Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Well Here's A New One

Made a long haul flight today from mid-US out to Africa.  During that time, often happened to switch between cockpit and external views.  No problems.

Then, shortly before I was going to begin my descent, switch once more.  When I went back into the cockpit, everything was gone.  No gauges, no switches or knobs or levers, no lighting.  Just bare bones cockpit.  Had to save the flight, close and reopen MSFS

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I had this once some time ago also at a long haul.

I changed the views a couple off times and after some change it was back.

Don't know what happens at that point, maybe sometimes we get some easteregg from Asobo..🤣😂

After that i didn't have seen this issue anymore - but who knows when it comes back ??

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I have had the 'sunglasses' a few times when switching from external to internal.  It is like I am inside the head of the virtual pilot looking out - weird!

I can be a bugger to clear as well.  Normally if I leave it for a minute then go out and back in again, it can clear. 

Never had this disappearing gauge problem before though - it's the gift that keeps on giving! 😀

I hope it was a one-off for you.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Twice on long flights I've lost mouse control which took away any means to activate/deactivate or change settings.  I wasn't able to deactivate AP hold, select new headings, begin descent, etc.  The mouse cursor and all symbols would appear but no knob or switch would respond.

The first time this happened 1/2 of the instrumentation switched from 3D to cardboard presentations - it was as if all of the controls/switches had been removed and left me with a 2D graphic of the item (which had no functionality).

This was just before the last update - I haven't had time to fly since the update so I'll see if this happens again.  Another suspicion I have is that a livery may be responsible, so I will change liveries to be sure.

Randall Rocke

In another sim that was caused by running out of memory/contiguous memory, often seen in Long Hauls.

Best wishes.

• Like 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Interesting - though this was about a 2-hour flight it was relatively modest in comparison to much longer flights I've taken with no issues.  Also, there wasn't much scenery to render (over Mediterranean btwn Italy and Sicily and the cloud cover was modest.

I've never had any memory issues before with this sim version (including severe weather while flying over Chicago, New York and London).  If this ever happens again, I'll cue up my diagnostics and see what I get.

Randall Rocke