Sign in to follow this  
ACSoft

Mandatory update, please stop that !

They are absolutely no valid reasons to impose us to update to the last version. I urge you TO STOP this in the future.

I buyed this application and want to have the freedom to adopt or not your new versions. Moreover, your upgrade process is just a big mess ! You are directed to a page where you have ton's of choices and when you select the link to the product, you come to a page where you just can do nothing. To download the new version, I had to go to my shop transaction history page and link from there, to a download page. Something which is not really intuitive, I must say. Maybe I am stupid, but it took me more than 15 minutes of searches, to finally find the solution. Then after, you have to reconfigure the tool, because you are not even able to keep the user setups and all this for what ? Just 2 or 3 ridiculous minor changes and no correction of the other problems we signaled to you.

In the change log you say that hotkeys are no longer bound to MSFS stock events. Fortunately THIS IS WRONG, because your new binding system is just a bad joke ! It DO NOT ALLOW to choose any of the keyboard keys, just a poor pulldown list, with just the alphabet in capital letter. Apparently, no way to combine keys with shift or control keys, or use like me, some well placed special characters keys.

Not having the possibility to went back on previous version, if I hadn't been able to continue using the keys I'm now very used to, I would have asked for an immediate refund and desinstalled this application forever, because I start to be really fed up with your product and your lack of professionalism.

• Like 1

We've been using the same update system for years and years.  I'm sorry you found it difficult.

1. Login to your account.

2. Redownload and Re-install.

It takes 20 seconds.

I'm sorry about making updates mandatory, but you can blame the pirates for that.

And we need everyone on the same 'page' or support becomes very  hard.

We'll be expanding the key assignments menu.

Best,

11 hours ago, byork said:

We've been using the same update system for years and years.  I'm sorry you found it difficult.

1. Login to your account.

2. Redownload and Re-install.

It takes 20 seconds.

I'm sorry about making updates mandatory, but you can blame the pirates for that.

And we need everyone on the same 'page' or support becomes very  hard.

We'll be expanding the key assignments menu.

Best,

Using the same update system for years and years does not mean your system is good !!!

It take 20 seconds, when you know/remember what to do, otherwise it is everything but not straight forward. I have ton's of other applications who warn you that an update is available and simply ask if we want to update. If you answer yes, then the update is made automatically, without affecting your settings.

No, I won't blame pirates but YOU ! I don't care you need everyone on the same 'page', what I care, is to be able to decide if I will update or not. I am the customer and I consider this is my elementary right.

For sure, I am not going to buy anymore any of your products.

Cheers.

I get you are frustrated but,

1) I have no issue with the update system and I'm sure if lots of people did there would be hundreds of complaints but there's not.

2) Pirates are a big issue, anything that can stop it is a good thing, also you going what I care about is very selfish, the program is made for thousands of customers, not just you and 99% do not complain, and the fact you can't see this and still choose to blame the developer shows you probably have some issues 

3) I could name you quite a lot of flight sim companies that will ask if you are on the latest version before offering a inch of help, it's impossible to offer support on every update version possible, as the developer will only run the latest version on his system. Plus is it that inconceivable that actually an update may be important as it could fix issues in a previous version

4) You've attack FS2Crew for a lack of proffessionlism, yet they have done nothing wrong? Again I've used FS2Crew for years will no issues, if fact if anyone is being unprofessional it's you, you have basically created a post ranting and raving (by capitalising certain words and using aggressive punctuation) instead of writing a more polite post enquiring why FS2Crew have decided on mandatory updates which you would have got a more than sufficient answer, I would put money on you getting injured if you took this tone with someone in person but as it's the internet it's 'ok' to act like that

5) You say the updates only fix minor things and they don't listen to the community, this is wrong, take the Flight Crew A320, when development started they would have decided to base in on a certain SOP, in this case the Airbus SOP, as the FBW in very much a developmental aircraft things get added all the time, so FS2Crew have to update the Flight Crew A320 to reflect the changes made, also they do listen to the community, on April 7th someone said they don't like the transparent option, the 11th April gives an option to toggle between the transparent and non-transparent option, ergo, FS2Crew listen to the community.

I purchased Flight Crew A320 from PC Aviator on the first day it was available. Unfortunately the update is not available for download on their site yet so my Airbus has been grounded for almost a week. I understand the issue with piracy but It would be nice not to have mandatory updates. Perhaps a grace period before the update becomes mandatory.

Richard

15 hours ago, rwalls said:

I purchased Flight Crew A320 from PC Aviator on the first day it was available. Unfortunately the update is not available for download on their site yet so my Airbus has been grounded for almost a week. I understand the issue with piracy but It would be nice not to have mandatory updates. Perhaps a grace period before the update becomes mandatory.

Richard

We usually give 3rd party resellers a few days before activating the version number change.

Simmarket we can upload updates instantly (we have direct control over the updates through their wonderful vendor system).

Aerosoft is usually pretty quick.

PC Aviator... We try to hurry them along 😉

Maybe time for a new update system since you have been using it so long.  Software is a WANT not a NEED and companies that make things difficult make me think twice on how great that want is.  I usually decide not that great when I this has happened once.

Harry Woodrow

28 minutes ago, harrry said:

Maybe time for a new update system since you have been using it so long.  Software is a WANT not a NEED and companies that make things difficult make me think twice on how great that want is.  I usually decide not that great when I this has happened once.

Hi Harry,

We're keeping the system because it's very simple and it works.

Login to wherever you bought FS2Crew, re-download and re-install.

I don't know how we can make that any easier 😉

Some people might say "Make automatic updates"...  we've seen other other companies try that... in our view they're just headaches waiting to happen.  And often they'll still want you to do a complete fresh download and re-install anyway for certain updates.

Thanks Bryan, usually I purchase directly from the FS2Crew site but I think there was some MSFS promotion going on.

Richard