Sign in to follow this  
kt069

A320NX FBW Standalone Version Seems To Be Broken

Dev Mod (Standalone) seems to be broken for me.It is causing CTD when the sim is loading (before the UI) Is there anyone facing this?

Is there an update from FBW ? Thanks.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

51 minutes ago, kt069 said:

Is there an update from FBW ?

Posted yesterday on their Discord (as well as social media):

Hey everyone,
We have been testing World Update 4 on our end for about a week and have concluded that no compatibility fixes need to be made. You can continue enjoying the existing supported versions without issues. However, certain known issues on the MSFS side are already reported:
- Instruments may break if you let the pre-flight cinematic with the "FLY" button play all the way through
- Most addons which use standalone modules like YourControls, MobiFlight or FSUIPC will cause CTDs Safe skies!

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

2 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Posted yesterday on their Discord (as well as social media):

Hey everyone,
We have been testing World Update 4 on our end for about a week and have concluded that no compatibility fixes need to be made. You can continue enjoying the existing supported versions without issues. However, certain known issues on the MSFS side are already reported:
- Instruments may break if you let the pre-flight cinematic with the "FLY" button play all the way through
- Most addons which use standalone modules like YourControls, MobiFlight or FSUIPC will cause CTDs Safe skies!

Thanks for the info. Does "latest supported version" mean the stable version 0.5.4 ?

Because FBW Standalone version is unable to load and causes CTD during initial sim loading. Thanks.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

6 minutes ago, kt069 said:

Does "latest supported version" mean the stable version 0.5.4 ?

Possibly, but I'm using the Experimental version and it loads with no problems.

• Like 3

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Latest development (standalone) version working OK here, no issues during 2 hr flight.

• Like 1

I have just flown from Berlin to Heathrow. Apart from the usual 'stop/go' approach to the airport (EGLL) there were no problems. A good flight.

Remove any liveries for the standalone 320 first to see if that works. That was my crashing problem with Dev/Exp versions.

• Like 1

i9-13900K / DDR5 / 4090

6 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

Possibly, but I'm using the Experimental version and it loads with no problems.

same here with default livery, no probs. even better; deleting waypoints / DIR TO finally updates the plan on the MFD, no more "old" waypoints/lines. could be a 1.15.7 improvement though

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

5 minutes ago, DAD said:

deleting waypoints / DIR TO finally updates the plan on the MFD, no more "old" waypoints/lines. could be a 1.15.7 improvement though

That was working fine for me before the update, so it was something on FBW’s end that they fixed recently.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Latest Dev version is still not working for me. Maybe it is related wtih the liveries, as stated above. I will check it , again later.

1 hour ago, kt069 said:

Latest Dev version is still not working for me. Maybe it is related wtih the liveries, as stated above. I will check it , again later.

Definitely a good idea, I had one livery that caused a CTD. Use the FBW or the Airbus factory livery to make sure that nothing else is the cause.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

I updated the sim today couple of hours ago.. CTD, then I started it again and CTD before Start screen. I read here that the dev version is the problem and I deleted the one I had and its add-on liveries.

New install of the dev mode and FBW livery. Everything went smooth ( LFMN-LFBO) until above Marseille the ap lost its focus and began steep turning.. that was it.

Petteri

Edited by petepawn

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU, Finland

9 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Definitely a good idea, I had one livery that caused a CTD. Use the FBW or the Airbus factory livery to make sure that nothing else is the cause.

I just checked it and the reason for CTD is the additional liveries. FBW Dev (Standalone) worked with default livery.  FYI...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kt069 said:

FBW Standalone version is unable to load and causes CTD during initial sim loading.

I had 24 FBW liveries and regularly had loading CTD until I screened each livery and removed four. I don't have any problems anymore with the remaining 20. So I would recommend doing the same with your liveries, test them one by one when loading your sim. One of them even had the batteries stuck on 0.0 V! (Air France Metz).

• Like 2