Sign in to follow this  
Roman Design

CYOW Ottawa International Airport is available

Thank you BG for taking a moment to absorb the larger context.  The first post was bait of sorts, so was anything but tactful, which as I say as more or less failed on all other attempts at getting attention!

Adieu to you as well.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

@Noel It's actually funny how, despite how four people in this topic trying to tell you that your posts come off as condescending and aggressive, you literally say that it is MY problem perceiving your words as such , demonstrating aggressive language once again in that very sentence and not noticing or caring. Seriously, I just had a laugh. I don't see the point of escalating the conflict or further explanations though, this is pointless.

I suggest everyone discuss the actual scenery here. Let's just let it go and keep the tone positive. This topic is a good feedback channel, let's try to keep it that way.

• Like 4

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

46 minutes ago, Roman Design said:

@Noel It's actually funny how, despite how four people in this topic trying to tell you that your posts come off as condescending and aggressive, you literally say that it is MY problem perceiving your words as such , demonstrating aggressive language once again in that very sentence and not noticing or caring. Seriously, I just had a laugh. I don't see the point of escalating the conflict or further explanations though, this is pointless.

I suggest everyone discuss the actual scenery here. Let's just let it go and keep the tone positive. This topic is a good feedback channel, let's try to keep it that way.

Best Wishes.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Roman Design said:

I agree..! and thank you Roman for the excellent  work .

Bought the airport on the weekend-stunning as always, Roman!

Alienware m15 R7: Intel Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, nVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 Home.

MacBook Air: M1, 2020 (7-core GPU), 8GB unified memory, macOS Ventura

iMac: mid-2017, Core i5 3GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 555 2GB, macOS Ventura.

Sims: MSFS, X-Plane 10, 11 & 12.

Thanks guys! A small update on the ILS isue: 

It is there. ILS is missing from TBM freqs screen. Initially I excluded and redefined the runways and didn't exclude ILS, which is supposed to work. Then, trying this workaround, I got the default ILS XML definition and added it to my XML, redefining them like this. However the problem is still there, the freqs screen in TBM doesn't list those.

<Ils lon="-75.64169" lat="45.32659" alt="112.776" frequency="109.500" magvar="13.600" range="50017.000" backCourse="TRUE" heading="70.996" width="4.4" ident="IOW" name="ILS RW07">
			<GlideSlope lon="-75.66687" lat="45.31388" alt="112.776" range="50017.000" pitch="3.000" />
		</Ils>
		<Ils lon="-75.69139" lat="45.3297" alt="111.861" frequency="110.300" magvar="13.600" range="50017.000" backCourse="TRUE" heading="319.984" width="3.7" ident="IRP" name="ILS RW32">
			<GlideSlope lon="-75.65884" lat="45.31116" alt="111.861" range="50017.000" pitch="3.000" />
		</Ils>

My airport definition looks like this:

<DeleteAirport deleteAllApproaches="TRUE" deleteAllApronLights="FALSE" deleteAllAprons="TRUE" deleteAllArrivals="TRUE" deleteAllBlastFences="FALSE" deleteAllBoundaryFences="FALSE" deleteAllControlTowers="TRUE" deleteAllDepartures="TRUE" deleteAllFrequencies="TRUE" deleteAllHelipads="FALSE" deleteAllILSs="TRUE" deleteAllJetways="TRUE" deleteAllLightSupports="FALSE" deleteAllPaintedElements="TRUE" deleteAllRunways="TRUE" deleteAllStarts="TRUE" deleteAllTaxiways="TRUE" deleteAllTaxiwaySigns="TRUE" deleteAllTerminalNDBs="FALSE" deleteAllTerminalWaypoints="TRUE" />

Not sure what else to try, and why freqs are still missing... I deleted original runways and ILS, and redefined them from scratch, but it still doesn't work. This is a definite MSFS bug. It should have worked even without redefining ILS. I posted in developer's forum to see if anyone has an idea of a workaround. But this is definitely not any error on my part, and the issue is not documented anywhere. I'd like this to work, but there are bug in MSFS and I can't change that. Maybe is the placement in the large XML file, or some other data there that is interfering, but I can't trace that - it's a bug. Maybe redefining ILSs worked for some other developer, but so far it doesn't for me. If I find a solution I will post here. But that is definitely not what was suggested, and there is nothing wrong in my XML...

• Like 1

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]

Good airport, superb, brilliant, awesome, you'll try and fix this issue and that, is all besides the point, Roman. As a seller you can't treat a potential customer like the way you treated Noel. I haven't bought any of your airports yet but I seriously was considering getting them all as I'm just about to start exploring Canada (which is why I came to this thread) . But your exchange kind of stank of arrogance and just left a really bad taste in the mouth.

