Sign in to follow this  
jimcarrel

something is fishy

I've reinstalled quite a few payware planes (not purchased in Marketplace) and reinstalled about 7 freeware airports from (after using Addon Linker to delete all add ons prior to updateing). In the Profile/ installed segment It is still showing those re-installed as "not installed". Yet, I just finished flying those "not installed" planes and from those "not installed" freeware airports. So I find this profile thing "fishy". No big deal, I guess, but what else is not right after update?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

...something else I thought fishy was the answer to the question about FBW's work (in yesterday's Twitch event with the devs). The lead-guy gave a lawyer-like answer something to the effect of: "...getting their product out of the base install and into the community folder was a good first step..."

I shudder to think what the next step is.... 😕

Edited by rlk281

1 hour ago, jimcarrel said:

I've reinstalled quite a few payware planes (not purchased in Marketplace) and reinstalled about 7 freeware airports from (after using Addon Linker to delete all add ons prior to updateing). In the Profile/ installed segment It is still showing those re-installed as "not installed". Yet, I just finished flying those "not installed" planes and from those "not installed" freeware airports. So I find this profile thing "fishy". No big deal, I guess, but what else is not right after update?

Had the same thing.

About 220 Community items showing in Profile/Installed section as 'not installed', but I have been flying & using them today.

T45

1 hour ago, rlk281 said:

...something else I thought fishy was the answer to the question about FBW's work (in yesterday's Twitch event with the devs). The lead-guy gave a lawyer-like answer something to the effect of: "...getting their product out of the base install and into the community folder was a good first step..."

I shudder to think what the next step is.... 😕

There's nothing untoward here. What Jorg meant was that there was a not-insignificant amount of work required to make the FBW A320 a side-by-side install instead of a mod that overwrites the stock plane. The latter is not compatible with the Marketplace setup.

The reason that is the first step is because the remaining steps include packaging it up properly for Marketplace release with the proper partner package tools, then integrating it into the certification pipeline so it can be approved for Marketplace release via the cert and test teams. Those steps take a little time, so that's why the language of "good first step".

-Matt

• Like 11
  • Upvote 5

I understand a bit of what ASOBO is maybe doing in showing us the "not installed" verbage. However, I think we could have seen something about this in the update notes. Might of saved a few thousand customers some "head-scratching" time, not to mention more unnecessary discussion on what is going on. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 hour ago, jimcarrel said:

I understand a bit of what ASOBO is maybe doing in showing us the "not installed" verbage. However, I think we could have seen something about this in the update notes. Might of saved a few thousand customers some "head-scratching" time, not to mention more unnecessary discussion on what is going on. 

If you ask me, and I realize, fully, that you did not; all three could use some media makeover treatments (a crash course in facial expressions while your partner is waxing on would prolly be #1) ...am I right? 😜

Edited by rlk281

This thread is somewhat fishy. 😀

We are very lucky that we have guys like Matt and his great, reasonable posts where other people indulge in conspiracy theories. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, crimplene said:

This thread is somewhat fishy. 😀

There have been a lot of fishy tales swimming about these forums of late. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gb09f said:

There have been a lot of fishy tales swimming about these forums of late. 

Is there not an app for that or am I thinking of XPlane LOL

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

8 hours ago, MattNischan said:

The reason that is the first step is because the remaining steps include packaging it up properly for Marketplace release with the proper partner package tools, then integrating it into the certification pipeline so it can be approved for Marketplace release via the cert and test teams. Those steps take a little time, so that's why the language of "good first step".

Your posts are indeed a breath of fresh air. 

You're right, perhaps a better way for Asobo to communicate is to explain the depth of the software and engineering challenges they face when implementing (or not) certain features or solutions. This way, people can have a better understanding of what we're dealing with as opposed to just assuming 'Asobo isn't hearing us at all'.

Edited by FAZZ3
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@MattNischan curious why this splitting of the FBW A32NX was necessary but your CJ4 does not need this split?

Not criticising, or grumbling, just wondering. 😉

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

@MattNischan curious why this splitting of the FBW A32NX was necessary but your CJ4 does not need this split?

Not criticising, or grumbling, just wondering. 😉

These plane mods in your community folder do their magic by modifying the stock planes via overriding files in the virtual file system.
A marketplace package can not or should not do that.
For the A32NX to be offered on the marketplace eventually it needs to be packaged as a whole seperate aircraft.

At the moment there are no concrete plans for offering the WT CJ4 as a marketplace package as we think it is in a good spot right now as a community mod until we may be able to directly improve the default CJ4 in the base sim. So it is not needed to split it.

Edited by dga711
  • Like 3