Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title Packages WU4 Update Status

There have been a lot of questions and concerns about the Working Title community packages since WU4 dropped, so here's a quick status update:

The G1000 v0.3.5 has been updated and released - you can grab the latest on our packages website here: https://packages.workingtitle.aero/g1000/2021/04/14/g1000-release-v0.3.5.html

Due to changes in how planes load their configurations in WU4, we had to change the code that loads custom display gauges from WTEngineDisplay.xml, as is done with our sample for the G36. In order to get these to work now, aircraft creators or modders must put the contents of the WTEngineDisplay section directly into panel.xml, within the body of the main PlaneHTMLConfig section. This is unfortunate, but it was the only way we could preserve this functionality. Doing this to your panel.xml is fully backwards compatible and will not break planes that don’t use the modded G1000. Aircraft modders that are using this capability to customize the engine gauges should reach out to @kaosfere or another member of our team for more details - best to find us on our Discord server.

The CJ4 v0.12.1 has been updated and released - you can grab the latest on our packages website here: https://packages.workingtitle.aero/cj4/2021/04/14/cj4-release-v0.12.1.html

It's worth noting that the CJ4 was not broken with WU4, we just happen to have a bug fix update ready for release that was in QA this week already. It is purely a coincidence that it is being released at the same time as the G1000 fix. Here's a quick snapshot from the changelog:

• Fixed bugs with parsing TUN page inputs.
  • Minor cleanup on DSPL MENU FMC page.
  • Fixed bugs with leg altitude (constraint) parsing to address some incorrect constraints in some European approaches.
  • Fix for erroneous sim autopilot altitude capture when using a hardware button tied to all the altitude slots and not just slot 1.
  • Fix for some erroneous situations where VNAV PATH kicks you to PTCH incorrectly.
  • Fix for sequencing missed approach on Go-Around after a new approach is selected.

Re: The G3000 v0.5.1 (https://packages.workingtitle.aero/g3000/)

We are not aware of any update-related bugs on the G3000, but if you do encounter an update-related problem, or really any bug with it, please log the issue here: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/issues

Re: The G3X v0.1.0-dev6 (https://packages.workingtitle.aero/g3x/)

We have an open bug that pre-dated WU4 where some users experience a problem with SVT; we have (finally) been able to reproduce this problem on one machine, but not the others, and we are actively trying to figure out what's going on here. We hope to have an update that resolves this in the next few days now that we've been able to reproduce it - the bug is not a breaking bug, the G3X can be used without SV with no problem as far as we are aware.

Re: Updates, QA and our Community/Freeware Packages

Generally, we want to remind everyone what we said after the announcement in March regarding our work with Microsoft. We will make a best effort to keep the community packages updated and functioning, and even continue making enhancements, until these packages are replaced by base sim projects that we've already begun working on. This stuff takes time, but I'm quite confident that many of you will be pleased with product of the work we have planned and have already begun. With respect to the existing packages, since the announcement, we have released major updates to both the G3000 and the CJ4, including a new custom vertical autopilot for the CJ4, and we've shown off the WIP TCAS and Charts for the G3000 in our Discord #progress channel. While I regret even having to say this, any speculation or commentary suggesting that our community packages are no longer important to us or to Microsoft are simply false.

Specifically with respect to the WU4 release causing breakage in the G1000, we definitely regret that this happened. While we continue to emphasize that we make no guarantee that future updates won't cause breakage that requires a fix from us, we are actively working with our partners at Asobo and Microsoft to better prepare for future releases, until such time as our packages are deprecated and replaced. As those that have been with us from the beginning know, we have always been extremely attentive to sim updates and often release fixes within hours. In this case, it took us just about 20 hours to get our fix into QA, and a few more to publish the fix on our website and Discord server - not our fastest, but also not our slowest.

As always, we are humbled by the support many of you have shown us and we appreciate all the feedback - as we said in our partner video, this entire project is a direct result of community feedback and that feedback continues to directly influence our future projects. 👍

Edited by cwburnett
  • Like 33
  • Upvote 7

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Since y'all are now "working for the man" 😉 can you put some pressure on them to fix the WASM module CTDs that break SPAD, Real Sim Gear, Mobi, Axis & Ohs, etc. Basically anything that uses Lvars/Hvars including their own demo code from the SDK.?

I know there's a lot of word not allowed off home cockpit builders right now.

EDIT: Everyone else, can you please vote to get this fixed? https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/wasm-standalone-module-causing-ctd-on-launch-after-world-update-4-patch/390583/20 and https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/standalone-wasm-modules-crash-the-simulator-after-latest-1-15-7-0-update/390552/16

Edited by Phantoms

James

4 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Since y'all are now "working for the man" 😉 can you put some pressure on them to fix the WASM module CTDs that break SPAD, Real Sim Gear, Mobi, Axis & Ohs, etc. Basically anything that uses Lvars/Hvars including their own demo code from the SDK.?

I don't think they need any pressure from us, if you know what I mean. It's a priority already.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Phantoms said:

I realize that we're on the FS team now as a first party, but we'd really love if our interactions with the community don't eventually devolve into alternative avenues for sim issues reporting. We really dig being a part of the community, and we'd like to keep being able to be able to hang around these parts without it becoming "well, these are the folks we can talk to directly, let's file our bugs and lodge our complaints directly with them."

Please don't take that as a scolding! We obviously appreciate all feedback and I definitely don't mean it that way. Just a personal worry of mine.

-Matt

• Like 14
  • Upvote 8

The GX3 v0.1.0-dev6 has 0.1.0-dev5 in the manifest.sjon    (this has been so since first release of dev6)

While trying to keep my above remark as short as possible I almost forgot to thank you and to let you know that I hope you all will be finding great joy in your move to join MSFS.

Edited by hansb57
  • Like 2

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

1 hour ago, hansb57 said:

The GX3 v0.1.0-dev6 has 0.1.0-dev5 in the manifest.sjon    (this has been so since first release of dev6)

While trying to keep my above remark as short as possible I almost forgot to thank you and to let you know that I hope you all will be finding great joy in your move to join MSFS.

Thanks on both counts. Good catch. 👍

Thanks WT team for the prompt update!

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

WT = Class act

And kindly please leave the guys alone, they are not the official MS/Asobo complaint bureau.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, cwburnett said:

The G3X v0.1.0-dev6

Thanks for the update to them all, particularly this one which isn't working as well as it was pre-WU4 in that the topography isn't functional (and is generally not as good as before), will that be coming back with the next update? Thanks

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Ok, so as I understand it, the G1000 is now fixed BUT we will also need updates from the dev’s that made the aircraft. Such as Robert Youngs B36? 

I don’t understand how that will work with default aircraft using the G1000 though? What happens for example to the default C172 with G1000? Will it just work?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

Will it just work?

Yes - and it does.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Will there be a similar update to the G1000 v0.4 beta or is that codebase effectively sidelined for the moment ?

I am getting CTD's every flight using the new G1000 3.5 MOD. Flying the G36 with GTN750 MOD.

Anyone else?   1.15.7.0 MSFS.  never had any CTD before.

Edited by Eclex

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video