Sign in to follow this  
DU99

Milviz Corsair , rudder trim

About the rudder trim , in manual they say that rudder must set 6 too the right..i do that but when i looking outside the rudder trim go too the left.   But if i set rudder -6 , the rudder trim go too the right.   It is someone others that see this ??  

I have moved your topic into the Milviz user to user support forum.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, DU99 said:

About the rudder trim , in manual they say that rudder must set 6 too the right..i do that but when i looking outside the rudder trim go too the left.   But if i set rudder -6 , the rudder trim go too the right.   It is someone others that see this ??  

What you are seeing is correct. Below is an illustration of how it works which I've made for you. Hope this helps.

It's the aerodynamic lift force on the trim tab which is deflected one way, which makes the rudder deflect the other way.

JTGGmZG.jpg

This is the same as when you look at your wing as you move the aileron one way and the wing goes the other way. Imagine the rudder is a wing and the trim tab is an aileron and you will understand why the tab makes the aileron go the opposite way. 

Not all aeroplanes use the trim tab system, some trim controls act directly on the control surface, the Piper PA28 uses this method for example, and so on aeroplane which use this method, you would actually see the trim control move the control surface itself.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Chock, when I push the left rudder pedal, I expect the nose to turn to the left (which it does) and this is done using the aerodynamics you explained by setting the rudder to the left, which makes the tail turn to the right and the nose to the left.

If I set the rudder trim 6 units to the left (-6 that is) I also expect the rudder trim going to the left and thus, the nose to slightly to turn to the left and the tail tending to turn to the right. Am I wrong?

What DU99 descibed was the rudder trim going to the right instead when setting the trim to the left.

"What DU99 descibed was the rudder trim going to the right instead when setting the trim to the left."

When setting rudder trim to the left (-) the trim tab SHOULD move to the right. The purpose of the rudder trim tab is to deflect the rudder, not ACT as a rudder. Trim tab to the right (-) moves rudder to the left, which causes a yaw to the left.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB