Sign in to follow this  
adaniel

Readback voices

I have used Vox Atc for a time now, and I like it very much. Normally I open the flightplan in flightplan extra, and save the flightplan with no vector to final. In the PMDG737 fmc I set up the flight with SID and STAR. I also let the flight officer do the speaking. When I start a flight, everything is ok, but during the flight my flight officers readback is cut in the midle of the sentence, when we are handed over to a new controller.  Is it a way to adjust the time so I can hear the whole readback?        On descend and final, I am told to fly the selected STAR, and report establised on procedure, and 4 nm before landing. When the FO report, the controller does not readback but start to say»say again.....». The only way to stop the saying is by disable VOXATC.  It mostly happens when reporting established, but not always.  Is this a known bug, and is it a way to avoid it? 
Tor Arild Danielsen

On 4/16/2021 at 1:47 AM, adaniel said:

my flight officers readback is cut in the midle of the sentence, when we are handed over to a new controller

Tor

Yep, that is a long standing "bug" we all hope will be fixed SOON ! Most of us realise our trusty PNF does the right thing setting frequencies & calling the next controller "clearly".

When the FO report, the controller does not readback but start to say»say again.....».

Sometimes, but I believe it is caused if the report is "outside" Vox's zone of tolerance if I can call it that ...... I guess but don't know for sure that established should be about 10nm to run & 4DME can be within 6nm.

I follow that "rule" & it seems okay 95%.

for now, cheers

john martin

Thank you for your replay. Good to know that others also experience this.  The cut of voice in the middle of a sentence I have in all flights, but the «say again»and « dismiss»  command I experience now and then, but more now than earlier.  I dont like to disable VOXATC when  it start to repeat commands, because the AI traffic also disappear. I hope they will fix this in next update.

Tor Arild

@adaniel

Tor, how are you "requesting" the PNF make the reports ....... press (but don't hold) the PTT is my (know no other) way.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

save the flightplan with no vector to final

I'm a tad lost on why you have this .....

22 hours ago, adaniel said:

«say again»and « dismiss»  command

are you assigned "full" approaches that are included in the afcad or still being vectored.

my experience is of the former ... so called "full" approaches.

for now, cheers

john martin

In VoxAtc flightplan extra, I open the flightplan, and save it with no vectors to approach, because I normally use a STAR  that direct  me to rwy tuch down point. After getting the command « report established...» my problem starts. The controller starts to say «say again» or «dismiss». It is no help pressing the PTT button again. I can live with this, but I hope it will be fixed in the future.

Tor Arild

5 hours ago, adaniel said:

normally use a STAR  that direct  me to rwy tuch down point.

Tor

If you wish, post some specific details of a "problem" Airport /STAR / Approach you've been assigned so one can check if it is not an airac issue or otherwise.

Depending, one can then submit a support enquiry.

for now, cheers

john martin

I have thought a lot about this the last days, and I have started to ask myself if I do something wrong when I set up the flights. I start with a flightplan that I create with onlineflightplanner.org or Little Nav Map. I save the flightplans in two format .pln and .rte. When I start preparing a flight I load .pln file into P3d and .rte file into PMDG 737 NGXu. Both flightplans have no SID or STAR, but in the FMC I add these  to the .rte flightplan,based on the weather forecast  and Rwy suggestion from ASP3D. Then I start VOXATC without doing any changes to the .pln flightplan. Can it be a conflict between the flightplan with SID and STAR and the pln flightplan without, that creates the strange voice behavier?

I doubt that your use of two differing flightplans impacts VOXATC's voice behavior. However, VOXATC will only follow what's included in that pln file. It will assign a STAR based on the last airborne waypoint in the flightplan.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

VOXATC will only follow what's included in that pln file. It will assign a STAR based on the last airborne waypoint in the flightplan.

@adaniel

Tor ...... Jay's notes are more than correct in that Vox expects one to fly the "pln" flightplan & more importantly follow the SIDS, STARS & Approaches it assigns after among other things considering the latest weather (& definitely not what ASP3D suggest ..... that program as brilliant as it is at weather depiction does not read your sim's scenery to know which runways are available & what Vox believes is appropriate for your aircraft etc.)

That aside, & in the relative absence of your mention of the approach phase, I suspect you are reporting "established" whilst on the STAR just after you receive your Approach Clearance (STARS do not lead one to the runway .... that is the Approach procedure thereafter).

Vox would know you are not on the Approach & are further than 10nm or so away from touchdown, hence "rejects" the report as you hear ... & it is expecting you to be on the Approach procedure.

Again, if you post a specific scenario, one might better define for you where & whether the "problem" occurs.

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

Thank you for replays. The reason I have not posted a scenario, is that I dont write down the STAR and SID I use in the flightplan, so I am not sure which procedures I have used on my last flights.  I will now plan a new flight, and include SID and STAR in the pln flightplan, and write everything down. I will report back after my next flight.

Tor Arild

57 minutes ago, adaniel said:

and include SID and STAR in the pln flightplan

no .... let vox assign those & then only include them in your aircraft's FMS when assigned & then the APPROACH when it is assigned.

the pln is "enroute" only ..... SID exit to STAR entry.

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

Ok, I will do that. I know understand that VOXATC is closer to real ATC than I have thought. I am happy you have taught  me that.

• Like 1

@daniel

Keen to hear an update on how things are going ..... 😉

for now, cheers

john martin