Sign in to follow this  
ctalpas

Where's Ben?

2 hours ago, Julian Roschlau said:

I guess he did abandon us.

That’s some very solid detective work you did there. I think it’s time for the mods to post a notice at the top of the subforum warning potential buyers of the status of the program.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I already talked to the Admins about this a while ago.  They will do nothing.  Their general view was that they provide a space for the forum, but they don't otherwise get involved.

Hmm - let's really hope he 're-surfaces' ... his last appearance on AVSIM was on the 19th of August 2021.

Come on, @Airline2Sim (Ben!) ... Where are you???

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I was so, so, so lucky for not buying this gentleman's latest product...

So lucky... being a lover of FSLabs it could have been day one purchase!

Edited by Juliett Alfa
  • Like 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

How interesting, well done Detective Julian. I find this news somewhat sad! We have a wonderful community all sharing a great hobby which by its nature bonds us together resulting in trust and belief in each other. Ben was (not sure if still is) part of that community. If he chose not to complete the A320 programme and give up his role in flight sim, honesty on his part is likely to have received a more sympathetic response. He dropped a number of comments in the latest release about his divorce which suggested it was a bitter affair. Seems he may have divorced us!

It seems you can still purchase/download his products from the website. I guess the big question is for how much longer. Is there a way we can warn our members of the potential danger and loss of money if they now buy any such products now?

Keith

Edited by KeithGiannoni
Typos

16 hours ago, KeithGiannoni said:

Is there a way we can warn our members of the potential danger and loss of money if they now buy any such products now?

As @ladbound wrote a few posts above: "I already talked to the Admins about this a while ago.  They will do nothing.  Their general view was that they provide a space for the forum, but they don't otherwise get involved."

Maybe create a sort of warning post and keep bumping it so it stays on top?

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

On 11/15/2021 at 1:04 PM, Julian Roschlau said:

Hi everyone,

I guess I "found" Ben. First of all, he is alive.

I was browsing some of the older threads last night when I came across this.
Back in 2017 he informed us about his move to the Middle East and his new job at a radio station.

Turns out, he still works there. The station is called Studio 2 FM Radio Saudi Aramco. He has a show called "House Blend" at 02:00 UTC and if you go and check out their Facebook page you will even find videos of him.
The last video he posted was on November 7, 2021.

You can even listen to his show on TuneIn

I guess he did abandon us.

Maybe someone should take him up on the Question of the day as mentioned in his post

https://forms.gle/C6pb3yCVSeesC9sa8 It’s finally time‼️ Tune in to Studio 2 fm every weekday at 6:40am as Ben shares the question of the day 💭 submit your

Harry Woodrow

Hi guys, so it seems that Mr. Ben has decided to disappear and leave his customers with an unfinished product.
What can I say... congratulations for the professionalism and seriousness. Not even an official notice, an email, nothing.

I would have liked to watch the Winter Ops video 😞

Regards, Max

• Like 3

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot

I seem to recall Ben saying in a stream that he recorded the last three episodes but wasn’t satisfied with the quality; and was planning to redo them. It’s a shame that he appears to have vanished as I’m big fan of his work! 

Yes, that was the reason he gave for the delays about a year ago. 
It‘s a real shame we never get to see the episodes. 
An apology would go a long way. 

If I remember correctly, James is an active flight simmer. Is he on Avsim or anywhere we could reach out to him? 

On 1/28/2022 at 8:49 AM, Julian Roschlau said:

If I remember correctly, James is an active flight simmer. Is he on Avsim or anywhere we could reach out to him? 

James? You mean, the A320 pilot from his Cadet course (and from Amsterdam Airport2Sim) ? Would be interesting to hear his version - if he has one... 

It's really a shame, that Ben just suddenly disappeared - without any word or explanation... I'm a huge fan of his work, and was really hoping to see a 747-course and of course (hopefully) a 737-course. 

That said, even though the last 3 episodes are missing from his A320-Cadet Training Course, I (personally) wouldn't consider it a 'waste of money', to be honest. But then again, that's just my opinon... 

Until I hear something from him - I really hope that he sometimes gets back to us.

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On 2/11/2022 at 3:38 PM, anden145 said:

James? You mean, the A320 pilot from his Cadet course

Yeah, he is the EJ pilot featured in the Airbus cadet program.
The final (missing) episodes were supposed to be with a different Airbus pilot (also called James). 

I also do not consider it a waste of money. The program is top notch - it would be such a shame if it ended like this. So much potential for future episodes and other training programs. 

• Like 2

Tracked Ben down  (he does seem to move around a bit)  ...... https://www.instagram.com/ben_in_bahrain/tagged/ he seems to be happy?!

His Instagram tag says ......

Ben
Radio Bahrain host and media guy from 🇬🇧 heard across 🇧🇭 and also the voice of @airline2sim Love travelling, great food and wine. Hates lentils.

If anyone wants to listen to his radio show it's called The Big Breakfast.

Radio Bahrain 96.5

Sun - Thurs 6am to 10am (Local I'd guess!)

Edited by issgazer
Update

aka John Heaton