Sign in to follow this  
Bilbosmeggins

PA-28R Arrow III Update

Just now, Matchstick said:

And this is a single developer with a single product that I'm guessing need to pay for itself over the long term.

Without knowing the economics of this specific product, I'm not in the position to criticize the decision they've taken especially without know the actual detail of what it will cost.

hehe, uh huh. I won't say anything more about this, especially in this thread which is unrelated...except that, IMO, he's fishing for a job long before his product is fleshed out enough to be charging money yet, let alone be asking for a subscription. I'm sure he realizes that he will first have to substantiate good reasons for the subscription model before the market will allow it... so lets just wait and see what happens how well the product turns out, and what the reasons are. 

So much for not saying any more. Can't say you're exactly coming across well at least to me personally, but there you go. Moving on....

21 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Thanks I will try that!

I'm interested if it works so let me again.

Again. I had the same issue and has been a nagging issue for many on the official MSFS forums. This was the only thing that ever worked for me and hasn't failed me yet. The bonus is it doesn't really add any extra time to getting up and flying once you did the initial setup.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

26 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I'm not seeing that myself either when i use the B key or turn the dial manually ?

I think there must be something wrong with my Arrow Install , then , because others are not seeing this either. I am going to uninstall it this weekend and install from the latest installer they just posted on the JF website. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think there must be something wrong with my Arrow Install , then , because others are not seeing this either. I am going to uninstall it this weekend and install from the latest installer they just posted on the JF website. 

Is that the 0.4a installer or is there an even newer version ? (I know at least one person on the MSFS Forums was reporting the 0.4a version refused to work on their PC)

1 hour ago, hangar said:

Are you using some sort of tool to know what the winds are after you load into your flight? Don't use ATIS because it's more often incorrect as far as the wind.

Preset weather includes preset wind and temperature, and preset wind and temp remain when I switch to LW in the cockpit, I noticed this when I saw that the temperature showed +15c in the game when it was -12 in reality, so I stopped using this method when I realized that it was defective, so now I restart the game between flights as there is no other option if you want to use correct LW.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I see...well I have found, on my system, that setting and leaving my default weather preset to the "clear skies" option so that it remembers it and I never need to change it before clicking the "fly" button has always given me clear skies when spawning into my plane, and then calling the LW from within the plane after I spawn in, has always worked for me. I'm not saying the weather I see is always metar accurate of course...but it does always load the LW when I do it this way...and I never need to reboot the game, nor my pc. 

If I want a new flight I just return to main menu and to world map (where my preset always stays as clear skies)...chhose the location/plane and hit fly again. Then once in plane choose the LW option again from the top menu in the hud.

Edited by hangar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Preset weather includes preset wind and temperature, and preset wind and temp remain when I switch to LW in the cockpit, I noticed this when I saw that the temperature showed +15c in the game when it was -12 in reality, so I stopped using this method when I realized that it was defective, so now I restart the game between flights as there is no other option if you want to use correct LW.

I have had really bad luck landing at an airport, and then starting another flight without shutting everything down, including the PC. So I have never noticed a problem with live weather. I find the number of  CTDs are drastically reduced by just restarting the PC before each and every flight. Takes a minute or two, but worth it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

25 minutes ago, styckx said:

I'm interested if it works so let me again.

Again. I had the same issue and has been a nagging issue for many on the official MSFS forums. This was the only thing that ever worked for me and hasn't failed me yet. The bonus is it doesn't really add any extra time to getting up and flying once you did the initial setup.

OK it works! So that multiplayer option that I had to turn off made the difference! Thanks again!

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Can anyone confirm (or deny) whether or not they've got VR working properly with this bad boy?  I really want it in my hanger, but I'm a VR addict, and the first version out the door was not VR ready, sadly.

23 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

OK it works! So that multiplayer option that I had to turn off made the difference! Thanks again!

Woohoo! So happy for you that you can finally rid of that nagging problem. Although a convoluted way of doing it, it works and sticks.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I have a yellow flashing light under the gear lever, ( Auto EXT OFF) anyone that know what i'm missing?

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

3 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I have a yellow flashing light under the gear lever, ( Auto EXT OFF) anyone that know what i'm missing?

Doesn't  that mean that the auto extension is disabled? I never found the button or lever to disable it. .

There's a little lever in front of the trim wheel.  That'll sort that light out!

• Like 2