Sign in to follow this  
Roman Design

CYOW Ottawa International Airport is available

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

Not surprised as other developers have ignored this issue as well presumably because they didn't read the fine print which apparently FSDreamTeam did.  Read this thread I started at Orbx:

I'm still a bit confused about it: is it enough to NOT delete default ILS with the flag as I posted? If so, we're golden. Or is anything else I need to do? I haven't modified default ILS or approaches, so if anything is wrong there, it's a MSFS bug. Hopefully it works OK. If you buy my airport, please test this issue and let me know!

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

7 minutes ago, Roman Design said:

I'm still a bit confused about it: is it enough to NOT delete default ILS with the flag as I posted? If so, we're golden. Or is anything else I need to do? I haven't modified default ILS or approaches, so if anything is wrong there, it's a MSFS bug. Hopefully it works OK. If you buy my airport, please test this issue and let me know!

Very easy:  load up the TBM930 at any airport, in the MFD chose Waypoint Info, enter your CYOW, choose the Freq tab, and note if they correctly appear where they should.  If you don't know what I'm talking about read the first linked thread and you will see with in a couple of posts what I'm talking about.  I would never buy your airport until this is proven to work as all default airports work in this regard!

I'll add, the usual reply from those who either don't know how nice this works, is 'just look up the ILS Freq and enter it manually...'   I really appreciate Asobo thought this thru and lets you access the ILS freq within the MFD, then load and activate it automatically.  You have to appreciate the default airports are already so decent there is no excuse to BUY one that leaves this out because they think it doesn't matter!

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

12 minutes ago, Noel said:

[...]

I would never buy your airport until this is proven to work as all default airports work in this regard!

I'll add, the usual reply from those who either don't know how nice this works, is 'just look up the ILS Freq and enter it manually...'   I really appreciate Asobo thought this thru and lets you access the ILS freq within the MFD, then load and activate it automatically.  You have to appreciate the default airports are already so decent there is no excuse to BUY one that leaves this out because they think it doesn't matter!

What a cantankerous take over the auto-tuning of ILS frequencies.

It's your choice not to buy any product that doesn't meet your requirements, but 3 posts in an hour all stating that 'you won't buy unless...' is an entitled attitude to take.

@Roman Design
very nice looking scenery. I'll pick it up soon, and other Canadian sceneries of interest to me whenever they become available.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

23 minutes ago, Noel said:

Very easy:  load up the TBM930 at any airport, in the MFD chose Waypoint Info, enter your CYOW, choose the Freq tab, and note if they correctly appear where they should.  If you don't know what I'm talking about read the first linked thread and you will see with in a couple of posts what I'm talking about.  I would never buy your airport until this is proven to work as all default airports work in this regard!

Look, I have not removed default ILS frequencies or approaches as proven by my XML tag I quoted. Lashing out on me for doing something that I didn't do (and you do not even own the scenery, so you're assuming)  is frankly, bizarre. More so, insisting that you refuse to buy until I verify something, 3 times in an hour.

Features that are not explicitly deleted by a custom airport are carried over. If anything happens to them in MSFS regardless, it's clearly an MSFS bug, not mine. I understand that you don't like MSFS bugs, neither do I, but bombing the topic with "I won't buy" messages is not really polite. Nobody is forcing you to buy, it's purely your choice. Again, I've done it by the book, this has nothing to do with what I've done or didn't do, as I haven't touched or erased the defaults.

If there is a specific workaround for this bug (if it's even present in my scenery) you have not pointed it out to me. There are 3 huge topics of arguments and replies - I'm not sure what exactly I should learn there. Lashing out like that on developers that don't do anything wrong is bizarre... Now if there is a specific MSFS bug, and there is a specific MSFS workaround, I appreciate polite and precise pointers and I will try to implement it. But so far it looks like a purely MSFS bug. Default ILSs and approaches are active and if TBM doesn't see them - I suggest you file a bug with MSFS. If I learn something new I will update here.

• Like 2

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]

On the subject of bugs: both users that had CTDs have fixed that the problem with the steps I described above. So the problem is not with my scenery but with some specific Google-derived free sceneries that can cause CTDs by their own, and on my CYOW as well.

