Sign in to follow this  
rgbinns

A/P set up on Honeycomb Bravo HELP needed

I have wasted soooo many hour trying to get the A/P on the Honeycomb Bravo configured correctly. I have watched many videos on ways to do it but none of their ways seem to work. I have at least got the throttles, speed brakes, landing gear and flaps working OK which in its self is GREAT but do what I may I cannot work out how to get the select switch on the top left to work with the Incr/Decr on the right. And the buttons in between only seem to work now and then but I can live with that. It would be so good to have all working. I am 79 y/o so may be that is half my problem!!!!? Why such a GREAT piece of hardware is sooooooo hard to set up is really beyond me. I am using the Development/Experimental FlyByWireAirbus  A320neo. I have not tried any other aircraft yet but I hope they are not as difficult??
Could someone out there help me please?

PS.  I should have said that I am using MSFS 2020, sorry.

Edited by rgbinns
Insert PS

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

The knob on the left side of the A/P select buttons determine what setting is increased/decreased by the knob on the right.  There does still seem to be some issues with the A/P function select buttons.  I hope that helps you out from another old guy (77).  😉

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

33 minutes ago, PuffeB said:

This YouTube channel have several tutorials on how to setup Honecomb Bravo and Alpha and how to correct errors in the default profile.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Rmag/videos

I've looked at several and they mostly have to do with the 10/100 or 1000 step problems.  That has been fixed in the latest update.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

I  have looked at most of these videos about the Bravo but they all just show how to select and then adjust but they do not show how the left and right are made to work together. The configuration of these buttons are already set up somehow in these videos.

Kind regards

Richard

k

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

Hi Richard,

The functions don't seem to be as straight forward as they should be as to how they do function.  At the moment at least.  I was just preparing to go through the process of changing  key commands and using RSMapper when the update came out and the one major problem, the step adjustment, was fixed.  The next problem for me is when I reach a selected altitude the VS button stays lit and trying to select Alt, which should be automatic, doesn't stick.  I'll be looking into some of these issue and I will check back with you.

Best regards,

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

The autopilot functions on my Bravo worked as default when mine arrived, I never had to change them.  The only things needing reprogramming and adjustments are the throttles/mixtures/props.

The altitude sticking may depend on which aircraft you are using/functionality of the MS autopilot.  I wouldnt change your autopilot settings from default as often times its a bug on MS side.

5 minutes ago, PHLMerc said:

The autopilot functions on my Bravo worked as default when mine arrived, I never had to change them.  The only things needing reprogramming and adjustments are the throttles/mixtures/props.

The altitude sticking may depend on which aircraft you are using/functionality of the MS autopilot.  I wouldnt change your autopilot settings from default as often times its a bug on MS side.

My problem with the altitude select is in the CJ4.  A preliminary cheek of the control assignments looked correct but I haven't had the time to check into this further.  Hopefully soon.  😊  You are correct that it may very well be an MS problem.

Edited by Bill Griffith

Bill  N7IBG     

I wonder if there is a default profile somewhere that I could download?

PHLMerc  said that the top A/P buttons worked out of the box, but with me I have had to try and configure everything.

That is very strange. I just want to get the left select button to work with the increase/decrease button on the right.

The for example I can then select Alt with the left button and using the right button can increase or decrease the Alt.

Kind regards

Richard

Richard Binns

6 hours ago, Bill Griffith said:

Hi Richard,

The functions don't seem to be as straight forward as they should be as to how they do function.  At the moment at least.  I was just preparing to go through the process of changing  key commands and using RSMapper when the update came out and the one major problem, the step adjustment, was fixed.  The next problem for me is when I reach a selected altitude the VS button stays lit and trying to select Alt, which should be automatic, doesn't stick.  I'll be looking into some of these issue and I will check back with you.

Best regards,

Bill

I used OVERKILL's video to set up RSMapper as it is pretty straight forward. With the latest MSFS update, I went back to stock MSFS 2020 configurations. It did indeed fix the 100/1000 or 10/100 problems, but as far as I can tell, there is no acceleration advance with MSFS. In other words, the faster you turn the knob, the greater the Alt or Heading or VS will advance as it does with RSMAPPER. So I have stuck with that.

I have seen the knob acceleration in the CJ4 but not in the A320.  I will probably need to use RSMapper to get some of the other functions to work correctly.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

None of the instruction in the video above apply to my Bravo because pressing any of the buttons demonstrated in the video simply do nothing. The hdg and v/s buttons both have their lights on and pressing them does nothing , the lights stay on.
So I have no alternative but try to configure everything in the controls of MSFS. But nothing works except ALT which I was able to get going using the Increase/Decrease AP Reference Altitude and binding Button 21+14 and 21+13 and I now have altitude selection!!!! I thought that I would then be able to use the same for the other selections using the Reference but none of the others work.
So it seems I have a dude Quadrant?!!
I have wasted days fa----g around trying to get it to work so I think I shall just use what I have got and be done with it.
Can not send it back as I have chucked the box out so that's that.
Over and out,
Kind regards
Richard

Richard Binns