Besides as it turns out, the man was right after all. I think you owe him an apology. A little humility goes a long way in building trust with your customers, especially when you're just starting out.

And no, I don't care at all about ILS as I only fly low and slow GA. 

Edited by saifs

I'd just like to also add that it's quite refreshing seeing young and new talented developers such as yourself (Bijan and a few others as well) doing such amazing work and really coming into your own from those freeware developments days. (yes, I used and loved your Vancouver). You guys are the new blood, the next Orbxs and Aerosofts of this new and brilliantly different world of msfs. 

Take my above post as healthy criticism and keep up the great work! Hope to see loads more from you! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, saifs said:

Good airport, superb, brilliant, awesome, you'll try and fix this issue and that, is all besides the point, Roman. As a seller you can't treat a potential customer like the way you treated Noel. I haven't bought any of your airports yet but I seriously was considering getting them all as I'm just about to start exploring Canada (which is why I came to this thread) . But your exchange kind of stank of arrogance and just left a really bad taste in the mouth.

Besides as it turns out, the man was right after all. I think you owe him an apology. 

OK, I guess I will have to write about this again. I'm sorry, but what's the way "I treated Noel"? You must have missed something. He was demanding things of me, accusing me that I and others like me don't put ILS because "I don't care" when I had no idea about this bug - and didn't refuse to check the issue at all. I did say I will check into it, asked him about specific XML lines and what do I have to do - but instead of factual discussion he accused me that I haven't immediately read and digested 3 long forum topics on a Saturday morning, and preferred personal insults to polite discussion. And as you see I'm trying to find a workaround for the MSFS bug, which is not actually my responsibility at all - because I didn't do anything wrong, as other developers with this issue - it's a MSFS bug, plain and simple. Really. I did check into it. He repeated "I refuse to buy" in a threatening and aggressive tone three times in a row in three separate replies within an hour. Does that seem polite conversation to you? I did say immediately that I will check the issue, said I have no problem with factual side of what he's saying, but I only have a problem with his tone and accusations. It's possible I could have misread his tone I guess, these things happen, but about 4 people here has agreed about his aggressive tone, so nope, he was impolite. As a matter of fact I have addressed every single person who suggested a feature or noticed an issue or said anything else to me. Every single one through all channels. I solved CTD issues (due to another scenery) for 3 people. There was absolutely nothing bad I said to him, except that if I would talk to someone in person like he talked to me, I would feel I needed to to apologize. He didn't of course, but that's his choice, I'm not the one to demand anything of others - he's more into that I think 🙂

I have absolutely nothing to apologize for. I never said he's factually wrong. He actually was partially - in the fact that he accuses developers of this bug, when it's not connected to developers at all. It's an undocumented MSFS bug even according to his sources, so his accusations were comically misplaced. I was polite, and if he was not as aggressive and pushy, I would have thanked him for pointing out the issue. Instead it was personal insults from him, but hey - it's the Internet, things happen. Now, I don't even say that he owes me an apology - this is too trivial matter to demand apologies and make a large scene about it. But neither do I, as I was perfectly polite in response to his accusations. It's actually very strange that you can read my words and say about "bad treatment". I'm puzzled. Anyway, please let's all try to discuss the scenery issues here, not personal issues. 

As for the bug - if there is a workaround I can implement, I will. But I actually did everything that is supposedly a workaround, and it did not fix the problem. I defined runways, and redefined ILS, and freqs are still not there. It's a MSFS bug, not my scenery. I posted in Asobo's closed developer forum, let's see if they can respond.

Edited by Roman Design
  • Like 2

Ok Roman. Like I said in my 2nd post, hope you do well and all the best for the future. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, saifs said:

Ok Roman. Like I said in my 2nd post, hope you do well and all the best for the future. 

Thank you, sincerely. And I'm actually very responsive to healthy criticism, as long as it's polite - many of the update features are due to that. The moment someone said to me that the bridge is missing, I found a way to implement that 🙂 When someone said that default MSFS runways do not look like Canadian runways due to lack of striped markings - guess what? They now do in my scenery, due to many hours of trial and error. When someone said GA area (Ottawa Flying Club) was not detailed, I got in touch with them and three members had sent me detailed photos, some of which were done specifically at my request. So now it starting to look like the photos below. I'm actually quite humble, as I'm trying to compete with some giants - a companies that have many people working full-time for months on their sceneries. I'm trying to produce something that rivals that quality, and sometimes even surpasses it. It's not a small thing to attempt, and I have to be humble about it, considering who are the other players. 

3b160eb49ac1902df61beed50fef47d56d652d72

And I haven't forgotten about the area around it either:

Edited by Roman Design
  • Like 1

I continue to be blown away by what some people think is appropriate treatment/interactions with payware developers.  

Roman, keep doing the great things you do.

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Here's a freshly done deicing area: