Sign in to follow this  
109Sqn

France/Benelux Update Sale items - what do you recommend?

With each World Update, we get a Marketplace sale of country-specific items. With the understanding that there may be better discounts at the developers' own sites over the next few days, if not immediately, what do you recommend to enhance the update (or to avoid at all costs!)?

As ever, one question will be whether the Orbx City Pack (for Paris in this case) is worthwhile now, and there is also the Prealsoft Paris Landmarks to consider.

The Bleriot will be recommended, no doubt, but challenging compared to a modern aircraft of course.

Thoughts?

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

The question on the ORBX City pack pack was already put forward on their forum. The tentative answer was they would suggest deactivating it until there will be an upgrade available which should include a version for Photogrammetry users and another one for those not using Photogrammetry, similarly as they handled London.

The final answer was reserved until release of the World Update.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

There is so much to see for free, I won't be buying anything for a long time. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, pmb said:

The question on the ORBX City pack pack was already put forward on their forum. The tentative answer was they would suggest deactivating it until there will be an upgrade available

Thank you. Having had a brief fly around the city, I'm not sure that there's much need for an add-on pack. What I paid attention to (Eiffel Tower, La Defense, Arc de Triomphe etc) looked perfectly good to me. I'm not going to be spending hours buzzing round the buildings, I just need landmarks to make a city look like the real thing from the sky, and to help with navigation. The default Paris seems to do that fine.

It may be the airports that are a better bet to upgrade.

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

6 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Thank you. Having had a brief fly around the city, I'm not sure that there's much need for an add-on pack. What I paid attention to (Eiffel Tower, La Defense, Arc de Triomphe etc) looked perfectly good to me. I'm not going to be spending hours buzzing round the buildings, I just need landmarks to make a city look like the real thing from the sky, and to help with navigation. The default Paris seems to do that fine.

It may be the airports that are a better bet to upgrade.

From a short first look, I tend to agree. Let's see what ORBX will have to say. And of course the situation may well repeat, e.g. with the Sydney City pack, if Asobo/MS decide do overhaul Australia.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

10 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

As ever, one question will be whether the Orbx City Pack (for Paris in this case) is worthwhile now, and there is also the Prealsoft Paris Landmarks to consider.

At the very least, these payware addons have a good chance of actually working< provided of course, that you do NOT update LOL

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.