Sign in to follow this  
af1134

Baie de somme - Trailer vs reality in MFS

Hello,

Could you please check on your sim the difference you have between this place in the trailer and in reality after update. I am very far of what they show in the trailer 1:35

Thanks for reply

Franck

spacer.png

Yes, I can confirm - as of 14/ April post Update 1.15.7.0 - it looks bloody awful - just like the rest of the Sim.

Flat and Dead are the two words that come to mind.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

I'm usually a big old MSFS apologist, but what is with this water masks thing? They forgot to put the tree LOD fix in the update -- ok, that happens. But they keep putting these water masks in their trailers and then leaving them out of the releases? They've been called on it repeatedly. Seriously?

James

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, honanhal said:

I'm usually a big old MSFS apologist, but what is with this water masks thing? They forgot to put the tree LOD fix in the update -- ok, that happens. But they keep putting these water masks in their trailers and then leaving them out of the releases? They've been called on it repeatedly. Seriously?

James

They are confusing themselves with their promotional builds vs what they give us customers🤣

• Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Could they be running a scenery mod for that area? I didn't see any boats or anything there.

10 hours ago, dobee51 said:

Could they be running a scenery mod for that area? I didn't see any boats or anything there.

Nah, just false advertising as usual.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

What I really do not get is why they continue to release those trailers, as it was a discussion some weeks ago, even in the Q&A. And even if some naive folks still think otherwise, it IS false advertising when there is no disclaimer right below or even in the video stating that the visuals do not represent the final product you can currently buy. It would be so simple, just add a small text into the video declaring the facts and everybody would be OK, but no, nothing, they still give the impression that what you see in those trailers is the actual product...

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

the trailer shows how its going to be at the end of 10 years.  so be patients guys..hahaha funny.

but yes , my trust in them is waning too.

• Like 1

The relevant point in Contract law as any first year law student will point out,  it is whether the misrepresentation is "mere puffery" that is clearly not meant to be taken as a true representation of the product (claims like - this soap makes your washing 'whiter than white"  - for example) or is misleading the potential purchaser.  The seminal case in Contract law is Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Company [1892] .

It is worth noting that in a lot of games in the past,  the trailers are cinematic cut scenes and not actual game play at all. At least the trailers appear to be some form of game play in the game itself,  just not we are getting as users. That is not necessarily an excuse though.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

The only solution is to send a report to Zendesk it is in my favorites ...

On each flight if I encounter a problem I send a theft report = D but to Zendesk ... Hoping that it works.

The last one is on the dune du pilat I had a square with an ultra low resolution I was at FL360 so photo and Zendesk report

23 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

The only solution is to send a report to Zendesk it is in my favorites ...

I doubt they even read the reports.

I and other users have sent one about this and despite two updates of the Alaska bush trip the situation is still the same. It seems they can't even bother to add some wind to improve these reflections on the water.

2LRXnif.jpg

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

2 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It is worth noting that in a lot of games in the past,  the trailers are cinematic cut scenes and not actual game play at all. At least the trailers appear to be some form of game play in the game itself,  just not we are getting as users. That is not necessarily an excuse though.

To be fair, most game developers already learned their lesson a long time ago and most of those trailers have at least a clear cut disclaimer telling the audience that this is not "actual gameplay footage", "gameplay footage of an alpha build" or something similar. The absence of such a disclaimer is what makes those trailers from MS/Asobo clear cut false advertisment in my eyes, but then...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

The water mask is missing indeed, I posted this comparison in my own thread a couple of days ago.

Somme.jpg

In the official forums, Taleboules is saying that he checked with the team, and that the mask will be added in another update.

Checked with the team. The Baie de Somme’s water masks will be added in an upcoming update.
Thank you for your understanding.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/baie-de-somme-trailer-vs-reality-in-mfs/391372/24

Whether that's going to be a hotfix, or Sim Update 4/World Update 5 in June, remains to be seen.

Game studios will never learn. False advertising again

Lukas Dalton