5 minutes ago, Roman Design said:

Look, I have not removed default ILS frequencies or approaches as proven by my XML tag I quoted. Lashing out on me for doing something that I didn't do (and you do not even own the scenery, so you're assuming)  is frankly, bizarre.

OMG, lashing out at you?!  Oh well, good luck.  And you're welcome.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

15 minutes ago, Roman Design said:

Now if there is a specific MSFS bug, and there is a specific MSFS workaround, I appreciate polite and precise pointers and I will try to implement it. But so far it looks like a purely MSFS bug. Default ILSs and approaches are active and if TBM doesn't see them - I suggest you file a bug with MSFS. If I learn something new I will update here.

You didn't read a thing did you?  I gave you ample information if you cared, FSDreamTeam did, and took the time to comment on it.  Bye Bye

Noel

15 minutes ago, Noel said:

OMG, lashing out at you?!  Oh well, good luck.  And you're welcome.

If you meet me in person, let's say introduced by a friend, would you talk to me in that tone, repeating "I refuse to buy unless you do this and that!" three times and accusing me that I "leave this out because I think it doesn't matter". Now, do YOU think this is a polite conversation? Honestly? If I allowed myself to talk to someone like that, I would feel I need to apologize for my manners.

That said, if there is an issue, and there is a way to fix/workaround the MSFS bug of not carrying over the database that was not deleted in the scenery, I will look into that and fix that if I can.

Honestly, how can you seriously feel that I MUST read something like 15 pages of internet arguments on a Saturday morning and MUST report to you within an hour with the fix? Are you real? Note that I haven't refused to do anything or to look into the issue. You went in, accused me of things, virtually screamed at me that "you refused to buy" and slammed the door. I think you need to work on your manners.

Edited by Roman Design
  • Like 5

Roman, you have nothing to fix or workaround.

Perhaps if Noel had simply asked anyone who has already purchased your fine airport to check on what he appears to be extremely concerned about, he might have received a quick and polite response.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

36 minutes ago, JimBrown said:

Roman, you have nothing to fix or workaround.

Perhaps if Noel had simply asked anyone who has already purchased your fine airport to check on what he appears to be extremely concerned about, he might have received a quick and polite response.

...jim

Fair enough Jim.  I've spent so much time on this in contacting Asobo w/ a zendesk ticket, Orbx, LVFR and the MSFS forum that my irritation that this continues to be ignored bled thru sorry about that.

Can anyone please check and see if the ILS Freq appear in the MFD>Waypoint Info>Airport>Freq table, as they do in all default airports?

Thanks

Noel

33 minutes ago, Noel said:

Can anyone please check and see if the ILS Freq appear in the MFD>Waypoint Info>Airport>Freq table, as they do in all default airports?

They do.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

5 minutes ago, JimBrown said:

They do.

...jim

Great, thanks.  This may mean something Asobo did fixed this such that airports after the fix will migrate that data over unlike 3 of the 4 airports I purchased.

Edited by Noel

Noel

1 hour ago, JimBrown said:

They do.

...jim

Not wanting to contradict you, but on my sim they don't 😞

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Great, thanks.  This may mean something Asobo did fixed this such that airports after the fix will migrate that data over unlike 3 of the 4 airports I purchased.

Noel, I checked with and without my Navigraph subscription active and only the COMM frequencies are listed, not the ILS ones. I tested with the latest CYOW v1.1 update issued today.

I can understand that this is important to you, if you don't have easy access to approach plates, but for me, having a Navigraph subscription, I never check the ILS frequencies in this manner since I always display the Navigraph charts to have the full information regarding any approach.

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

14 hours ago, Roman Design said:

I just released an update that should fix duplicated taxiway signs for whoever experienced it. Tell me if it does. Also it has the new bridge (yay! - although taxi carefully, it's still bumpy, I'm working on it), Express Air hangar, first version of the white OFC hangar (yay!), a government building of some kind, and 3 advertising billboard (see if you can spot an Easter egg) along with some YOW streetlamps.

More updates are coming soon...

Eureka! Double taxiway signs are gone !! Thank you.

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

27 minutes ago, NBouc said:

Noel, I checked with and without my Navigraph subscription active and only the COMM frequencies are listed, not the ILS ones. I tested with the latest CYOW v1.1 update issued today.

Did you scroll down the list of frequencies?

...jim