Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Elevator Problem

Immediately after the latest update, all airplanes that I have flown have a severe elevator spiking problem.  At the least bit of backpressure the yoke in the simulator starts to spike 5*-10* degrees.  I've never experienced this problem before.  Landing can be a nightmare trying to get the airplane on the ground.  I have had the sensitivity set perfectly ever since the sim came out.  I've played with the sensitivity but it does nothing for the "spike" in the elevator.  Tried restarting the simulator, rebooting my computer.  Nothing that I have tried has helped.  Anyone have any ideas???  Thanks

Calibrate it in Windows and if the problem persists then experiment with your Dead Zones.

That's all I can think of at the moment as nothing in my Controller Settings seems to have been touched by the Update.

Now I have tried 4 times to get into MSFS 2020 and it has crashed 4 times in a row.   Frustrating.  The other day I had a total of 11 crashes in a row........  So tired of it taking a week to get the update straightened out then as soon as you get the sim running again to your liking here comes another update to take all the work away and start all over again....

Since the update I have had the Baron G58 'jump' vertically off the runway at around 130 kts & T/Off flap.

Jumps about 10' in the air & keeps flying.

Didn't do it when I tried zero flap.

T45

Not sure if this is still pertinent after the France/BeNeLux update but it might help.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

1 hour ago, RodgerC said:

Immediately after the latest update, all airplanes that I have flown have a severe elevator spiking problem.  At the least bit of backpressure the yoke in the simulator starts to spike 5*-10* degrees.  I've never experienced this problem before.  Landing can be a nightmare trying to get the airplane on the ground.  I have had the sensitivity set perfectly ever since the sim came out.  I've played with the sensitivity but it does nothing for the "spike" in the elevator.  Tried restarting the simulator, rebooting my computer.  Nothing that I have tried has helped.  Anyone have any ideas???  Thanks

Somehow after last update somehow my saved  binding  profile got reshuffled. I would check if any binding sensitivity and curved go reset

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Somehow after last update somehow my saved  binding  profile got reshuffled. I would check if any binding sensitivity and curved go reset

I checked it and it was still the same...

5 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Not sure if this is still pertinent after the France/BeNeLux update but it might help.

That was the first video I watched after this started.  But still can't get the problem solved.

10 hours ago, RodgerC said:

That was the first video I watched after this started.  But still can't get the problem solved.

I also removed any and all calibration from FSUIPC7.ini which helped, especially with the Carenado Mooney.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Just throwing this out there... Has your "Flight Model" changed from "Modern" to "Legacy" in settings?

Some updates have been known to change that setting on some systems.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

1 hour ago, JimBrown said:

Just throwing this out there... Has your "Flight Model" changed from "Modern" to "Legacy" in settings?

Some updates have been known to change that setting on some systems.

...jim

I'll have to check that.  But now I have a bigger problem.  4 consecutive CTD's.  I can't even get it to open up, let alone check anything.  Thanks, I'll check it out whenever I can actually get the program to work.

2 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

I also removed any and all calibration from FSUIPC7.ini which helped, especially with the Carenado Mooney.

I don't have any FSUIPC7 calibrations.  All done thru the sim..