Sign in to follow this  
Roman Design

CYOW Ottawa International Airport is available

I know this wasn't fun for anyone myself included, but one of the reasons I put the first link to Orbx for you was to not only describe the problem graphically but to also demonstrate the response that happened when this was very tactfully presented.  About 6 months later (14h ago!) Misha responded that he would try to fix it in a couple weeks (in the 2nd linked thread), after which I referred him to your expertise in the resolution. 

Again, thank you for your persistence despite the unpleasantness.

Cheers

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Roman I appreciate your freeware work and after this have just purchased this scenery.  Thank you for your diligence in resolving this issue, I can only hope more developers do likewise.

rna_errors = badgenes

9 hours ago, Noel said:

I know this wasn't fun for anyone myself included, but one of the reasons I put the first link to Orbx for you was to not only describe the problem graphically but to also demonstrate the response that happened when this was very tactfully presented.  About 6 months later (14h ago!) Misha responded that he would try to fix it in a couple weeks (in the 2nd linked thread), after which I referred him to your expertise in the resolution. 

Again, thank you for your persistence despite the unpleasantness.

Cheers

You're welcome. And thank you for bringing this issue to my attention, despite the unpleasantness 🙂

Everyone is better off with things working properly. Let's hope that either Asobo fixes the bug or all developers learn to work around it.

7 hours ago, badgenes said:

Roman I appreciate your freeware work and after this have just purchased this scenery.  Thank you for your diligence in resolving this issue, I can only hope more developers do likewise.

Thsnks, I truly appreciate your support!

• Like 2

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

partying_face.png?v=9 [UPDATE RELEASE v1.2] partying_face.png?v=9

I’ve just released an update, including these new features:

• Ottawa Flying Club - detailed building models, including 2 open hangars with starting points
  • “Ornge” medical hangar and area
  • Updated signs and taxiway lighting
  • Full fencing around the airport for increased realism
  • Bridge over the highway that you can taxi on (a bit bumpy, so go slow)
  • Express Air hangar
  • Updated OFC starting points, run up area
  • Deicing pad update with glowing matrix displays and 3 new buildings
  • Sander Geophysics building
  • Several other new buildings around the airport
  • 2 Spherical radar structures at the edges of the airport
  • Added ILS antenna with antenna building, DME antenna, several antenna masts
  • Redefined ILS to work with aircrafts that support automated tuning, placed ILS and DME locations precisely at their real world visual coordinates
  • Several new roadside lighted advertising billboards at their true locations (see if you can spot an Easter Egg)
  • Fixed scaling problem with the steel bird sculptures appearing too near before this update
  • Planted/extended some forest to mask unfixable ugly aerial photo edges near runway ends
  • Many additional small adjustments in object placement, aprons, painted lines, parking areas, models etc.

I’m sure I forgot something, there is too much to list. Here are some screenshots highlighting the new features:

b7ae5fb5911291020e771b33ebc4cca48f5bcb09

4b735c67e728893a68c4659934896621dee8bba5

05c535156750c38869fb32b82418de8bb460d700

c91b9bea90f55dd54c24d2a100cce270ddf1292e

cd2941bc686c3fdaa4ca8de7c0e2bc330c197f99

86949b74be74d77d0590dab063575b454a403dff

876cad8f306b6cfd360a25abda8188c0a490c098

cfb8ad085b5ed155b8ed266ce63ba3ee3d64903c59d1851b1266b5cb35bb31b1c6f86dc2068c232f

209644f2e7d9cf6b494fff0235882d45dbdfb7fe

34db0c4620b42fc1c23f4eea02a6ac1d325429a8

If you already bought this scenery on my website, then to update, log in and go to “My orders”.

