Sign in to follow this  
Bilbosmeggins

PA-28R Arrow III Update

40 minutes ago, The_Moose said:

There's a little lever in front of the trim wheel.  That'll sort that light out!

Thanks it is a bug then, I suppose that light should not be flashing when emergency gear is not in use?

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

28 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Thanks it is a bug then, I suppose that light should not be flashing when emergency gear is not in use?

I would actually expect it the other way around... a warning that emergency gear is not primed 🙂

And it is not emergency gear... it is a safety feature that will lower the gear for you if you forget.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 4

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

I would actually expect it the other way around... a warning that emergency gear is not primed 🙂

And it is not emergency gear... it is a safety feature that will lower the gear for you if you forget.

If people want to practice slow flight or stalls, when you select the 25 degree flap setting, the gear will drop, so owners of the Arrow used for training disabled that feature. The light tells you it is disabled, so there is a chance of a gear up landing if you forget to lower it. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

3 hours ago, The_Moose said:

There's a little lever in front of the trim wheel.  That'll sort that light out!

I see nothing in front of the trim wheel, no click spot and can't move anything. . I wonder if the 4.0 update I did didn't take. What color is this lever?

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I see nothing in front of the trim wheel, no click spot and can't move anything. . I wonder if the 4.0 update I did didn't take. What color is this lever?

Slide over to the right, to the left of the flap lever is a little red switch

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It is a lever slightly to the upper left of the trim wheel

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 minute ago, styckx said:

Slide over to the right, to the left of the flap lever is a little red switch

Where it says Emergency down?  That switch doesn't move. 

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Where it says Emergency down?  That switch doesn't move. 

Roll it with the mouse works for me.

1 minute ago, Ixoye said:

Roll it with the mouse works for me.

No movement at all. After I finish this flight I think I am going to run the latest update 4.0a and see if the repair function will unglue the switch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

No movement at all. After I finish this flight I think I am going to run the latest update 4.0a and see if the repair function will unglue the switch. 

But be aware, if you engage it you won't be able to change landing gear up anymore under the flight, it will be locked in down position. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

But be aware, if you engage it you won't be able to change landing gear up anymore under the flight, it will be locked in down position. 

OK, then I am confused about what this button or switch is actually for, and apparently it is just a switch  to lower the gear in an emergency situation and nothing more. . I thought there was a switch to disable the auto gear extension when you are slow with 25 degrees of flaps. 

Edited by Bobsk8

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

OK, then I am confused about what this button or switch is actually for, and apparently it is just a switch  to lower the gear in an emergency situation and nothing more. . I thought there was a switch to disable the auto gear extension when you are slow with 25 degrees of flaps. 

At least it kill the flashing light 😉

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

No movement at all.

This lever can be stuck when state saving was active. To unstuck it you can deactivate state saving and then load a state like "Ready For Takeoff".

• Like 2

Windows 10 Pro - Ryzen 3 5900X - nVidia Titan X (Pascal) - 32GB DDR4-3600 === Microsoft Flight Simulator

On 4/16/2021 at 9:34 AM, hangar said:

Ok, and do you find that you actually need to reboot your entire PC for LW to function again...or does rebooting the game suffice? Some folks seemingly need to reboot their entire pc and to me this says that perhaps some sort of network issue is being caused by the game.

I have the issue from time to time and simply restarting the game from scratch seems to fix it.

James