Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Are all default planes bad ?

I think I have heard that. At least they are not as good as payware plane right ? I am thinking about all versions. For now I have the standard version through Game Pass for PC. But I will not continue using Game Pass so when purchasing it there is no good reason to buy a version above standard if the extra planes are no good.
Not directly related to good or bad but I think still important at least for me. In the standard version most planes are glass cockpit which I don't like. First I have the impression that they hit performance more than analog gauges. Also a little bit difficult to read at least in VR which I use now.
How are the planes in deluxe and premium deluxe in this regard. Which are analog types ?

1 minute ago, jfri said:

I think I have heard that. At least they are not as good as payware plane right ? I am thinking about all versions. For now I have the standard version through Game Pass for PC. But I will not continue using Game Pass so when purchasing it there is no good reason to buy a version above standard if the extra planes are no good.
Not directly related to good or bad but I think still important at least for me. In the standard version most planes are glass cockpit which I don't like. First I have the impression that they hit performance more than analog gauges. Also a little bit difficult to read at least in VR which I use now.
How are the planes in deluxe and premium deluxe in this regard. Which are analog types ?

The Cessna 172 classic with steam gauges is one of my favorites.

• Like 8

Buy the CRJ 700 from Aerosoft, then you have a excellent and smooth plane for MSFS.

Peter

Edited by PeterKoller

Windows 11 / MSFS from MS-Store and EFB2 from Aivlasoft

All three default heavy tubers are garbage.....

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Yes they are all bad. Flight models of most of them are worse than GTA 5 and takes a lot of tinkering to get them to a semi-acceptable state. Most Instruments and automation are horrible and completely wrong. In comparison the default aircraft in DCS World and XP11 are excellent. In MSFS 2020 The only way you can have a point A to B flight reliably is if you hand-fly the plane, and this is valid for not only the default but the third parties as well. The only decent aircraft in MSFS 2020 that I'll feel a bit more comfortable with flying realistically following realistic procedures in VATSIM, Pilotedge etc is the CJ4 with Navigraph and Working TItle's mod.

Edited by EvidencePlz

2 hours ago, Simjockey said:

I love the TBM930, certainly better than some payware I've invested in!

Is that a default plane ? If so in which version and is analog ?

2 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

The Cessna 172 classic with steam gauges is one of my favorites.

If I want to fly a C172 I have the C172+REP in XP11. How does it compare to that ? Also in which version do you get this plane ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jfri said:

If I want to fly a C172 I have the C172+REP in XP11. How does it compare to that ? Also in which version do you get this plane ?

This videos shows you what is in each package, planes and airports! It also shows the instruments in the right side smaller video panels. You might have to pause it to look closely! Also, depending on what you like, you might want to download some mods. It's your sim, so up to you! I had REP for a few aircraft in XP-11 but can't remember all of it's features? Depending on what you want, for instance MSFS has Checklist that help you start the default planes, etc... you can either follow it and flip switches or let it do it for you.

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

C172 and c152 are pretty good

• Like 5

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

3 hours ago, jfri said:

so when purchasing it there is no good reason to buy a version above standard if the extra planes are no good.

If you ever want to upgrade the versions it's expensive if I remember correctly. However if you only want the Standard Version and ONLY plan on adding 3rd party stuff down the road, and NEVER want the other packages, then no big deal. I think it is still the same pricing, for the sim upgrade versions, and such?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

3 hours ago, jfri said:

I think I have heard that there is NO default aircraft in ANY platform which is great. Some platforms however, have some good to excellent mods to default aircraft. XPLane11 has their default 737 updated by Zibo to excellent payware quality. MSFS has the TBM930, the Bonanza g36, the Airbus 320 the Citation CJ4, the Cessna 152 and maybe some others, all modded substantially and FREE..  I think all the other platforms have relied on payware and to my knowledge no default aircraft in those platforms have been either upgraded nor modded.

I am not really sure, as I have the premium deluxe version, but I believe all the MSFS aircraft listed above are on the standard version. 

All of the aircrafted listed in MSFS mods are well up to payware quality, all free, and the only problem at this time is the Asobo/MSFS updates which tend to "kill" the mods until upgraded by the modding Devs.  Fortunately, they never seem to tire of the Asobo antics and fix their problems in a very timely manner.

In many ways we are truly blessed with this platform whilst at the same time having to suffer the assaults of the MSFS/Asobo team, who went to a great deal of trouble to recruit some 300 beta testers (devoted to updates only I believe) and then go to even more extreme measures to apparently ignore any or all of their inputs.

Very sad, but at the end of the day, we still have a great platform.

Regards

Tony 

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Not all default planes are bad.  The ones with community mods to fix them are pretty good! 

• Like 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I have many hours in real life in Cessna's and the 172 and 152 are pretty good. 

• Like 6

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, jfri said:

If I want to fly a C172 I have the C172+REP in XP11. How does it compare to that ?

Same here. I have REP for many aircraft in XP11 and not just Cessnas. Any plane with REP becomes study-level. None of the default or any third party payware aircraft released so far for MSFS 2020 is REP-like or study level. With REP, aircraft almost becomes a living, breaking machine, almost like real aircraft in the real world where you have to treat them gently and carefully or face consequences,, whereas all aircraft (default or payware) in MSFS feel like toys for kids in comparison. Be it flight model or systems, everything feels extremely arcadey, video-game-like in MSFS 2020.