Edited by Roman Design
typo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]

What I can say Amazing .!! 6 stars indeed ,you nailed it again .thank you Roman .😀

Edited by mangoo

4 hours ago, Roman Design said:

partying_face.png?v=9 [UPDATE RELEASE v1.2] partying_face.png?v=9

I’ve just released an update, including these new features:

• Ontario Flying Club - detailed building models, including 2 open hangars with starting points
  • “Ornge” medical hangar and area
  • Updated signs and taxiway lighting
  • Full fencing around the airport for increased realism
  • Bridge over the highway that you can taxi on (a bit bumpy, so go slow)
  • Express Air hangar
  • Updated OFC starting points, run up area
  • Deicing pad update with glowing matrix displays and 3 new buildings
  • Sander Geophysics building
  • Several other new buildings around the airport
  • 2 Spherical radar structures at the edges of the airport
  • Added ILS antenna with antenna building, DME antenna, several antenna masts
  • Redefined ILS to work with aircrafts that support automated tuning, placed ILS and DME locations precisely at their real world visual coordinates
  • Several new roadside lighted advertising billboards at their true locations (see if you can spot an Easter Egg)
  • Fixed scaling problem with the steel bird sculptures appearing too near before this update
  • Planted/extended some forest to mask unfixable ugly aerial photo edges near runway ends
  • Many additional small adjustments in object placement, aprons, painted lines, parking areas, models etc.

I’m sure I forgot something, there is too much to list. Here are some screenshots highlighting the new features:

OFC is the Ottawa Flying Club 🙂

So pumped you got it added!!!  My group keeps our plane in that white hangar 🙂

Thanks for this!

Les O'Reilly

I landed on Runway 32, as I was rolling on down I hit something that sent me up into the air, it was dark so I can't really say where it was on the runway, or if it was just a glitch or not with the sim. I'll try another landing tomorrow, as it's late now.

Couple images I took, unrelated to the bump.

rhGVPwk.png

34jVPZD.png

Edited by Tuskin38

6 hours ago, mangoo said:

What I can say Amazing .!! 6 stars indeed ,you nailed it again .thank you Roman .😀

Thanks!

2 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

OFC is the Ottawa Flying Club 🙂

So pumped you got it added!!!  My group keeps our plane in that white hangar 🙂

Thanks for this!

LOL, I know that of course, I was so tired finalizing and testing the update that  I made the stupid typo... 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I landed on Runway 32, as I was rolling on down I hit something that sent me up into the air

That sounds like you're suffering from a known issue that can happen in the runways in a photogrammetry areas. That's not connected to my scenery or the update actually. see this topic: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/runway-tears-terrain-issues-in-photogrammetry-areas/324479 I have one other person having this issue, and you may also have it in default CYOW. Maybe try deleting and clearing your cache, disabling photogrammetry, reloading, and then enabling it again. Sometimes MSFS has those misaligned terrain issues. See the topic.

• Upvote 1

Seeing how beautiful you did on this and your other sceneries I bet you could do WONDERS for CYQG Roman 🙂 🙂. Just sayin........

• Upvote 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

3 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

Seeing how beautiful you did on this and your other sceneries I bet you could do WONDERS for CYQG Roman 🙂 🙂. Just sayin........

I agree. There is a really good YQG On flight sim.to FYI. 

Greetings from Essex! 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I have the same problem as mentioned above with runway tearing. It did happen in the default airport so understand it’s not your scenery causing problems. 

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on solutions?

21 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I agree. There is a really good YQG On flight sim.to FYI. 

Greetings from Essex! 

AWESOME!!

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

Haven't posted in years, but speaking as a local, this scenery is VERY well done. Awesome job, glad to see Ottawa get some love.

1 hour ago, CoolDude said:

Haven't posted in years, but speaking as a local, this scenery is VERY well done. Awesome job, glad to see Ottawa get some love.

Thanks!

On 4/26/2021 at 5:06 PM, nosaj_armstrong said:

I have the same problem as mentioned above with runway tearing. It did happen in the default airport so understand it’s not your scenery causing problems. 

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on solutions?

Not that I know of. Look at the topic, watch there for any fixes reported. This can happen randomly everywhere, where the airport is in a photogrammetry region. But it only happens to some rare people. Most are just fine.

On 4/26/2021 at 9:28 AM, Daytona125 said:

Thanks. I'm taking requests and creating a list to consider when I get to that...

it was posted in a couple of Facebook groups including the OFC group and another local area flying groups :)...

Couple asked about if CYRP could be done :)....  One thing about Ottawa it is pretty small yet we have 4 really close airports with CYOW, CYRP, CYND and CYRO... Then there is Arnprior just a smidge away at 26 NM....

I loved seeing it so well done... 🙂

Les O'Reilly