Sign in to follow this  
rwilsonlj

After update, items in commty folder show uninstalled

I have only the AFC Bridge and Navigraph data in the community folder (not linked) and MSFS shows them uninstalled and I cannot make them install. Have not seen this before. Any ideas?

YEP! Another epic FU. Now every community add-on have a not installed label. Way to go ASOBO!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 minutes ago, DJJose said:

YEP! Another epic FU. Now every community add-on have a not installed label. Way to go ASOBO!

Even though they showed as not installed add ons do work.  To me it's a minor issue

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

My addons seem to work okay. Not going to lose sleep over this one.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

What caused me to notice this was that the G1000 was not working in the Turbo Bonanza and subsequent troubleshooting. I then concluded that the addons do indeed function. I filed a Zendesk issue with MS.

23 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Even though they showed as not installed add ons do work.  To me it's a minor issue

Maybe so, but now when I go into options to change from ultra to high settings, the mixture and prop are pulled back in the Mooney. LOL

I'm so glad that I have an option.

Clicking on several third party airports causes a CTD for me. Loads of ones I've made and a few others too. 

Recompiling with the new SDK does nothing. 

I certainly hope someone comes up with a solution for that or much of it is going to be junk. There's nothing I did at my end and I've no idea what I can do either. 

The WT G1000 is not working for me. I use it in C172S and C182T. PFD works but MFD will not work.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Thank goodness it's not just me ,

I've spent the last hour or so uninstalling an reinstalling paid for airports from LVFR, Orbx FSDT and Flightbeam 

When I uninstall them they disappear from the my content list  of uninstalled items but as soon as I reinstall them the show up as uninstalled in the community folder 

I will double check but i don't think they are showing up in the sim either when i try the various airports

I wonder how long it will take to fix this one !!!

Pete Little

11 hours ago, DJJose said:

Ai the things some people complain about! Your community mods will still work. Surely this is a minor issue that is far from an epic failure. Screaming at Asobo in capital letters is not going to do you any good - rather thank them for the regular free updates that you get. 

• Like 2

Technically that is correct they are not installed by Content Manager.

In the past 3PD purchases and freeware never showed up in the Content Manager at all.   Which meant that there was a very real risk you might re-purchase on the marketplace an addon you already owned.

This is progress in a half baked not quite working yet fashion. The fact that it should say "Installed in Community Folder" is a minor issue really.  At least it now lists them, whereas they never showed up at all before this patch.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Riaan77077 said:

Ai the things some people complain about! Your community mods will still work. Surely this is a minor issue that is far from an epic failure. Screaming at Asobo in capital letters is not going to do you any good - rather thank them for the regular free updates that you get. 

What version of MSFS did you buy?

How many add-ons have you purchased for MSFS?

How many free mods have you downloaded?

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

What version of MSFS did you buy?

How many add-ons have you purchased for MSFS?

How many free mods have you downloaded?

Why do any of these questions matter?

There is a well recognized bug in the Content listing..it will get fixed.. end of story 🙂

• Like 6

Bert

I thought it was strange and mildly annoying, but it didn’t impact my enjoyment of the actual sim.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU