Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Pro-ATC/X new update 1.9.2.8

I looks like Pro ATC/X just released an update. I'm in the process of downloading it. We will see how it goes.

Just run the application and if you have "check for updates" selected, it should prompt you to download the latest version.

Release Notes.

--- 1.9.2.8 ---

Flight Plan Import

- Altitudes on imported flight plans are now considered.

In-Flight
- The ATIS frequency is now set to Stand-by, when launching a flight. The active frequency is set to clearence.

- The issues on setting COM frequencies on some aircraft (Maddog, AS-Airbus, DA-CRJ700/900) are fixed.

- The Italian airspace only accepts airways below 30500 ft on IFR, no DCTs. You'll get a warning message, when trying to import a flight plan a flight plan not considering this restriction but it'll still be loaded. Proatcx is calculating the altitude reached at a certain waypoint by the climb rate possible with the selected aircraft and is taking this into account. So no warning message if you are above 30500 ft.

- Missed Approaches are reworked.

- Requesting for a direct to waypoint will not assign a heading anymore.

- Emergencies are corrected.

- The X-Wind factor is now taken into account. All headings assigned are now crosswind corrected (also the heading to set value on the moving map).

- Now adding a second waypoint prior to FAF if necessray (CRDWP then CRDWF).

- When requesting a different flight level, the altitude you are at is now the reference, not the altitude assigned.

- If no runway available for landing, due to the option 'Not available for Landing' and due to wind conditions, the longest runway will be assigned by dis-regarding the options set to the runways.

- The approach is now assigned 35 Nm before reaching the route exit waypoint, even if no STAR was assigned.

Holdings
- Adding user defined holdings have been reworked. You'll now have to edit each procedure waypoints as AIRACs are doing. Holdings defined on earlier versions are not considered anymore. Sorry for that. How ever, when adding a waypoint as hold it'll recognize in most cases the heading to the next and also the minimum altitude if defined by AIRACs.

Moving Map
- The Moving Map has a new column ‘Hold’ under Route waypoints. It shows ‘!’ if a holding is possible, it shows ‘Exp’ if a holding is expected and it shows ‘SET!’ if a holding was assigned.

- On the moving map under 'Help' you may now define an Auto Pause at TOD or at a certein altitude after TOD.

Database
- The flight plan management has been changed. Flight plans were saved to the internal database before. Now they are saved to an xml file  within the folder 'data'. Only the routing is saved now, no waypoints anymore. Loading a flight plan may therefore result into warning  messages like 'Waypoint is not part of airway'. This is caused by a different AIRAC cycle used for saving/loading the fp. Importing a  flight plan will refuse the import in that case.

- Import of AIRACs has been optimized.

- R-NAV/V-NAV approaches are corrected.

- VOR Radials to be intercepted defined by AIRAC data are now considered.

- DMEs are adjusted aswell. They are now working as expected

- Vectors are re-worked.

- Missed approaches are re-worked.

- Flight plans are now imported correctly, when a SID or STAR was defined, also if a SID/STAR Transition was defined.

Other
- Flight plans are not erased anymore if not produced by PRO-ATC/X.

- PRO-ATC/X generated flight plans are only erased at the end of a flight.

- Saved Situation has been adjusted. Situations saved below version 1.9.2.6-U will work, but third party aircraft will not be recognized.
  In some cases you'll have to setup the AP by your own. Sorry for that.

GUI
- A new tab 'Voices' has been added to the options window. Same functionality as under main menu/Data/Voices. Most of the users are expecting this under Options.
  Main menu/Data/Voices is still available.

- The window 'Flight Plan To Be Generated' has a new checkbox 'Generate third party flight plan'.

- A button named 'Corridor' has been added to the moving map (on top). If active, it'll show the corridor you'll have to be in. Of course only when airborne.
  'Heading corrections shouldn't happen anymore, when within the corridor. The with of the corridor can be adjusted under 'Options'.

- The option 'Auto Save Flight Plan' has been removed from the Options. It simply takes to much time with some third party panels.
   PRO-ATC/X is still saving it's own state to be re-loaded in case of a CTD.

- The sim rate can now be set via the In-Flight Menu/Other Options. It was actually meant to be used by BETA Testers only, why not let it be used by others as well?
    - If set to above 1x, it will reduce automatically to 1x, when...
    - Aircraft bank > 5
    - Distance to the next waypoint is below 7.5 NM and the heading difference to the over next waypoint is > 5 degree.
    - Any communication on the COM-Radio. This is needed, as instructions are often in a queue. It simply needs time until communicated and confirmed via voice.

- The tab 'Folder Paths' in Options Dialogue has been renamed to 'Flight Plan Folders'.

- Activesky Flight Plan is now generated.

- PRO-ATC/X is now checking if the default Sim-ATC is active. If so, it'll ask to de-activate it automatically. The flight sim should be re-started if running.

- Departure and arrival via Vectors can now be requested.

- Flight plan import with only one waypoint works now as the single waypoint will be duplicated.

- In the mooving map the settings on AI visibility is saved and reloaded next time.

- In the flight planning window you can now select a gate by right click on the map.

- Under options you can now define the color for parkings on the map.

- Runways can now be defined as preferred up to 5 Kts wind velocity or up to 10 Kts. 10 includes 5!

- PRO-ATC/X now recognizes which simulation is loaded (FSX/P3D), provided it is running on the same PC. This doesn't work, when running PRO-ATC/X on a client and the sim on a server.

- In-Flight menus are re-worked.

- They are only closing, when clicking on 'Close Window' or if a function is executed.

