Sign in to follow this  
Richard Jacks

wings gusts/turbulence in msfs live weather

17 hours ago, F737NG said:

I have to question why this demand for more.

Because what turbulence there is is overdone, but there are areas with less turbulence than there should be. Even in America. I've flown props through what in real life is a supercell thunderstorm associated with a tornado vortex signature, putting my plane right where the rotation is, and then I flew out the other side. In real life, such a storm would in all likelihood rip the plane apart. 

And I don't know why some of you keep harping on American simmers (by which I assume it is meant the United States) as though America has unique turbulence physics not found anywhere else. We're really only special when it comes to severe weather - we get more severe thunderstorms and tornadoes than the rest of the planet as a result of our particular geography. But terrain-related turbulence in the Rocky Mountains works on the same principle as terrain-related turbulence in the Alps. And I suspect pilots who regularly fly in to Gibraltar would take issue with the idea that turbulence is rare outside of the US.

It's not that it's an "American" turbulence model, it's that the turbulence isn't right yet, which over-magnifies what minor turbulence *feels* like while underrepresenting turbulence where it should be heavier. The weather system is relying on less than stellar data in the first place, and then it's obvious they're trying to ape the *feeling* of turbulence with camera moves and haven't gotten it right yet. 

Edited by eslader