Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Pro-ATC/X new update 1.9.2.8

I tried it today again, it works good but what is a immersion killer for me: it always assigns a transition on approach. In real life you would get vectors a lot more often. Also it doesn’t control the AI.

6 hours ago, rob0203 said:

I tried it today again, it works good but what is a immersion killer for me: it always assigns a transition on approach. In real life you would get vectors a lot more often. Also it doesn’t control the AI.

No option to avoid that in the parameter ?

Frédéric Giraud

10 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

No option to avoid that in the parameter ?

There is an option to 'prefer ILS/LOC approaches even without a transition' for your flightplan - ATC will give you an ILS approach and vector you in if there's no suitable transition; but AFAIK it will assign a transition if there is one that works. 

It does control the AI - sort of. It will hold AI traffic on the ground to avoid collisions with you; and ATC interacts with AI aloft, though I don't think it actually commands the AI to change routing at all. 

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

On 4/23/2021 at 3:23 AM, rob0203 said:

Hi Rob.

so I just tried a second flight and I got it to control the other AI and that was using realtraffic and lorby live traffic in hybrid mode.

https://rtweb.flyrealtraffic.com/

https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

so to people that are interested, this means you can import live realtime traffic and inject it using lorby live traffic and the sim/proatc x then treats it like BGL traffic (with only a 3 minute delay behind the real world)

This means the ai traffic  will pushback and taxi out using the afcad (navtive logic) with proatcx controling all the ai traffic and myself.

For example I just did a GVA-LIS flight and proatcx was controlling all the ai traffic that was live in and out of both  GVA and LIS  (as well as all the enroute traffic )

So i just followed in realtime live my actual flight as it happened live with proatc-x controlling me and the my "ai twin"   just fantasic, I dont know how more real or accurate you can get.  as mentioned all being controlled by PRO-ATC X

PROATC-XX.jpg

• Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

14 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Hi Rob.

so I just tried a second flight and I got it to control the other AI and that was using realtraffic and lorby live traffic in hybrid mode.

https://rtweb.flyrealtraffic.com/

https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

so to people that are interested, this means you can import live realtime traffic and inject it using lorby live traffic and the sim/proatc x then treats it like BGL traffic (with only a 3 minute delay behind the real world)

This means the ai traffic  will pushback and taxi out using the afcad (navtive logic) with proatcx controling all the ai traffic and myself.

For example I just did a GVA-LIS flight and proatcx was controlling all the ai traffic that was live in and out of both  GVA and LIS  (as well as all the enroute traffic )

So i just followed in realtime live my actual flight as it happened live with proatc-x controlling me and the my "ai twin"   just fantasic, I dont know how more real or accurate you can get.  as mentioned all being controlled by PRO-ATC X

PROATC-XX.jpg

Does Pro Atc also separate the aircraft? 

57 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Does Pro Atc also separate the aircraft? 

It did last night. Yes.  Although I think lorby live traffic separates traffic too? So wether it was pro atx or lorby live traffic im not sure. 

@Lorby_SI

Maybe Oliver can clarify. 

Only issue I has was my ai real twin aircraft obviously had the same callsign as my Aircraft which caused a bit of confusion 😂

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

On 4/23/2021 at 3:23 AM, rob0203 said:

Hello again Rob

done 4 flights now with it, with no issues.  I think its fantastic.  something a little bit different than vatsim/ivao etc etc.

once its set up its really good as long as you know what youre doing..

and you can ask for vectors for approach. under "other requests" as shown below 

proatcx.png

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

32 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

Hello again Rob

done 4 flights now with it, with no issues.  I think its fantastic.  something a little bit different than vatsim/ivao etc etc.

proatcx.png

Thanks for that! Did not know that option!

18 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Hello again Rob

Yep If I fly offline using ProAtcX and it's great, you even get now vectors and don't have to ask for it...

Edited by awf
  • Like 1

André

is there a simple way to create new voice callsigns ?? 

for example "alpine, topswiss" 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Interesting thread...

I have a few questions coming from someone who has been using radar contact for 10+ years... I've previously tried PF3 as well but found it unstable and did not find it could handle dynamic SID/STAR assignments which you had to pre-program...

Eventually I moved back to Radar Contact.

1. How stable is Pro-ATC in completing flights with no ATC connection loss etc?

2. How is the dynamic SID/STAR handling along with vectors? Is it close to real world procedures when compared with the other offline ATC programs?

3. Can it be used w/o voice recognition? (= Only by using keyboard/menu commends)?

Thanks for the info,

Shom

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

4 hours ago, Shomron said:

Interesting thread...

I have a few questions coming from someone who has been using radar contact for 10+ years... I've previously tried PF3 as well but found it unstable and did not find it could handle dynamic SID/STAR assignments which you had to pre-program...

Eventually I moved back to Radar Contact.

1. How stable is Pro-ATC in completing flights with no ATC connection loss etc?

2. How is the dynamic SID/STAR handling along with vectors? Is it close to real world procedures when compared with the other offline ATC programs?

3. Can it be used w/o voice recognition? (= Only by using keyboard/menu commends)?

Thanks for the info,

Shom

ad1 stable on my system

ad2 more or less, see discussion above. I get vectors and transitions, but cannot estimate how close it is to real world ATC.

ad3 no voice recognition, only keyboard/mouse commands

• Like 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

8 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

is there a simple way to create new voice callsigns ?? 

for example "alpine, topswiss" 

Unfortunately not that I'm aware off,  has to be done with the dev.

André

21 minutes ago, Nemo said:

ad1 stable on my system

ad2 more or less, see discussion above. I get vectors and transitions, but cannot estimate how close it is to real world ATC.

ad3 no voice recognition, only keyboard/mouse commands

Thanks for the info, I may pick this one up!

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]