- On some functions it’ll even re-open the menu, e. g. ‘PRO-ATC/X-Options’ or ‘Confirm Checklist Item’.

- If it is a submenu, you can always return to the superior menu by clicking '<<'.

- If it has more than 10 items (including 'Close Window'),  you can display the rest of the items by clicking '>>'.

- Added a new in-flight menu 'Airport COM-Frequencies', selectable under In-Flight-Menu-->FP Information.
  This menu shows all departure COM-Frequencies until connected to departure, thereafter it shows COM-Frequencies for the destination airport.

- Third party aircraft paths under options have been reworked. They are now categorized by publisher.

Edited by Samaritano
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for head up. That's quite a long list of changes. I must add, that I didn't expect a further update at all. Good to have it. Now I'm curious to see how the flght plan loading into my PMDG a/c will work. The changes within the flight menu appear pretty good to me.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Long awaited, excited to hear how people like it. I think maybe I'll have time next week to test it out. Great news!

I must say I'm impressed so far. Some (new) features what I like the most: Flight plan is loaded into Active Sky automatically, InFlight Menu allows to switch forward and backwards and it has the possibility to change the sim rate (2x or 4x) with automated decrease when approaching way points. Great!

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

A lot of fixes too. Taxi routes to the runway, for instance, has now been fixed, which was one of my on going issues.

🛩️ Brian Houghton

System: P3D V5.3 HF2, Intel i7-9700K o/c to 4.5Ghz, Nvidia RTX 3080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, 2x1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, MSI Z390 M/B, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit 21H2,Samsung UHD 43" LED TV, Benq 27" HD monitor.

2nd PC: Networked for atc, charts, and streaming. Intel i7 4790k 4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 2070 Super, Samsung 970 Evo, 2x sata drives, MSI Z970 M/B, 32Gb G.skills DDR3 Ram, Win 10 Pro 21H2, 2x Benq 27" Monitors

Thanks for the news Samaritano. I have to say, after many years of not using this add-on, I'm loving this update.

Sergio Naiberg

Jup, i was allready testing pilot2atc but with this update I decided to wait and see what else comes on the pro atc side.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

I also had the program "buried". I am currently using PF3 but after this update I will check how proatc works now. By the way, I have a question for someone who has already had the opportunity to test with the new update. The first thing is the in-flight option: Allow controllers to skip waypoints on procedures, when I try to select it and save it, the option is unchecked again after re-entering. As I remember from the previous version 1.9.2.5 I missed some (there were few) realistic ATC voices, pilots etc - PF3 is much better here. Has something changed in the new version - honestly, I don't feel like adding any extra voices, which was also the reason why I changed the program to PF3. If nothing has changed here, can I ask for information, maybe some of you use this configuration, can proatc be combined with this as "bacground ATC: https://secure.simmarket.com/bevenel-editvoicepack.phtml"

Best regards

Grzegorz

I kind of love Mourad's approach of vanishing off the face of the earth and working on his software in silence without any notifications and then just releasing updates when finished. 

Now with all these nice little polishes I really hope for MSFS integration soon.

Edited by Farlis

8 hours ago, Farlis said:

I kind of love Mourad's approach of vanishing off the face of the earth and working on his software in silence without any notifications and then just releasing updates when finished. 

I assume that's sarcasm, because it's actually very very annoying when he does that.

• Like 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

MSFS user lurking here and Ive read this update at least 3x hoping to see a MSFS mention. 😅 oh well....I have been enjoying my time on Vatsim regardless. Would have never tried it if it werent for the useless ATC in MSFS

Edited by environmental_ice

I so most of my civilian flight simming in MSFS with Pilot2ATC these days but I do occasionally fly in P3D v5. Happy to see the update and I'll give it a try but disappointed that visual approaches are still not supported.

Richard

4 hours ago, neilhewitt said:

I assume that's sarcasm, because it's actually very very annoying when he does that.

No it's not sarcasm.

I prefer that approach to teasing something, setting an approximate release date and continuously failing to meet the deadline.

Like Aerosoft did with their Airbus releases numerous times or like PMDG continues to do.

On 4/16/2021 at 4:03 PM, pilatuz said:

Long awaited, excited to hear how people like it. I think maybe I'll have time next week to test it out. Great news!

tried it today on a EHAM to LPPT sector.  works fine.  very good. apart from the bridges issues at EHAM which is a LM issue not pro-atcx 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

On 4/21/2021 at 9:35 PM, Farlis said:

No it's not sarcasm.

I prefer that approach to teasing something, setting an approximate release date and continuously failing to meet the deadline.

Like Aerosoft did with their Airbus releases numerous times or like PMDG continues to do.

Ah, I see what you're driving at now. Well, you have a point, but there's a big difference between not speculating on release dates and saying nothing at all. For example, they could talk about the bugs being fixed (or maybe even have a bug-tracker we could see and use) and the new features being added. They do very occasionally make an announcement (like the one saying they were going to build something for MSFS) but then it's back to radio silence again.

If you report bugs at the forum (and jump through the hoops that the mods insist on before they'll even consider responding) you have no way of knowing if the dev has accepted the bug or put it on his backlog or if it will literally ever be fixed. For example, importing scenery data generated by MakeRwys 5.x fails to properly import some taxiways at some airports and you don't get taxiway details for your outbound taxi. It requires a fix in Pro-ATC/X to get it working again, because the MakeRwys data is actually correct. I have no idea if the developer even knows about this and has any plan to fix it. It does not appear to have been fixed in the latest update, so I guess that's it until 2022.

• Like 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT