Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

LFMN, the latest update, and Bijan's Seasons

I just spent another day of my life trying to resolve issues after an update to the sim.

I had been holding off buying any scenery for Nice (LFMN) as I had heard it was going to be one of the updated airports in the France update. Update went in ok, but when I went to LFMN I kept getting weird problems. Sometimes a black screen, more often a freeze-out at the "ready to fly" screen - couldn't click to progress, CPU sitting at around 25% (high for my system), had to end task to get control back. Tried lots of other places that were new but all ok - Rotterdam was fine, and that was another of the new airports.

Worked ok with a completely vanilla system (absolutely no addons in place), but started getting problems when I put on (addons linker) my global and utilities stuff. So started the tedious process of shutting the sim down and taking out the addons one at a time. Thought it was the GTN addon for the G36 at first, but eventually it seems to have been Bijan's Season package that was doing it. Which sort of makes sense as it included a tree LOD fix and they've obviously just gone and scr*wed that up again.

So I checked at SimMarket and sure enough, there is a new version of Bijan's Seasons Pack (4.4) available for download. Did so, put it in and that seems to have solved the LMFN problem. I can run there now with a season pack in place ok. Funny that it only seemed to affect LFMN, but then that was probably just the only situation I'd found.

So, if you're a user of @BijanStudio's seasons pack, make sure you download the latest version. You may not have had any problems as yet but it might be a wise precaution.

As to the tree LOD issue, I've got my LOD set to 500 via the config file, it's costing me some smoothness I'm sure but so far I can live with that. Does p*ss me off though that I can't run smoothly with a decent LOD at ultra at 4k on a Titan RTX. Especially as I could when the sim came out originally. This sim is the reason I hocked my kidneys to raise the money to build this PC in the first place.

As to the update generally, well, the usual mixed bag. Lots of nice looking stuff. A few disappointments, and a couple of backward steps. Getting used to it by now though. Still better than any of the alternatives for me, especially with the H135 now.

Edited by andy1252
typo
  • Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

I am glad it's sorted out,

Many don't know but buyers can enable notifications here: https://secure.simmarket.com/account_newsletter.php  t get the latest update notifications.

• Like 4

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

LFMN from the last WorldUpdate 4 is very heavy for FPS. I preferred to remove it to put back the well optimized LFMN of JustSim. Here is the path if you want to delete it or move it too: ... MSFSPackages \ Official \ OneStores \ microsoft-airport-lfmn-nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eriktu said:

LFMN from the last WorldUpdate 4 is very heavy for FPS. I preferred to remove it to put back the well optimized LFMN of JustSim. Here is the path if you want to delete it or move it too: ... MSFSPackages \ Official \ OneStores \ microsoft-airport-lfmn-nice.

Yeah, I'm contemplating that as an option. It's definitely a resource muncher on my system too. But I'll probably leave it for now, the whole med coast is not what it was, and there are plenty of other areas I'd rather spend money on at the moment.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

On 4/15/2021 at 9:10 AM, andy1252 said:

I just spent another day of my life trying to resolve issues after an update to the sim.

I had been holding off buying any scenery for Nice (LFMN) as I had heard it was going to be one of the updated airports in the France update. Update went in ok, but when I went to LFMN I kept getting weird problems. Sometimes a black screen, more often a freeze-out at the "ready to fly" screen - couldn't click to progress, CPU sitting at around 25% (high for my system), had to end task to get control back. Tried lots of other places that were new but all ok - Rotterdam was fine, and that was another of the new airports.

Worked ok with a completely vanilla system (absolutely no addons in place), but started getting problems when I put on (addons linker) my global and utilities stuff. So started the tedious process of shutting the sim down and taking out the addons one at a time. Thought it was the GTN addon for the G36 at first, but eventually it seems to have been Bijan's Season package that was doing it. Which sort of makes sense as it included a tree LOD fix and they've obviously just gone and scr*wed that up again.

So I checked at SimMarket and sure enough, there is a new version of Bijan's Seasons Pack (4.4) available for download. Did so, put it in and that seems to have solved the LMFN problem. I can run there now with a season pack in place ok. Funny that it only seemed to affect LFMN, but then that was probably just the only situation I'd found.

So, if you're a user of @BijanStudio's seasons pack, make sure you download the latest version. You may not have had any problems as yet but it might be a wise precaution.

As to the tree LOD issue, I've got my LOD set to 500 via the config file, it's costing me some smoothness I'm sure but so far I can live with that. Does p*ss me off though that I can't run smoothly with a decent LOD at ultra at 4k on a Titan RTX. Especially as I could when the sim came out originally. This sim is the reason I hocked my kidneys to raise the money to build this PC in the first place.

As to the update generally, well, the usual mixed bag. Lots of nice looking stuff. A few disappointments, and a couple of backward steps. Getting used to it by now though. Still better than any of the alternatives for me, especially with the H135 now.

I fixed the LOD. New Tree LOD V1 is coming soon, starting with Germany:

This is only Lod 2.75 and trees to ultra with LOD V1:

EDIT:  LOD no longer works after sim update. 

md9L5KO.png

Results of new LOD V1 (watch the end)

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 4

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

You need to start a new topic about this tree LOD fix, why just Germany?

LOWI as you know is not Germany, so have you fixed it globally?

Need more info please 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

fixed the LOD. New Tree LOD V1 is coming soon, starting with Germany:

This is only Lod 2.75 and trees to ultra with LOD V1:

So do we need to buy the LOD mod from Simmarket or is this incorporated within the 4 seasons mod i have already?

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

Even though I watch the Tree LOD V1 video till the end, nothing has really changed on the trees display distance compared to my TLOD 200 at the same location. Most of the users won't accept more than TLOD 125, above that value stutters will happen more often.

Edited by tmpnmk

5 minutes ago, RW1 said:

So do we need to buy the LOD mod from Simmarket or is this incorporated within the 4 seasons mod i have already?

No it's free upgrade.

I'll start a new post with more info later. It's 2am here now.

• Like 3

Gaming Laptop:

2 minutes ago, tmpnmk said:

Even though I watch the Tree LOD V1 video till the end, nothing has really changed on the trees display distance. Seems just making some money again...

No other mod can extend the trees that far. Go compare yourself before saying anything.

Gaming Laptop:

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

You need to start a new topic about this tree LOD fix, why just Germany?

LOWI as you know is not Germany, so have you fixed it globally?

Need more info please 

Lowi was just a test spot.

Will post more info later.

• Like 3

Gaming Laptop:

I fixed the LOD. New Tree LOD V1 is coming soon, starting with Germany:

This is only Lod 2.75 and trees to ultra with LOD VI

Please give us more info on this, why just only Germany? will it be different versions based on longitude in the future? and what have you found out about what Asobo have done to the Lod?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Results of new LOD V1 (watch the end)

Why are the trees bright red/ pink, they look rediculous - is it to illustrate the distances?

(Oh, just seen your post crimplene - SNAP! )

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Why are the trees bright red/ pink, they look rediculous - is it to illustrate the distances?

(Oh, just seen your post crimplene - SNAP! )

OMG. I thought it was obvious the color was done for just doing test. 🙂

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Gaming Laptop: