Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

MSFS2020 update fixed yet?

Hello all,

I am just wondering if the mod devs have fixed the update fixes which are fixing fixes previously applied to fixes inflicted prior to the latest fix to the updates 14.April.

I am getting black screens on the g1000 and g3000 aircraft which I can only assume has been a dedicated MSFS breakage of Working title Mods.

Has anyone got any idea of the progress to fix these mods from the latest update>

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Ixoye,

Yes mate, I have downloaded the latest version of those prior to the update. I have also deleted them and re-downloaded and installed them to no avail.

Thank the Lord for XPlane and P3D.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

15 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Yes mate, I have downloaded the latest version of those prior to the update. I have also deleted them and re-downloaded and installed them to no avail.

Have you tried the 3000 without the 1000 installed? never used 1000, but 3000/5000 works fine for me...

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

G.

No but that is a simple try. I will let you know.  I think though, that it is a tad unusual that WT has not yet fixed this.  There has been quite a bit said about it as far as I know and they are normally very quick to step in and fix the impact of the updates. Now that they are part of the "problem" (I mean that nicely) I did not expect any problems.

MSFS certainly appear to break any thing and everything possible with each update and one can only dream of a problem free event in the far off future.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

No fix has been released yet for the Working Title G1000. They are aware and are working on it. Best place to get this information is on their Discord. 

• Like 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

15 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

it is a tad unusual that WT has not yet fixed this

They have posted that they are aware and working on finding a fix.. 🙂

• Like 1

Bert

I think WT G-1000 haven't been updated since Christmas.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

G1000 fix is with our QA team right now.

An unrelated CJ4 update is also coming by tomorrow.

As far as we know the only problem with the G3000 and G3X is with SVT, which is on the list to look at, but isn't a breaking issue. We are not aware of a black screen breakage on the G3000 or G3X but if you are seeing that, please report it in discord or GitHub.

And for the record, we did make an announcement yesterday to expect a G1000 update today. 

• Like 6

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

50 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Thank the Lord for XPlane and P3D.

Must be therapies to combat progress.

regards

bs

• Like 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Guys,

Thank you so very much for your replies.

For cwburnett.  A special thanks for you and your team.  I have to admit I did not see your announcement yesterday and that has prompted my original post. 

Again, I am surprised that this problem has slipped past you since you guys joined the MSFS/Asobo team, and further, that it has taken this long to fix the problem,  THAT is NOT a criticism of you or your team in any way.  I have nothing but admiration for you all.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

13 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

I think though, that it is a tad unusual that WT has not yet fixed this.

As it happens, we've had a fix going through QA today, and I just pushed the release button on github.  You can get it now. 🙂

Please do try to keep in mind that our primary focus at the moment is on new content and that is where the majority of our time is going right now.  We told the community at the start of this endeavor that we intend to try to keep the free mods up to date until there is better content in the base sim, and we continue to hold that intent.  However, by necessity it's always going to be a "best effort" thing.  In this case, we simply didn't have time to fully test all of our mods on the final version of World Update 4 before it came out.

But, as Matt noted this morning, we're already talking with our friends at Asobo to try to figure out how we can make this a smoother process for everyone in the future.  Thanks for your understanding in the interim. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Kaosfere,

Thank you for that information.

Again, I would like to emphasize that none of my comments have been intended as a criticism of Working Title, however badly worded it was.  I sincerely hope that it was not taken that way.  

The initial comment on the never ending fixes to fix fixes and updates that need to be fixed was, however, intentional, and THAT was aimed at MSFS/Asobo.

Apologies if you or your team was offended.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

45 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Have you tried the 3000 without the 1000 installed? never used 1000, but 3000/5000 works fine for me...

G

That has certainly restored the G1000 but it does raise the question ... Is it back to the old and unmodded G1000, which from memory, was not really all that great.

However that is all irrelevant now because I am about to download the latest Working Title release, in which, I have the greatest confidence.

Thanks again to you all for your comments and suggestions.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

2 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Apologies if you or your team was offended.

Not at all, man.   We're professionals now, we have to have thicker skins.  😂

• Like 4