Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

WU4: Terrible stutters (multiplayer related?)

Just tried to do a group flight in south america (the great south america bushtrip for anyone interested), and we noticed that we had terrible stutters/freezes every second. When turning multiplayer offline, or changing servers (the period when the other traffic hasnt spawned in yet), and the stutters dissapeared. We had to call it, the sim is unflyable at the moment. Perhaps Asobo/MS can tweak something at their end, if not this will need an emergency hotfix. 

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

As a follow up note: I had my community folder completely empty, flying the c208 default. Others were flying the modded version of the 208. Everyone had these stutters, except for the people who for some reason didnt have any traffic at all. They were butter smooth. I used dev mode to swap airplanes to the 172, and it didnt help any. Also tried to fly in other parts of the world, but there werent any traffic there, so the stutters were gone as well. As several airplane congregate at the same space, the stutters begin. We were around 15 airplanes at the time. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes
  • Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

Same here, turning off online traffic and weather cured the stutters. Next flight I could turn them both back on and still no stutters... hope it stays like this.

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

same here with all on except photogrammetry. will try now again with real-time online traffic off

Edit 1: already smoother with all aircrafr traffic off (both realtime and AI)

Edit 2: stutters gone with multiplayer off. still the circle bottom rights shows way more often than usually (noticed) but it was almost constantly on when using aircraft traffic and multiplayer. 

will check my server, should be europe which worked flawless before, no idea whether the patch and/or WU4 and/or other background improvements cause these stutters

Edited by DAD
  • Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, DAD said:

same here with all on except photogrammetry. will try now again with real-time online traffic off

Edit 1: already smoother with all aircrafr traffic off (both realtime and AI)

Edit 2: stutters gone with multiplayer off. still the circle bottom rights shows way more often than usually (noticed) but it was almost constantly on when using aircraft traffic and multiplayer. 

will check my server, should be europe which worked flawless before, no idea whether the patch and/or WU4 and/or other background improvements cause these stutters

We tried south east asia, west eu and east usa, and none of them removed the stutters in the group flight. I also fly with photogrammetry off (rest is basically set to ultra. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

16 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

(the great south america bushtrip for anyone interested)

Which one is that? The Patagonia bush trip that comes with MSFS doesn't use the C208, so I suppose it's a different one... Can I download it somewhere?

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Massive stutters here since WU4... jeez... i cannot believe this.Off to learn DCS until this sim has some stability.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

It really seems that multiplayer is the culprit. just started EDDM to LOWI in the default MS neo and had a slide show stuttering down RWY26L, terrible. Disabled MP and all fine now, climbing towards RTT

Edit connected to West EUR server @ 22ms 

Edit 2: perfect flight, will leave MP off until MS found a solution; but will need to change back to FBW modded neo, can hardly fly the default neo, already too spoiled 🙂

Edited by DAD
  • Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

Massive stutters here since WU4... jeez... i cannot believe this.Off to learn DCS until this sim has some stability.

turn MP off and report back please whether that cures your performance issues like it did for me, I just zendesked it to MS as well

Edit: see also and vote here https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/extreme-stutters-and-freezes-during-approach-after-wu4/390623/45

Edited by DAD
  • Like 1

Phil Leaven

14 minutes ago, DAD said:

turn MP off and report back please whether that cures your performance issues like it did for me, I just zendesked it to MS as well

Edit: see also https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/extreme-stutters-and-freezes-during-approach-after-wu4/390623/45

Just getting sick and tired of having to sort issues with their software which already has cost a small fortune... only to have to constantly chase and fault find in order to play the sim everytime they update it. The word not allowed thing was pretty stable once again after their last hotfix, now it looks like a 1920's movie, with frame.... Pause... frame .... pause...

I'll try your suggestion, but if that fails they can stick this sim where the sun don't shine...I think 7 months of patience is pretty tolerant.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

2 minutes ago, Car147 said:

like a 1920's movie, with frame.... Pause... frame .... pause...

same here with MP on, now all fine and veeery smooth with MP off even in the FBW experimental neo which is known to be more demanding than eg the default neo

Phil Leaven

4 hours ago, Car147 said:

One more here. Same problem. I am flying in VR which was pretty decent before on my 2070S, but now with STOP -GO -STOP -GO at 1 sec intervals it is utterly unuseable. Turning off Multiplyer might have solved or lightened the problem somewhat.. I'm still experimenting with settings.

Voted for the issue over at FS forum.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SimFx said:

One more here. Same problem. I am flying in VR which was pretty decent before on my 2070S, but now with STOP -GO -STOP -GO at 1 sec intervals it is utterly unuseable. Turning off Multiplyer might have solved or lightened the problem somewhat.. I'm still experimenting with settings.

Voted for the issue over at FS forum.

I even dropped my Gpu's settings to the lowest possible... guess what? Still stuttering. Now this is on a the following system that was working perfectly after the hot fix  till  yesterdays update, on a  PC with the following spec

AMD Ryzen7 3800x, 32gb ram, MSi X570 Pro M/Board, Radeon RX5700XT 8Gb gpu (1080P). 70mbps fibre, coming in at 70mbps.

11 minutes ago, Car147 said:

guess what? Still stuttering.

even with MP disabled, possibly even AI traffic disabled? Works like a charme for me, miss MP and some traffic around me but for the time being I am good to go fly until MS found a fix

Phil Leaven

I‘m having 1 frame per second (no exaggeration) in Nice, also in the menu. Paris, Corsica and Mt Blanc were good. It‘s a shame really because with live weather Nice looks stunning at the moment. 

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2