Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

A new "present" from ASOBO: hitting Escape/Resume...

Like some of mine, this appears to be another wasted forum session - lol

Regards

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

33 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

This should read "the saboteur team is still inside Asobo"  I say this because I feel it takes a very dedicated team to cause the disruptions, bugs, problems etc that have occurred with "as has previous said, EVERY update.  

The puzzling thing to me though, is why I still love this "rubbish" and I suspect there are many similiar befuddled simmers in the same boat.

Tony 

I tend to agree. The Asobo’s aim for disruption perfection makes me think that’s maybe a teamwork certainly involved and not the single action of any of them in particular.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

There must be some clumsy people at Asobo but also at Microsoft considering how often there are infrastructure related issues.
For example, who chose the new loading background image with molten roofs? 

Screenshot-2021-04-15-233743.jpg

• Like 3

They have way too many development branches so give them a break.  Normally 2-3 branches are it and they have many many many more.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

is this problem plane specific by any chance?  I must have used ESC and RESUME 20 times today and not once did anything weird happen.  I fly the old style C172.

and @peroni  I really think they are trying to put their worst foot forward with their screenshot splashscreens.  maybe has something to do with some peoples reaction to the FSX DX12 envisioned screenshot.  anyway - PG is what it is at this point and Ill take it!  I love it personally.  It'll get even better over the years.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

6 hours ago, hangar said:

Hmf, and I've been wondering why my engine keeps throttling back! 

Yep I noticed this as well after the update

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Everytime there is a new update I would say "they got this one right" and then Asobo would say "surpriseeee, you were wrong" 😂. Okay on the bright side, they have acknowledged the bug. At least the silverlining with all these surprises, they got better on acknowledging the bugs instead of the silent mode like before.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

yep I'm getting this too...

great job Asobo (sarcasm intended)

Edited by Isaiah53six

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

38 minutes ago, peroni said:

There must be some clumsy people at Asobo but also at Microsoft considering how often there are infrastructure related issues.
For example, who chose the new loading background image with molten roofs? 

Do you want some cheese to your whine?

Really, this "photogrammetry is looking like molten" is getting old.

Yes. It does. That is the limitation of the technology. Deal with it and move on.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Good catch, Beta Testers...

They chose the first 300 applicants, not the 300 most suitable applicants, and it shows.
Fortunately, Jorg said in the most recent Q&A dev stream that they would change the selection process in future.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

43 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

They have way too many development branches so give them a break.  Normally 2-3 branches are it and they have many many many more.

Having 40 - 50 development branches (per Jorg in the Q&A stream) sounds like that far too much is demanded of the developer teams, which is a result of poor project management.
The oversight of the impact of changes made by one branch on other branches must be low considering the number of issues that appear after every update, especially given the short time frames between game updates (monthly -ish).

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, sightseer said:

is this problem plane specific by any chance?  I must have used ESC and RESUME 20 times today and not once did anything weird happen.  I fly the old style C172.

For me and some other people, it only happens when my rudder pedals are plugged in.

I think the best workaround for pausing is to assign keys to "SET PAUSE ON" and "SET PAUSE OFF", but it doesn't fix the problem if you really need to go into the settings for something.

Edited by Kurbo26

Just tried again! I do not have this problem with ALT TAB only when I press ESC

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

39 minutes ago, Kurbo26 said:

For me and some other people, it only happens when my rudder pedals are plugged in.

maybe thats it.  I don't have rudder pedals.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.