Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

In Flight Map

I'm really not impressed with the MSFS in flight map.  I'm sure I've read here about being able to replace it or run with a better map in the menu bar, but a search revealed nothing.

Please could someone point me in the right direction?  I have downloaded Little Navmap which looks good, but need to keep using Shift Tab to get to it and was looking for something to use in game.

Thanks.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

33 minutes ago, cianpars said:

I have downloaded Little Navmap which looks good, but need to keep using Shift Tab to get to it and was looking for something to use in game.

Add another display and run Little Navmap on it.

• Like 1

Intel i7 10700K (OC 5.0) / 32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16 / EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra 8GB RAM / SSDs / 660watt PSU / LG27GL83A-B  1440P IPS G-Sync Compatible / Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX / Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo

Thanks for all of your help.  I was hoping for a map with the ILS frequencies.  I do have a spare 22 inch monitor I could run Little Navmap on I suppose, but I don't think i have the space for it.  The only space is in the shelf above my PC desk, but I think it's too narrow and perhaps too high.  I will no some experimentation.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

22 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Thanks for all of your help.  I was hoping for a map with the ILS frequencies.  I do have a spare 22 inch monitor I could run Little Navmap on I suppose, but I don't think i have the space for it.  The only space is in the shelf above my PC desk, but I think it's too narrow and perhaps too high.  I will no some experimentation.

Just go on airnav.com for ILS freqs.

Edited by NightOfDreams

Have a look at FSXMap.com and check out the user guide here - and yes, it does show ILS frequencies. I've been using it for a few years now and I find it really easy to use but also comprehensive enough for what I want to do. Super program IMO.

• Like 1

Best regards

Rupert

2 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

Just go on airnav.com for ILS freqs.

Thanks, but this seems to only cover the USA.

1 hour ago, CB_Pilot said:

Have a look at FSXMap.com and check out the user guide here - and yes, it does show ILS frequencies. I've been using it for a few years now and I find it really easy to use but also comprehensive enough for what I want to do. Super program IMO.

Thanks, I'll give that a go

4 hours ago, cianpars said:

I'm really not impressed with the MSFS in flight map.  I'm sure I've read here about being able to replace it or run with a better map in the menu bar, but a search revealed nothing.

Please could someone point me in the right direction?  I have downloaded Little Navmap which looks good, but need to keep using Shift Tab to get to it and was looking for something to use in game.

Thanks.

Look no further than this;

https://flightsim.to/file/3181/fspm-vfr-map

Seriously, look no further. There's loads of word not allowed out there trying to get control of your activities but that is the one.

It does exactly what it says on the tin.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 2

I run this one:

https://flightsim.to/file/2828/msfs-mobile-companion-app

MSFS Mobile Companion App

MSFS Mobile Companion App is a tool that allows you to control essential aircraft instruments such as NAV/COM frequencies, autopilot, or lights using almost any mobile device. The MSFS Mobile Companion App is free to use.

Don't install the app on your mobile device. Download and run it on your PC. This creates a local web server to which you connect from your mobile device via an IP address.

MSFS Mobile Companion App features:

• Moving Map (Open Street Maps).
  • Load flight plan into the map.
  • NAV 1/2 frequency and OBS 1/2 selection.
  • ADF frequency and ADF card selection.
  • COM 1/2 and transponder selection.
  • Autopilot with altitude, vertical speed, and airspeed settings.
  • GPS controls.
  • Gyro drift and altimeter pressure settings.
  • Light controls.
  • Pitot heat and deicing controls.
  • Landing ratings (vertical speed at touchdown).
  • Simulation rate controls.

Supported Aircraft Controls Profiles:

• Default GNS430/530 and G1000 (to be used with default MSFS planes and other third-party planes without dedicated controls profiles)
  • A32NX by FlyByWire
  • PA-28R Arrow III (GPS100, GNS430/530) by Just Flight

Update Mar/29/2021 Version 1.6 Changelog:

• Added aircraft controls profile selection
  • Added controls profiles for GNS430/530, G1000, A32NX (FBW), and PA-28R (Just Flight)
  • Added integration with Mobiflight WASM
  • Added Data tab with IAS, ALT, HDG data
  • Added Sync HDG bug to current heading
  • Added yaw damper AP controls
  • Fixed NAV frequency display UI for iOS (padding for NAV frequency display)