improved it in the new patch notes, and they have definitely made a change because now it seems the tree LOD fixes do not work at all.  They said they had pushed the tree distance out to double for trees over 20 metres (seems a bit high, as I don't see many of them), but nothing has improved visually, other than the tree mods don't seem to work at all now (they did before at least but with reduced effectiveness).

So, it could be a mistake in the code, it could be they forgot to upload the right code, or they changed the code to stop us using tree height to force the LOD.  Some of the 300 testers also seemed to imply it looked better and had been fixed, so who knows.  your guess is as good as mine I suppose, but all we know is what we see, and as far as they say, they have attended to it.

Hopefully they will reply in the official forums over the next few days.


I like to fool airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio!

Intel Core I7 8086 @ 5.1 GHz with water cooling, GTX1080Ti, 32 GB RAM @ 3600 MHz, 2 x Samsung 1 TB NVME M.2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, KJANRBeard said:

Exactly!! I flew in Sweden(maybe the first time ever) not long after the update that limited the tree draw distance and that's all I could think about....

I said to myself....How excellent would this look with those trees drawn out...

I really tried to think of some positive reason that feature would be limited..

It made me forget the other issues that were/are present.

Anyway, Wow....this thing can be so good, still...why on earth are they tampering with arguably, the best feature, next to the day lighting (yes, some issues)...the ground environment...not completely bug free...but..

And yes, burns me up listening to the q/a yesterday...getting closer to a year out...and hearing the "umms" and "ahhs", and "I don't undserstands", "what are you talking about"...did kinda sent me to an unhappy place. Yes, they showed the turboprop logic fixes and the side by side with the 172....But when it's released, what else will we get(bugs)??

I am not making fun of someone's english ability ....these people know what the users were asking about,.They know the issues people have experienced by them reading the forums as they say they do...NOT making fun of someone ability to speak English or comprehension.  I speak a non native language myself and I would never criticize that, because I know how it feels...just to be clear.

Apologize all..I don't know anything.  I am just trying to enjoy something I've had for years..

But when you see something that can be such a great learning, positive, entertaining tool and watching it kinda flounder around, back and forth, my patience slipped.

Big Hats off, Thank YOU to the ones who develop workarounds and sceneries, fixes for this title.  If it weren't for y'all...this thing would have crashed and burned long ago!!

Take Care, All......Ahhhhhhh, Relief 🙂

Cheers,

RB

 

4 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Well I really hoped it was, but they restricted how the tree LOD fix worked in a previous update, and then they said they improved it in the new patch notes, and they have definitely made a change because now it seems the tree LOD fixes do not work at all.  They said they had pushed the tree distance out to double for trees over 20 metres (seems a bit high, as I don't see many of them), but nothing has improved visually, other than the tree mods don't seem to work at all now (they did before at least but with reduced effectiveness).

So, it could be a mistake in the code, it could be they forgot to upload the right code, or they changed the code to stop us using tree height to force the LOD.  Some of the 300 testers also seemed to imply it looked better and had been fixed, so who knows.  your guess is as good as mine I suppose, but all we know is what we see, and as far as they say, they have attended to it.

Hopefully they will reply in the official forums over the next few days.

You have described the situation well and understand like me the big disappointment. I won't give up and I will use all my means to make it happen

  • Like 1

I7 4790K / GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 / KINGSTON 24GB RAM DDR3 1866Hz CL9 HyperX / CORSAIR HYDRO H60 / SSD CRUCIAL M500 480BG / GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Well I really hoped it was, but they restricted how the tree LOD fix worked in a previous update, and then they said they improved it in the new patch notes, and they have definitely made a change because now it seems the tree LOD fixes do not work at all.  They said they had pushed the tree distance out to double for trees over 20 metres (seems a bit high, as I don't see many of them), but nothing has improved visually, other than the tree mods don't seem to work at all now (they did before at least but with reduced effectiveness).

So, it could be a mistake in the code, it could be they forgot to upload the right code, or they changed the code to stop us using tree height to force the LOD.  Some of the 300 testers also seemed to imply it looked better and had been fixed, so who knows.  your guess is as good as mine I suppose, but all we know is what we see, and as far as they say, they have attended to it.

Hopefully they will reply in the official forums over the next few days.

It just beggars belief this tree stuff.

I did not care about anything in the update apart from performance and the trees. All the rest is just added content....the core of the sim is performance and its looks. We hhad the tress out so far it looked amazing and we had no performance hit. Smooth as silk sim.

No we have stutters and a circle around us where its lifless.

Luckerly am enjoying flying at 1,500-2,500 ft in my FG-1D at 280KTS and using my eye balls for nav around the UK. Stunning still but.....come on!

