Sign in to follow this  
ctalpas

Where's Ben?

Haven't seen any posts by Ben of Airline2Sim since early March?  Hope everything is okay.

Not uncommon for Ben to show up for a while, do some new stucf and then disappear.

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

except he's disappeared without completing A320 cadet training program.

I wanted to buy some other stuff, but if the support is lacking i won't buy.

🛩️ Brian Houghton

System: P3D V5.3 HF2, Intel i7-9700K o/c to 4.5Ghz, Nvidia RTX 3080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, 2x1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, MSI Z390 M/B, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit 21H2,Samsung UHD 43" LED TV, Benq 27" HD monitor.

2nd PC: Networked for atc, charts, and streaming. Intel i7 4790k 4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 2070 Super, Samsung 970 Evo, 2x sata drives, MSI Z970 M/B, 32Gb G.skills DDR3 Ram, Win 10 Pro 21H2, 2x Benq 27" Monitors

24 minutes ago, brianwhtn43 said:

except he's disappeared without completing A320 cadet training program. 

Maybe he's actually, y'know, completing it? 🤫

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Yes Kevin, That maybe true, however there have been a few posts here asking for support, one asking why they can't see the video's after buying the product.

It has been 2 months since there has been any posts from Ben.

I do know that he was recalled back to work in Saudi Arabia, but an acknowledgement of some kind would be great.

I do appreciate that work and real world issues can get in the way of peoples passion sometimes, but still these are paid for products and the lack of support makes people nervous about buying their products.

Brian 

Edited by brianwhtn43
added text

🛩️ Brian Houghton

System: P3D V5.3 HF2, Intel i7-9700K o/c to 4.5Ghz, Nvidia RTX 3080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, 2x1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, MSI Z390 M/B, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit 21H2,Samsung UHD 43" LED TV, Benq 27" HD monitor.

2nd PC: Networked for atc, charts, and streaming. Intel i7 4790k 4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 2070 Super, Samsung 970 Evo, 2x sata drives, MSI Z970 M/B, 32Gb G.skills DDR3 Ram, Win 10 Pro 21H2, 2x Benq 27" Monitors

Brian is right about nervous people -- especially someone that couldn't see the videos (maybe Brian reached out directly).  Although, I did get the A320 program and I'm really enjoying it.  Fingers crossed on the rest of the episodes.  

Oh Ladbound, it was not me that could not access the videos, I was just commenting about the lack of support for that OP and the fact that Ben has gone very quiet. This not the first time this has happened.

I do hope he is ok and nothing untoward has happened as I do like his products and the way they are presented.

🛩️ Brian Houghton

I just wanted to chime in on this as someone who has just purchased the product. I hope all is well with Ben and I am quite excited to start the program, however - upon purchasing the set of videos and finding the last three videos are months late and not finished was an immediate red flag for me. The schedule shown before purchase and the website itself does not state that the final chapter of the program you are paying for is unreleased.

Might be a good idea to update the schedule and website to reflect this to ensure people don't have their excitement dulled by figuring it out after paying.

Looking forward to starting and hope to see some news of the final chapter soon.

• Like 1

I'm in a similar situation.  I really enjoyed the Q400 series and was able to download them to watch in non-streaming locations.  I just purchased the A320 series and I've noticed that these are not downloadable (yet) and 3 videos are still outstanding from an ETA of 2 months ago.  

Hopefully all is well with Ben and he hasn't vanished again.

Dan

Edited by dpergau

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

Don't get me wrong, I admire their sense for quality and if anything is not good enough, it should receive attention. I love the program, I really do. I understand these are tough times for most of us and I hope Ben and the company is okay.

But I what I don't understand is, if it wasn't finished or still in sub-standard condition.... why do you sell it in the first place?

It's just getting a little frustrating to hope for the last piece of something I paid for to finally arrive, while checking the website & the forum regularly. It just starting to feel a bit strange. "New modules each week" was never the case. The timeline I was given on purchase did not work out. And fully purchased content is still missing. Not to mention the unfortunate break in the "learning flow". It's been over a month since their last statement, questions here go unanswered and the last part of the product are 2 months past due...

I don't want to sound mean, sorry. I do hope everything's okay. But reading above comments of Ben vanishing "again" worries me... I really would like to know what's going on.

Thanks,
Stu

• Like 1

Another thing that I am really interested is the new Aurasim app and that maybe is on hold, too.

Hope Ben is well.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

Absolutely love the training programs (I have all of them except the 777 one) but slightly starting to worry if the A320 program is ever going to be finished. Really hope Ben is well; would be nice to at least hear something from him. No communication at all while he was so excited about this program is worrying though.

It's par for the course with Ben.  Around for a while and then gone again.

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm no legal expert, but I don't think that it's 100% legit if you list the content of a product you are selling, and then after the customers paid in full, just don't deliver all parts that were advertised.
Anyways, at least they should update their product description and "detailed program guide" so people who (consider to) buy now don't think they will get everything that is listed there. It is still showing the full program on their website with the last module due Feb23 !