Sign in to follow this  
ctalpas

Where's Ben?

3 hours ago, disco79stu said:

I'm no legal expert, but I don't think that it's 100% legit if you list the content of a product you are selling, and then after the customers paid in full, just don't deliver all parts that were advertised.
Anyways, at least they should update their product description and "detailed program guide" so people who (consider to) buy now don't think they will get everything that is listed there. It is still showing the full program on their website with the last module due Feb23 !

I think the main concern for Airline2Sim is credit card disputes for this kind of thing.  It's partially complete, so I wouldn't expect that a full refund would make sense.  On the other hand, partially complete is a hallmark of the content/software business.  How many times have you seen a vendor hype something only to find it's basically beta (or non-existent), but they assure you the update is coming.  Usually the update shows up eventually, but it might be months, even years. 

What is annoying now is that Ben hasn't even posted here, or the FSLabs forums, for over two months.  And all it would take is a few minutes to say: "no update yet."  Nevertheless, I think the product is actually very good, so at least what is available is solid. 

Oh, and I am a lawyer.

Edited by Iadbound

His work is excellent and arguably there has been enough released to be of vale.  Even if he had been recalled to the Antarctic there are computers and internet access on a daily basis,  The only place a few months of forced going black is if he is in the submarine service.  I do not feel happy buying this till it is fully released and even then as it is not a downloadable product I am not sure I will as I cannot rely on Ben being able to keep his promises.

Harry Woodrow

Do any of you know what Traffic program Ben is using in the video's? I'm very impressed.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Oh, and by the way. His facebook page is the same. He's just vanished. 😞

Dave Taylor gb.png

He still logs in to the site every now and then though which is weird. Anyway, already refunded my purchase (paypal to the rescue) as this is useless to me with no downloads and an incomplete program.

Just an FYI, I sent a note to the AVSIM administrators asking if there is any requirement that the Commercial Support forum entities actually provide support, or at least respond to forum posts made to them.  The answer is no.  AVSIM simply provides the space.

While it's nice of AVSIM to provide the space, I would think AVSIM would require active participation of the commercial entity in order to maintain the free space offered. Moreover, the presence of a support forum gives the patina of legitimacy to the entities, and if they disappear I think it reflects poorly on the community and AVSIM is itself.  If I were AVSIM I would suspend or shutdown the support forum if the entity does not actively participate after some reasonable period of time (e.g., maybe six months).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

He has been showing on Facebook but does not answer any messages.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hmm I guess he didn't show up yet huh? Oh well what was released already was quite good.  But honestly in the age of youtube I don't think I'll be spending any more money on this.  V1, blackbox and flightdeck2sim have me covered pretty nicely. 

See still no response from Ben . Currently having log in issues for Airbus cadet package I bought but hadn't used for months and wanted to get back to . Urghh..

I bought the product, got the confirmation email and the welcome email. I then followed the link and got access to the content. I started watching, but after a reboot, I can’t get back in. No log in works and reset password doesn’t work either, so I watched the first 2 videoes and now can’t get back to watch the rest.

Had I known about all the issues with this, I would have waited. I’m very disappointed, although the content I did see was very good, but obviously, I expect to have access to it for more than about 12 hours. With the login issues on the site, and no way to reset or get access to your paid content is a big no-no and they will loose a lot of sales (and returning customers, like me) with this terrible support.

At the risk of being a little melodramatic, is Ben still alive? I mean this as a genuine question with what has been happening in the world these last eighteen months. There are also  still seriously ill people with long Covid. The fact that his FB or other accounts have been active at some stage does not mean Ben himself has been active on them, anyone could be monitoring them. I can still access all the purchases I have made which, to me, suggests, all is not lost. I think we would all just appreciate an update on what is happening.

Best,

Keith

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi everyone,

I guess I "found" Ben. First of all, he is alive.

I was browsing some of the older threads last night when I came across this.
Back in 2017 he informed us about his move to the Middle East and his new job at a radio station.

Turns out, he still works there. The station is called Studio 2 FM Radio Saudi Aramco. He has a show called "House Blend" at 02:00 UTC and if you go and check out their Facebook page you will even find videos of him.
The last video he posted was on November 7, 2021.

You can even listen to his show on TuneIn

I guess he did abandon us.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1