  • Like 1

David Murden.  MSFS • M20 JF PA-28R  CJ4WT  CRJ700 • Milviz FG-1D  FI Spitfire   DCS  F-14A/B  F-16C  F/A-18C 

10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E  32GB DDR4 CL14 3200MHz RTX 3080  Corsair iCUE H150i Pro XT 360mm 

Corsair HX850i Platinum Plus 2x 1TB Samsung EVO Plus M.2  Phanteks Enthoo Evolo X Case  Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & TPR 

                             TrackIR • Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • Internet BT 75 Mbps Unlimited • Flight siming since 1993 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This feels like the opposite of No Mans Sky (for any people that play other titles here)

In that a much hyped title pretty much did what it said on the tin, and slowly gets pulled back, dumbed down and morphed for everyone until they slowly go back to other titles.   The total opposite of what happened with No Man's sky, a much hyped title that gave very little on release and has painstakingly been turned into something of quality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rene_Feijen said:

I want better textures on the toilets inside the airport buildings. And I want to see them from 20 miles away when I zoom in.

well obviously, without this the sim will be shelved.

  • Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

It just beggars belief this tree stuff.

I did not care about anything in the update apart from performance and the trees. All the rest is just added content....the core of the sim is performance and its looks. We hhad the tress out so far it looked amazing and we had no performance hit. Smooth as silk sim.

No we have stutters and a circle around us where its lifless.

Luckerly am enjoying flying at 1,500-2,500 ft in my FG-1D at 280KTS and using my eye balls for nav around the UK. Stunning still but.....come on!

That's it. Exactly this.

 

Except Spitfire. 😁

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

Intel Devil's Canyon 4790K@4.6, EVGA 1080 Ti Gaming OC, 16 GB 2300Mhz and a bunch of SSD's to run it all. And wings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Almost all of which are in the sim now.

his point is they showed something that was not available to us at the time of release.  false advertising.  yes, they added the advertised water masks later but that doesnt cover up the fact it wasnt there when it should have been.  they did it with water masks, whats to stop them from doing it with other features?

Edited by Brandon01110

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TrafficPilot said:

This is mad. So there are too many trees where there shouldn't be any (deserts, in the water at beaches etc the top of a mountain where trees could not physically grow) and not enough trees where they should be.

Does the "tree" setting on the graphics settings page adjust the tree resolution quality or does it just adjust the amount of trees? Or both? Any idea? I hadn't really noticed any issues with the trees until I saw it mentioned in the release notes for this update.

It would have been nice if MS had coded a "mask" to prevent trees spawning above a certain altitude in certain areas (and on the waterline at sea level).


I flew over Cherburg and surrounding areas today, and I'm also seeing trees in the water. I am using a tree mod, so it could be that one messing up I guess. 

Edited by Republic3D

R9 5900X | RTX 3090 | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a wonderful video from YouTube but it shows that on flat ground and by taking screenshots that the radius of the trees is so small.When you fly with an airliner it's not too embarrassing but for the rest...

 

LyTBsgS.jpg

 

g7Idp9B.jpg

 

6AlFErB.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I7 4790K / GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 / KINGSTON 24GB RAM DDR3 1866Hz CL9 HyperX / CORSAIR HYDRO H60 / SSD CRUCIAL M500 480BG / GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

This feels like the opposite of No Mans Sky (for any people that play other titles here)

In that a much hyped title pretty much did what it said on the tin, and slowly gets pulled back, dumbed down and morphed for everyone until they slowly go back to other titles.   The total opposite of what happened with No Man's sky, a much hyped title that gave very little on release and has painstakingly been turned into something of quality. 

But it took years for NMS to grow. And so i still believe in MSFS and the Devs and that things will come to a good end at some point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The next world update will apparently be the Nordic countries, then they have to fix this issue, because the problem is so obvious in that part of the world that themself can't miss it.

  • Like 6

| I9 10900K | 32Gb 3200MHz | RTX 2080 Ti | 1TB M.2 SSD | BenQ EX3501R | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Bravo Throttle | TM Warthog Hotas | VKB-SIM T-Rudder Pedals |

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I did not care about anything in the update apart from performance and the trees. All the rest is just added conten

That's exactly where i am at as well. I presently only care about the LOD and tree draw distance and regaining the sim performance pre WU3. Everything else i could care less at this point.

At this rate i just check to see what they did after i install the update. If its not to my liking i finish the flight and get on to something else. This sim was pretty word not allowed decent on release. and tolerable up to WU3 (UK). All they needed to do was focus on the "sim aspect", get the fundamentals of flight properly integrated and stabilize the platform.. You could forgive their scenery focus if they didn't introduce a whole slew of issues with every update.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800xt Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Viotek 3440x1440p Freesync / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

that themself can't miss it.

Im willing to beat that they can miss it 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    48%
    $12,180.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...