Sign in to follow this  
Guest IL76MD

My Traffic X seriously now!

Guest IL76MD

Hello, posted this before but can't find my post anywhere.I got MyTraffic X and have most ai aircraft (thought I think its still not as much as they claim) but they all look awful, like Fs2002 planes - all squared, with horrible landing gear, cartoony engine cowlings, and poor quality livery. Is there a way to improve them via the programme's manager or is this what one get for 40 EUR?Thanx

Hi,unfortunately it's a trade off between quality of the models and frame rates. the higher the quality, the worse your frames rates are going to be. From reading the my traffic forum you can switch between a higher quality model and the base models ,or you can substitute other models such as project ai for the mytraffic ones, but again you have to accept the trade off. Personally I'm happy with the quality and quantity of the mytraffic AI. Don't look at them for that long, or study them that much to worry about the quality and I get good frame rates with enough ai to bring my airports to life.Hope this was useful,Steve

I am also happy with MyTraffic X for the same reasons as the previous poster. Right now, you can run MyTraffic as 30% at best anyway without a staggering fps loss. It always a trade-off between quality and performance. Unfortunately, we're not quite there yet that modern machines can handle both ultra-high quality AI planes and 100% traffic.Pat

That's a criticism of MyTraffic that has been made against it for a while. I've used it for about 3 years now and have the new version for FSX. I think the performance benefit is a worthy tradeoff, and I also don't study or stare at AI for long enough to notice any big issues. As in real life, when on the ground other aircraft are just background, and when in the air you better hope you're not close enough to see the details. :-)

Guest IL76MD

Thanks for the feeds guys. Can you tell me where I can play around w/ the quality of the planes? Is there a drop menue in MSFSX itself?The installation of the programme got me a bit confused.

The model issue is less about having to trade lower polygon counts for better performance than about having to build so many models in such a short time period.There are extremely good quality AI models for some aircraft with as low, or lower polygon counts than the My Traffic model. The development time of groups like Ai-Aardvark, EvolveAI and now JBAI is measured in months - with a half dozen to a dozen models per year.My Traffic has over 150 aircraft types - and no one wants to wait 10 years for them to be developed.The same occurs with the repaints.That need for a lot of models very fast and even more repaints is the principle negative of the three commercial AI programs."Clunky" models and poor repaints are not a requirement of AI traffic.My recommendation is that you use a couple free downloaded packages from World-of-AI (http://www.world-of-ai.com/) which has an installer which works with FSX. Test a couple airlines and their models. You can disable that particular airline in My Traffic.Determine if the "better" models have an unacceptable impact on your FPS.The best AI will always be manually installed, searching for the best models and repaints for each aircraft and airline.However, I fully understand if you wish to spend 1,000 hours flying this year rather than 1,000 hours building an AI world. So do I.

Guest Speed

Thanks for the tip....its a good idea to just download the airlines your normally surrounded by from world-of-ai and let the payware complete the rest.

Guest IL76MD

Reggie, I have tons of models from Aardvark, PAI, and others for my FS9 which traffic I custom-built over 2 years. Can you suggest how I can plug those models insted of the ones used in MyTraffic X to follow the plans used by MyTraffic X? Should I just replace the MyTraffic aircraft folder with the relevant Aardvark, etc folder? Just like one would do in FS9? Im sorry if these questions sound lame, I am really clued up in FS9 but am not very familiar with the core of the FSX, thats why I'm asking. The MyTraffic Editor programme I need to study to do that, but I don't have time nor will to read all the pdf help files (done too much of that with FS9 over 5 years). Appreciate your help!