Sign in to follow this  
skipph

Have You Seen This ?

Saw this today on You Tube and gave it a try with good results in the war on FPS. Short video that makes a lot of sense.        

Edited by skipph
  • Like 2

Yeah, looks good. Thanks for the heads up.

Next time I update my drivers I will do it like that.

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

Thanks for the tip. Just reinstalled 465.89 using this method. We'll see what sort of affect it has on things.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Unless there's a complete failure of a new Nvidia driver installation, the methods shown in the video are completely unnecessary now.

Simply download the new driver package and once open, select "Custom (Advanced)" under "Installation options". On the next page, check only the "Graphics Driver" and "Perform a clean installation" boxes as shown below:

perform-clean-installation-2.png

Never had a problem with a bad install and never have more than four Nvidia processes running in the background.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Unless there's a complete failure of a new Nvidia driver installation, the methods shown in the video are completely unnecessary now.

Simply download the new driver package and once open, select "Custom (Advanced)" under "Installation options". On the next page, check only the "Graphics Driver" and "Perform a clean installation" boxes as shown below:

perform-clean-installation-2.png

Never had a problem with a bad install and never have more than four Nvidia processes running in the background.

This!

DDU hasn't been necessary for a very long time now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

3 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

This!

DDU hasn't been necessary for a very long time now.

nope, you will still have to DDU, the NVidia clean install will not delete any of the prior full package items or services.  I just did this twice on my system and confirmed.  Once I followed the fully video, it indeed was fully deleted and reinstalled driver only as shown.  I suggest to anyone who has installed the Nvidia full experience to do all the steps shown in this vid if you want to try this system tweak.

• Upvote 2

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

9 hours ago, F737NG said:

Simply download the new driver package and once open, select "Custom (Advanced)" under "Installation options". On the next page, check only the "Graphics Driver" and "Perform a clean installation" boxes

This just resets all settings to default, it has nothing to do with the installation of driver components.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

7 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

nope, you will still have to DDU, the NVidia clean install will not delete any of the prior full package items or services.  I just did this twice on my system and confirmed.  Once I followed the fully video, it indeed was fully deleted and reinstalled driver only as shown.  I suggest to anyone who has installed the Nvidia full experience to do all the steps shown in this vid if you want to try this system tweak.

2 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

This just resets all settings to default, it has nothing to do with the installation of driver components.

Again, totally unnecessary to install two additional non-Nvidia programs (DDU and NVCleanstall) to achieve what is already available.

Uninstall as shown here:
https://youtu.be/MxbeKHh47EM?t=23

Re-install as per my earlier post in this thread.
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/598922-have-you-seen-this/?do=findComment&comment=4517546

That's it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

Again, totally unnecessary to install two additional non-Nvidia programs (DDU and NVCleanstall) to achieve what is already available.

Uninstall as shown here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/598922-have-you-seen-this/?do=findComment&comment=4517546

That's it.

Did you at least watch the whole video? I too have used clean and custom install before, but never did I get to decide what parts of the driver I would  download and load.. 

• Upvote 1

I am going to check this out today.  Yesterday I implemented the Lasso/core program to gain some fps, it definitely helped with stutters in large cities with a net fps gain.

In my experience I've found DDU to be barely worth the time using it in recent years, 5+years ago it had more of an effect but not now.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

4 minutes ago, MarcG said:

In my experience I've found DDU to be barely worth the time using it in recent years, 5+years ago it had more of an effect but not now.

DDU is just part of the process.

Only use DDU when required i.e when the driver is totally borked. You certainly don’t want to be doing every update! 

Previous DDU versions have been a real headache and caused me to have to re-install windows. This was a while ago, but it’s just worth the risk. 

IMO

Bully. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

8 hours ago, F737NG said:

Uninstall as shown here:

That's it.

Interesting, installed the Experience package and noted the files that were installed and running via TCP and correlated them with CC cleaner, 22 discreet components installed.  Then ran the uninstall via windows and rechecked via CC search, 7 discreet components remained.  I believe that DDU is needed to remove the remainder.  Could be just my system though.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K