Sign in to follow this  
David B

Really irritated with FSD Seneca V

Guest United

I tried, I really tried to have this addressed at the FSD forum, but no, there'll be none of that will there! All I asked is that somebody on their staff explain to me why the FSX Seneca V Standard instrument version HSI cannot find the correct magnetic heading to save it's flight soul. All I got was gibberish about how it has an advanced HSI compared to the FSX default "advanced compass" which by the way does work!! Yikes!! . Does anyone who has the FSD Seneca V and uses the standard avionics package explain to me how to set the gyros and make the HSI indicate the correct magnetic heading? Please!?!!!Randy Jura, KPDX

>I tried, I really tried to have this addressed at the FSD>forum, but no, there'll be none of that will there! All I>asked is that somebody on their staff explain to me why the>FSX Seneca V Standard instrument version HSI cannot find the>correct magnetic heading to save it's flight soul. All I got>was gibberish about how it has an advanced HSI compared to the>FSX default "advanced compass" which by the way does work!!>Yikes!! . Does anyone who has the FSD Seneca>V and uses the standard avionics package explain to me how to>set the gyros and make the HSI indicate the correct magnetic>heading? Please!?!!!>>Randy Jura, KPDXI have communicated with them through emails and two of they are just rude. Bad atitudes!

>I tried, I really tried to have this addressed at the FSD>forum, but no, there'll be none of that will there! All I>asked is that somebody on their staff explain to me why the>FSX Seneca V Standard instrument version HSI cannot find the>correct magnetic heading to save it's flight soul. All I got>was gibberish about how it has an advanced HSI compared to the>FSX default "advanced compass" which by the way does work!!>Yikes!! . Does anyone who has the FSD Seneca>V and uses the standard avionics package explain to me how to>set the gyros and make the HSI indicate the correct magnetic>heading? Please!?!!!>>Randy Jura, KPDXHi Randy. Sorry for your frustration. I do know that Jim's computer is TU..(harddrive crashed!) Tim, the gauge programmer is still out of town from the Holiday. Please have some patience.That said, I posted on the FSD support forum, for some things for you to try. It will help in determining where the problem may be.When time permits, if you could try those steps...I'll continue to try and follow up as well.I am not an FSD employee. Jim's a good friend. He asked if I would'nt mind asking you to try these steps...to help locate the problem.Thanks.Best,David

Guest United

David, your help is most welcome. Sorry for the attitude as I had no idea of Jim's problem. I will check the FSD forum and see what is posted and carry on patiently from there. Thanks so much!Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest United

FYI for this forum for those who may run into this situation, if the HSI compass will not initiate you must load the Seneca's glass cockpit first, then swith to standard, turn everything on and hit the "D" key if you have too. Even if the FSX Cessna Default is loaded first, at least on my system, the FSD Seneca V's HSI will not initiate correctly.Randy Jura, KPDX

Awesome Randy. Glad you got things working.I have passed along the info. to JIm. He'll leave Tim a message, as he is still out of town.Have Fun!Best,David

Hi, very usefull information on this post about the  Seneca V FSD

( Even though I'm not very impressed, I have to say Carenado does it better on their products unfortunately they dont have Seneca V model )

But I can say that overall this one of FSD works fine, except by the little ( colosal ) problem that I cant see anything but a black panel on 2D cockpit view, can you help me with that?

Best regards

Wow - thread resurrected after 7 years ....... impressive!  :smile:

I remember this Seneca and it was fun to fly, with good FDE.    Ancient now though.    You could quite possibly find the remains of mummies and some fossils in the cockpit, such is how old this add-on is!  :lol:

I cant see anything but a black panel on 2D cockpit view, can you help me with that?

Best regards

This sounds like the panel itself in minimized.   When you see the black panel, try hitting SHIFT+1, or SHIFT+2, SHIFT+3, etc, etc, and hopefully one will bring the panel up.

Oh and WELCOME!  :smile:

Oh and WELCOME! :smile:

Saved by the bell! :biggrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Well thank you guys, you make me fell like I bought a piece of FS ancient history. About the 2D cockpit black panel, FSD guys solve it for me, it was a problem with the "Load manager" and they have sent me an update to fix it, but now I'm facing with solid blue color windows on the VC when it rains. And their VC rain Fix is not working on my PC. Seems that they made it on 2002 and remains intact, now they sell it to be used on FSX, the truth is I'm not very happy with it, many problems and not as good in resolution as their competitors. In real life is an amazing plane, on FSX not so much 

BTW I'm happy to resurect this post  :good:

Go here for Flight1's VC rain fix
http://www.flight1.c...sp?page=library

That will fix the blue windows, While the Senaca is very old it still has one of the better piston twin airfiles out there.

Thanks mad dog. Flight1's VC rain fix tool worked. Meanwhile the guys from technical support of FSD never replied again. Last thing they said is that the problem was my FSX and I should reinstall it. But as I see it the problem was their VC rain fix tool that was unable to find my FSX folders.

I am really disapointed with Flight Sim Developers support. I think their product should be able to work fine since the very first time instead of keeping the costumer seeking for solutions everywhere.

Last thing they said is that the problem was my FSX and I should reinstall it

That's a FSD classic :)

RobdeVries.jpg