Sign in to follow this  
Roman Design

CYOW Ottawa International Airport is available

Saw something strange today in CYOW. At Gate 30 there is a truck with an orange canopy above the driver's cab. The truck moves very very slowly (slower than a man walking) and if you have 30 minutes to spare, you can watch it moves straight out (heading of about 140) across the ramp, the grass and onto runway 07/25 where it stays for quite a while 😞

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

I am getting duplicate taxiways signs as well Roman. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Just bought it, and it works amazingly. I don't have that double taxiway sign issue the others are mentioning.

6 hours ago, NBouc said:

At Gate 30 there is a truck with an orange canopy above the driver's cab. The truck moves very very slowly (slower than a man walking) and if you have 30 minutes to spare, you can watch it moves straight out (heading of about 140) across the ramp, the grass and onto runway 07/25 where it stays for quite a

This behavior can be seen in "simobjects". I don't think I have a truck like that there. But MSFS spawns them at gates at random instead of planes. Nothing can be done about that. They behave in a weird way. I have a couple of white trucks with orange flashing light on top, those are normally stationary, but who knows...

3 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I am getting duplicate taxiways signs as well Roman. 

I'm releasing the update that hopefully fixes this for whoever experienced it.

On the subject of bugs and quirks:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Out of 61 people who bought and installed the scenery in 3 days since release, there were 2 people who experienced CTDs and contacted me. Suspecting a conflict from another scenery, I advised them to remove everything but my CYOW from their Community folder for testing - and that has cured the problem in both cases. Then, bringing scenery one by one, as I recommended, one of the two have found the offending scenery and sent me the info.

It appears that there are 3 bridges in Montreal from flightsim.to that cause the sim to CTD in CYOW.

Jacques Cartier Bridge, Montreal
Samuel De Champlain bridge, Montreal
Pont Victoria bridge, Montreal

The comments on all 3 sceneries indicate that these bridges can cause CTD’s anyway without YOW being installed, so the issue is not with my scenery but with some others that are causing CTDs. If you have other addons based on Google photogrammetry data – those would be suspect too. Google photogrammetry imports have a lot of vertices, and I mean a lot. If not heavily optimized and made with LODs they can overwhelm the sim easily and cause unpredictable issues like CTDs. Add my scenery or any other detailed scenery on top of those in the area and you have a recipe for CTD.

So if you encounter these issues - with my or other scenery, consider removing all Google data based sceneries as the prime suspects. It may save you a lot of grieve and time...

Edited by Roman Design

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

The main terminal and parts of the gate parking seems to be on a higher elevation than the rest of the airport. Is this a bug or intentional?

MzyyDx3.png

d5clCq5.png

Edited by Tuskin38

I just released an update that should fix duplicated taxiway signs for whoever experienced it. Tell me if it does. Also it has the new bridge (yay! - although taxi carefully, it's still bumpy, I'm working on it), Express Air hangar, first version of the white OFC hangar (yay!), a government building of some kind, and 3 advertising billboard (see if you can spot an Easter egg) along with some YOW streetlamps.

More updates are coming soon...

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

The main terminal and parts of the gate parking seems to be on a higher elevation than the rest of the airport. Is this a bug or intentional?

As a single building, it has to use a polygon that flattens terrain under it to look nice. As surrounding terrain are a bit bumpy, parts of it may be slightly lower. It should be on the level on average.

Well, to get up to the parking line at the gate I had to use a bit more power than usual on the (FBW A320) because of the incline.

8 hours ago, Roman Design said:

It appears that there are 3 bridges in Montreal from flightsim.to that cause the sim to CTD in CYOW.

Jacques Cartier Bridge, Montreal
Samuel De Champlain bridge, Montreal
Pont Victoria bridge, Montreal

Though I didn’t have ctd’s using your scenery I can confirm that these bridges previously caused CTD’s on their own. Too bad as they do look nice.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

That was kinda cool, I was exploring the airport with the freecam, and a Live Traffic FedEx flight spawned in the FirstAir Hangar, made for a nice screenshot

1250410_20210417114030_1.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 10:57 AM, Roman Design said:

Greetings, fellow flight simmers!

I’m excited to announce the release of Roman Design CYOW Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport for MSFS!

Did you remember to NOT OMIT the ILS Frequencies all default airports display in the G3000 MFD>Waypoint Info>Airport>Freq?  This is a fabulous feature MS/Asobo includes in all airports and yet 3 of the 4 addon airports I purchased omittted this.  If you didn't include this, no interest in the rest of the handiwork.  I really like that feature!  FSDreamTeam managed to learn about this and not omit this in their CYVR offering, however both FlightBeam and Orbx did not.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

That was kinda cool, I was exploring the airport with the freecam, and a Live Traffic FedEx flight spawned in the FirstAir Hangar, made for a nice screenshot

Nice! What's this stairs vehicle? I've never seen it before. Is it an addon or replacement for defaults?

7 minutes ago, Noel said:

Did you remember to NOT OMIT the ILS Frequencies all default airports display in the G3000 MFD>Waypoint Info>Airport>Freq?  This is a fabulous feature MS/Asobo includes in all airports and yet 3 of the 4 addon airports I purchased omittted this.  If you didn't include this, no interest in the rest of the handiwork.  I really like that feature!  FSDreamTeam managed to learn about this and not omit this in their CYVR offering, however both FlightBeam and Orbx did not.

Here's my "DeleteAirport" tag:

<DeleteAirport deleteAllApproaches="FALSE" deleteAllApronLights="FALSE" deleteAllAprons="TRUE" deleteAllFrequencies="TRUE" deleteAllHelipads="FALSE" deleteAllRunways="TRUE" deleteAllStarts="TRUE" deleteAllTaxiways="TRUE" deleteAllBlastFences="FALSE" deleteAllBoundaryFences="FALSE" deleteAllJetways="TRUE" deleteAllControlTowers="FALSE" deleteAllDepartures="FALSE" deleteAllArrivals="FALSE" deleteAllPaintedElements="TRUE" deleteAllLightSupports="FALSE" deleteAllTaxiwaySigns="TRUE" deleteAllILSs="FALSE" deleteAllTerminalWaypoints="FALSE" deleteAllTerminalNDBs="FALSE"/>

If I understand you correctly, you can see that both default ILS and Arrivals/Departures are NOT deleted. To tell you the truth, this is the first time I hear about that issue, but why would I remove ILS if they work OK?

21 minutes ago, Roman Design said:

this is the first time I hear about that issue, but why would I remove ILS if they work OK?

Not surprised as other developers have ignored this issue as well presumably because they didn't read the fine print which apparently FSDreamTeam did.  Read this thread I started at Orbx:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/200707-ksba-ils-freq-for-07-is-missing-from-the-mfd-freq-section-in-tbm930g3000-avionics/?do=findComment&comment=1715387

Also more here after they sort of responded:   https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/205774-have-you-made-sure-w-msfs-airports-include-the-display-of-ils-frequencies-in-waypoint-info-airport-frequecies/?do=findComment&comment=1749817

Read Umberto's comments linked in 2nd thread--he is the one developer who did not leave this very nice feature out:  https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/589749-clarification-on-ils-issues-at-addon-airports/?do=findComment&comment=4411144

I tried my best to get this to each developer and also to Asobo in the hopes they might point this out. Instead, droves of new airports in the marketplace and I won't spend a nickel on an airport unless they did not remove this very nice feature that all default airport enjoy.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

@Roman Design we just download the full installer for the updates?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

2 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

@Roman Design we just download the full installer for the updates?

Yes, every update is a full package, that's the way Scenery Editor works. Just unzip to Community folder, there is no installer.