Sign in to follow this  
JustanotherPilot

Kaspersky breaks 1.15.7.0 update

Kaspersky considers the latest update has  this- ("PDM:Exploit.Win32.Generic.nblk;Terminated;PDM:Exploit.Win32.Generic.nblk;Trojan;High;Exactly;flightsimulator.exe;flightsimulator.exe"). The warning appears shortly after start screens appears then FS2020 loading terminates. A warning Kaspersky window will open asking to disinfect then reboot to complete. DO NOT DO THIS, your flightsimulater.exe file and registry values will be deleted, necessitating a FS2020 reinstall. A workaround if you get the message is to restart your computer WITHOUT disinfecting by Kaspersky. Once your PC has started, disable Kaspersky, then FS2020 should start, keeping in mind your PC no longer has Kaspersky protection. Some Kaspersky users have been able to add the .exe to the exclusions, but most have had no success (myself included)

MS Zendesk and Kaspersky are aware of the issue, with numerous FS2020 users reporting it, but no fix available yet because  1.15.7.0 relatively short release time.

FYI.

• Like 1

steve southey

2 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Kaspersky considers the latest update has  this-

Who pray tell is still using cumbersome payware AV?  Windows Defender and perhaps Malware Bytes (for ransomware, etc.) is a great protection cocktail! 

• Like 9

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Who pray tell is still using cumbersome payware AV?  Windows Defender and perhaps Malware Bytes (for ransomware, etc.) is a great protection cocktail! 

Not really helpful? I use it as do many other ppl. Trolling

9 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Kaspersky considers the latest update has  this- ("PDM:Exploit.Win32.Generic.nblk;Terminated;PDM:Exploit.Win32.Generic.nblk;Trojan;High;Exactly;flightsimulator.exe;flightsimulator.exe"). The warning appears shortly after start screens appears then FS2020 loading terminates. A warning Kaspersky window will open asking to disinfect then reboot to complete. DO NOT DO THIS, your flightsimulater.exe file and registry values will be deleted, necessitating a FS2020 reinstall. A workaround if you get the message is to restart your computer WITHOUT disinfecting by Kaspersky. Once your PC has started, disable Kaspersky, then FS2020 should start, keeping in mind your PC no longer has Kaspersky protection. Some Kaspersky users have been able to add the .exe to the exclusions, but most have had no success (myself included)

MS Zendesk and Kaspersky are aware of the issue, with numerous FS2020 users reporting it, but no fix available yet because  1.15.7.0 relatively short release time.

FYI.

I've uninstalled it because if you exclude the exe it finds something else in Win32, Exclude that it deletes simconnect next. Hopefully the definitions are updated soon. We had a similar issue last year and Kaspersky fixed it within 8 hrs.

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

Kaspersky find Trojan in MSFS  and instead recommens to install Il2 Sturmovik! LOL On serious note  this AV is a big pain in the butt. Long time ago we used it at my work and remember nothing but trouble. We happily uninstalled  it!

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, JustanotherPilot said:

FYI.

Open exclusions and add this info
File or folder \?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolume10\FlightSimulator.exe
Object PDM:Exploit.Win32.Generic.nblk

All components

Fixed for me

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

Windows Defender offers just as much protection as Kaspersky or any of the 3rd party AVs.  There is no reason to clog up your PC with any 3rd party stuff these days.

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-10/february-2021/microsoft-defender-4.18-211115/

• Like 5

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Instead of exclude certain files, I would include the whole FS2020 folder in the exclusion list.

Edited by Oliver Ooi

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

100% agree with you on that. Snake oil. Rather tie a rabbits foot to your mouse. At least that won’t slow your PC down or try to delete your legitimate files.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, Oliver Ooi said:

Instead of exclude certain files, I would include the whole FS2020 folder in the exclusion list.

Tried that but it failed. I had already started with exclusions on all the appdata folders and where i have MSFS placed.  Anyway i fixed my issue. Back to flying.

tpewpb-6.png

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

Windows Defender offers just as much protection as Kaspersky or any of the 3rd party AVs.  There is no reason to clog up your PC with any 3rd party stuff these days.

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-10/february-2021/microsoft-defender-4.18-211115/

Don't think this thread is about whether people need AV or not?

tpewpb-6.png

4 minutes ago, RW1 said:

Don't think this thread is about whether people need AV or not?

I didn't say anyone should go without AV.  I said that the AV Windows comes with for free (which doesn't break MSFS) is just as good as any 3rd party AV, such that there is no reason to run resource-hogging 3rd party AV anymore.  This has been demonstrated through independent testing since before Windows 10 even came out.

So if the Exceptions in Kaspersky aren't working, just uninstall it and turn on Windows Defender, problem solved.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

I didn't say anyone should go without AV.  I said that the AV Windows comes with for free (which doesn't break MSFS) is just as good as any 3rd party AV, such that there is no reason to run resource-hogging 3rd party AV anymore.  This has been demonstrated through independent testing since before Windows 10 even came out.

So if the Exceptions in Kaspersky aren't working, just uninstall it and turn on Windows Defender, problem solved.

Again this thread is about the MSFS and Kaspersky AV. Most comments here are pointing out the obvious and providing useless information irrelevant to the problem.

tpewpb-6.png

Just now, RW1 said:

Again this thread is about the MSFS and Kaspersky AV. Most comments here are pointing out the obvious and providing useless information irrelevant to the problem.

I provided a solution and independent test data to back it up.  Last I checked you're not a moderator, thanks.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, marsman2020 said:

I provided a solution and independent test data to back it up.  Last I checked you're not a moderator, thanks.

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

14 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

4 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

I see nothing here that is a solution(Other than my own) for fixing the problem which is! Kaspersky breaks 1.15.7.0 update! What you and others have provided is opinions and links on other unrelated topics.

tpewpb-6.png

32 minutes ago, RW1 said:

I see nothing here that is a solution(Other than my own) for fixing the problem which is! Kaspersky breaks 1.15.7.0 update! What you and others have provided is opinions and links on other unrelated topics.

If you insist on using Kaspersky, there is only one solution. You need to report the false positive to Kaspersky directly. This is not Asobo’s problem.Kaspersky’s ‘engine’ is wrongly identifying Asobo files as infected. Only Kaspersky can fix this.

Just know this - if Kaspersky does take it upon itself to clean your sim of infected files, you will be looking down the barrel of a 120GB reinstall.

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Upvote 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor